Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-11, 12:56 PM   #3097
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Hey Lance

Yep i spotted those Iris offering over at SOH some very cool planes there all for Free!

Once my pay check clears i'll go buy one of there payware planes as a thank you

I look forward to checking out your screen shots

BTW ive been playing with the lensflare effect in FSX making a glare/bloom effect for the VC out of it

heres a few shots and a link to the files/how too

How To info/Link

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...104#entry72104

Laters
steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-11, 11:33 PM   #3098
Luftwayfarer

I released my Miami Seaplane Base scenery as freeware at OzX, so have at it.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-base-for-fsx/

Luftwayfarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-11, 02:08 AM   #3099
sillyeagle
sillyego

I'm a bit surprised how quickly Flight is being developed. I heard it will be North America only with lots of DLC.

Finally jumped back into FSX for a bit so here's some pics with Shade. Even if I just stick with the default shade profile or even Marks profile I'm gonna want to use it all the time now given what it does for the overall color and contrast. Looks much richer than before.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 12-09-11, 10:03 PM   #3100
wingclip

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddell View Post
Hey guys looking for a bit of help with FSX in relation to ckpit tooltips. I have the Deluxe version of FSX with Acceleration installed and REX. The problem is that ckpit tooltips do not display in either 2D or Virtual ckpit.

I have tried flicking the option on and off and yet I get no response. Is there any way in which i can enable the tooltips or have i done something to permanently disable it?

Any help much appreciated
Hi all, I don't know if anyone will get this post, (especially Riddell), but I have that exact same problem. There are folks in REX that are trying to figure it out with me. I have no tool tip s showing after the first switch that I may mouse over when I open a new aircraft.

But this ONLY happens AFTER I downloaded REX OD. If I just run with REX I have no problem and I have no problems without REX entirely, just with REX OD. I don't have 'Preview Direct X turned on. I use high resolution settings, (HP 2511X monitor and FSX is set to 1920x1080x32).

Processor OC'd to 4.02GHz and GPU is at 945 clock & 1330mem. 8 gigs RAM (1333mhz). I typically run my scenery sliders full right except for the Autogen which I set to "Very High", (one notch down from full), and my Mesh is set to 2 m.

I run HD clouds at 2048 and that's pretty much how I fly unless I get into my real high resolution scenery add-ons, (UTX USA/Alaska, GEX NA, AFME, FTX NA PNW & CRM, and a bunch of little airports and strips).

Anyway, that's about it. I'm about to try a suggestion to have FSX rebuild a new config file and see what happens then. But if anyone ever heard of this and knows an answer I sure would appreciate some insight. I don't believe that this is a REX problem, (I don't use the Weather engine), but I'm certain that REX OD is triggering the issue.
Thanks
wingclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 10:34 PM   #3101
sillyeagle
sillyego

Really looking forward to the A2A Accusim P-40. Might get me back in FSX for a while.

The original A2A P-40 still has the best external engine recordings and sound engineering I've yet to hear in FSX. Nothing else sounds so powerful and realistic when cranked up on my Klipsch 2.1 system.

Should be out next week, or so it seems.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 01-31-12, 02:18 PM   #3102
Andrey_Ts

Some art with Sibwings Pitts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fsscr000.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	43594  Click image for larger version

Name:	fsscr001.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	43595  
Andrey_Ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 12:23 PM   #3103
polli

Hello. I am new here. My name is Polli. I want download game but I can't first I must download free software something as video codec. What I must do?
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-12, 12:25 PM   #3104
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by polli View Post
Hello. I am new here. My name is Polli. I want download game but I can't first I must download free software something as video codec. What I must do?
Get banned, you spambot!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-12, 12:27 PM   #3105
Redeemed

BTW- one of these days I'm gonna' fool ya'll. See, my best friend is fixin' to get his pilot's liscense. And when he does, I'm gonna' click a lot of pics and claim their screenshots from a mod I was working on.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-12, 05:24 PM   #3106
sillyeagle
sillyego

Whoa, check this out!

Add a “touch” of Accu-Sim to your aircraft collection

OVERVIEW

Accu-Feel is a program written for FSX that uses additional physics and sound to elevate almost your entire aircraft collection*, both default and 3rd party. It works at the core of FSX, and therefore does not make any changes to any of your aircraft files (for example, downloaded aircraft paints won't be touched). In fact, we don't need to edit or change a single file in your entire FSX install directory. We instead “read” the aircraft that is loaded, analyze it, then automatically create a custom physics and sound profile that is saved outside FSX. You, the customer, don't even have to know this is all happening. You can just select your aircraft and fly it.

However, people all have different likings, and while we have ours, we are happy for each person to have theirs too. So every aircraft can also be customized. Using an in-game GUI (Graphical User Interface), settings can be viewed and edited with easy-to-use sliders and buttons. Once done, all settings are automatically saved with the press of one button.

After installing Accu-Feel, you may climb in one of your “probably never flown” default Microsoft-built aircraft and think, “this is actually quite enjoyable.” Once we started playing with the initial versions of Accu-Feel, we found that our entire aircraft collection felt a whole lot bigger. Accu-Feel is also tested in-house with over forty 3rd party aircraft.

FEATURES
•
Built for the world's most popular flight simulator, Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

•
Simple, safe non-destructive installation leaves all of your aircraft directories untouched (aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg, etc. are not changed)

•
Works with almost all FSX aircraft. Tested with both default and over forty 3rdparty aircraft.

•
Easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface) allows for easy (and fun) customization of any aircraft

•
Saves aircraft automatically

•
Built using the Accu-Sim sound system, which is the most powerful sound system available and is already used safely on thousands of FSX installations

•
Ground physics for both on and off pavement for both tricycle and tail dragger airframes bucks your airplane around, making just taxiing a quality experience

•
Dynamic tire screeching and rub sounds tied into the physics of each tire, which makes every landing not just feel different, but sound different. You have more feel for exactly how well you are controlling your aircraft, both big and small.

•
Runway / pavement seams send dynamic jolts through your airframe that you can both feel and hear

•
Physics-driven sound system

•
Cabin sounds from an old classic planes (bag of bolts) to the more modern, stronger pressurized tube liners, both on the ground and in the air

•
Dynamic wind gives a strong sense of how your aircraft is flying, giving feel to everything from a glider to a commercial airliner

•
Fuselage drag rumble is dynamically created, recreating the dropping of flaps, gear, or high pressures developed when approaching an airframe's Vne (Never Exceed Speed). Both IAS and Mach limits are simulated

•
Stall buffet and sounds creep in before the airplane stalls, giving you better feel and control of the aircraft while flying “on the edge”

•
Brake squeals and vibrations

•
Open ****pit experience, which allows you to hear the suction of the wind, deep wind, propeller, or turbojet whine when opening a canopy or door

$14.99

http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/...67a9e7cc28f468

EVGA Intel X58
Old 02-26-12, 02:34 PM   #3107
CoSWill

That is some good stuff. I think I will pick that up along with the P-47, P-40 and B-17.

Thanks for the heads up.
CoSWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 06:33 PM   #3108
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA06 View Post
Huge congrats to Steve aka Gizmo, for getting Shade to retail... quite an achievement.

A few shots showing the beauty it adds to FSX... now go buy it!

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...cn1n0gefd1v4a1

Looks very nice but in videos on youtube it seems like the mountian snow tops are turned greyish.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote