Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-17-07, 07:02 PM   #373
m3dude

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
You're telling me that things like this don't even come close to AC6?

That's not even utilizing the highest texture resolutions the engine can use.
is that an in game screen or just a picture of a texture?
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-07, 07:02 PM   #374
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Whats coming next? Halo 3 looks better than Crysis?
no halo 3 looks pretty crappy for a 2nd gen 360 game
Old 07-17-07, 07:14 PM   #375
Sabadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
is that an in game screen or just a picture of a texture?
In game, just a bit of compression to keep image size down. Almost every building you see in that picture is a 3d object not just part of the texture.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-07, 07:19 PM   #376
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
In game, just a bit of compression to keep image size down. Almost every building you see in that picture is a 3d object not just part of the texture.
that one looks good, but i browsed thru this entire thread, and pretty much all of them look bad
Old 07-18-07, 04:33 AM   #377
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
no halo 3 looks pretty crappy for a 2nd gen 360 game
Wow... there is actually something that we agree with.

Seriously, I still don´t know how you got the idea to compare FSX with AC6 because both are so different and share absolutely nothing well except that they both have airplanes. AC6 is nothing but an arcade shooter with nice military jets.

FSX is a complex full scale simulation that renders the whole planet with a proper day/night/timezone/season cycle and even correct star constallations. It has a sophisticated weather system that can cause wind drift on airplanes from all directions. FSX has 10.000s of properly modelled airports that are correctly aligned just like in real life. You fly realistically by GPS, IFR, VFR and the ATC system/AI is very authentic. Even the default textures are so good and realistic that I have found my favorite small country roads that I like to speed on and it was a blast to fly in a low altitude with a Bell and see that 95% of all corners were spot on and that over a distance of 40 miles.

There is a lot going on in FSX that you don´t see but that needs a lot of processing power. Like I said before, the only thing that can be compared are the airplanes (igoring the fact that FSX has civilian airplanes, and AC6 military ones) and the FSX airplanes pwn AC6 airplanes when it comes to realism and detail and I don´t think I need to mention payware airplanes which put even the impressive default FSX ones to shame.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 11:59 AM   #378
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

+1
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 03:30 PM   #379
Jonelo

About AC6 in the most important web site in spanish lenguaje

http://www.meristation.com/v3/des_av...=art&c=1&pos=2

Quote:
Con la llegada de la nueva generación esperábamos un mayor realismo en los edificios y otras texturas, pero la realidad es bien distinta. Todos los elementos ‘secundarios’ quedan a años luz de lo que anteriormente comentábamos, muchas veces es difícil saber exactamente hacia dónde disparar si nuestro objetivo es un tanque o un convoy.
My bad traslation

With the arrival of the new generation we waited for a greater realism in the buildings and other textures, but the reality is well different. All the "secondary elements " have a some years-lights of distance of this , often it is difficult to exactly know how towards where to shoot if our objective is a tank or a convoy.
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 05:01 PM   #380
Revo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
The SR-71 came from Alphasim.
http://www.alphasim.co.uk/

They have shots of the panel and stuff on their site. Its a pretty sweet plane, but you have to fly it the way it wants to be flown. For example the engines flame out if the angle of attack is to high at the higher speeds.

When you pass through Mach 1.6, when the shock cones/ramjet kicks in, its simply amazing how fast it accelerates. Its insane really. The flight model is such that it can be flown by its actuall operating parameters and all the performance and time to climb numbers are right on.

That is fricken incredible. I'll hav2 ck that website out, wud luv 2 fly the Black Bird at Mach 3++++ tnx SE
ATI RADEON 1400
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-07, 11:13 PM   #381
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Nope, all you can do is fly around. Alphasim aircraft are very basic, they have a good external model and they are fun to fly, but thats about it. The virtual ****pits are very basic with none of the flight systems, radar, or weapons systems modeled.

Personally I don't buy from alphasim since they charge $30-$40 for such basic stuff. For that price other developers make stuff that not only has an awesome external model, but superior flight models, an awesome virtual ****pit, and every system in the aircraft is modeled. I only bought this one becuase righyt now nobody else makes any decent choppers for FSX, though they are on the way.
Do you play Lockon? The Black Shark add-on is looking really great.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 11:25 PM   #382
Revo1

Who has the best payware aircraft? I like the military jets and experimental aircraft.
ATI RADEON 1400
Old 07-19-07, 11:41 PM   #383
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1
Who has the best payware aircraft? I like the military jets and experimental aircraft.
Lockon add-on's are like expansions as they add new aircrafts as well as new compaigns.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-07, 12:35 AM   #384
Revo1

Do any of you design your own aircraft? If so what program do you use? I was looking at Abacus FSD guess they have a new version coming out soon. I have GMAX but kind of a pain in the but to learn. I'm looking for something that has all the basics like diffrent types of wings, wheels etc and then wud give you sev options on types of power plants. I'd really like to design an experimental aircraft of my own then see if it fly's.
ATI RADEON 1400