Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-27-07, 05:13 AM   #397
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

This is actually FS9, but still cool. The A-10 should be out for FSX soon.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-27-07, 05:16 AM   #398
sillyeagle
sillyego

3000hp Griffon engine Spitfire.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-27-07, 05:21 AM   #399
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

FS9 is still capable of looking stunning [that Spit looks awsome sillyeagle] - with the advantage of being able to crank-up the visuals to the max and still return fluid frames.

Revo1 they are pleny of people suffering from stutters on a wide range of hardware - I'm not sure if your runnning SP1 but try if your not. Also check some of the dedicated flight sim forums like the ones at www.avsim.com you will find long posts on stutters and blurries.

I don't think there a single fix but you might find something that will help.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-07, 08:29 PM   #400
fLYbOY

SJA06 , I've been thinking about getting this scenery for a while now. How well do the default airports integrate into the scenery ?. And I understand that you loose deafult autogen scenery such as buildings and trees ?. How does this affect the ' feel ' of the FSX environment ?.
fLYbOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-07, 05:02 AM   #401
sillyeagle
sillyego

Hawaii photo scenery.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-28-07, 02:21 PM   #402
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fLYbOY
SJA06 , I've been thinking about getting this scenery for a while now. How well do the default airports integrate into the scenery ?. And I understand that you loose deafult autogen scenery such as buildings and trees ?. How does this affect the ' feel ' of the FSX environment ?.
The default airports integrate reasonably well - there are two issues you'll encounter - one is elevation changes between the default mesh and the 5m mesh causes low cliffs around part of the airport perimeter and the other issue is you'll sometimes see 'ghost' runways where the MS airports are not positioned correctly and you see the real photo version as well.

However UK2000 are in the process of releasing a large number of airports that remove these issues and add accurate buildings etc - there are also some people on the Horizon forums who have released a number of improved airfields.

The lack of Autogen is not an issue for me, above 500feet the detail is so good you'll not miss it...BUT if you do, not only is there a mass of FS9 Autogen that work perfectly in FSX, but Horizon is working on releasing full custom Autogen for the whole country.

I say get it, without question...it only adds to the experience as you are flying over real countryside with terrain elevation data that matches exactly what I see out of my window.

Take a look at the Horizon screenshot thread http://www.horizonsimulation.com/for...e700a1a4ec422c

This shows a default airfield over the scenery, the cliffs a not too visible. Plus two other to show the amazing clarity of the Horizon scenery.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-07, 06:37 PM   #403
sillyeagle
sillyego

B-25 Mitchell from maam.org. Also comes in a bare metal version.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 07-31-07, 05:26 PM   #404
Lith1um

Nice freeware TBM 700

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthread...=1#Post2271341
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-07, 11:08 PM   #405
breathemetal
*BANNED*

Send a message via AIM to breathemetal

Two problems, need help:

1) In FSX, when im flying in fullscreen or windowed, when i hit ALT and go up to any option, to switch planes or change weather....it freaks out! It just goes in and out of the game and to the desktop over and over and over and I have to close the game out with ctrl+alt+del. help? anyone hear of this? it's really annoying. to switch a plane or change weather I have to end flight.

2)Sometimes fullscreen mode doesnt work right. if im in windowed, and i hit alt enter to go to fullscreen, it crashes. any ideas?
breathemetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-07, 10:35 PM   #406
sillyeagle
sillyego

The latest from Phil Taylor on FSX-SP2(DX10). See the link for the full write up and screens.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archiv...wednesday.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor
We have a set of fixes that we want to widely deliver, and that means installing on XP and Vista, for DX9 and DX10. So with that being the case, the name FSX-DX10 isnít accurate and we are now calling the release FSX-SP2(DX10) to indicate that while DX10 is the main feature, this is really SP2.

Here are 2 screenshots, DX9 and DX10 to show what the 2 pipelines look like side by side. Do you see a difference? Hint, look at the top left. Yes, ta-da, that is correct. DX10 is running faster than DX9. By 17% or so. So see, there is proof that DX10 might actually be ok.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 08-08-07, 10:46 PM   #407
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
The latest from Phil Taylor on FSX-SP2(DX10). See the link for the full write up and screens.

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archiv...wednesday.aspx
I don't know about that screenshot comparison....the "DX10" one definately has a lower setting for random generated scenery. Just flip between the 2 and you'll see it. Way less trees everywhere. And why are they running it at such low settings? Low res and no antialiasing?
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-07, 12:08 AM   #408
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314
I don't know about that screenshot comparison....the "DX10" one definately has a lower setting for random generated scenery. Just flip between the 2 and you'll see it. Way less trees everywhere. And why are they running it at such low settings? Low res and no antialiasing?
Wouldn't surprise me. SP1 has a good 30-40% less autogen at any given setting than Pre-SP1 FSX, which would certainly account for a chunk of the performance boost.

As to the low settings, those are just work in progress shots and not promo shots, so all he is doing is showing that the pipeline is up under DX10. He doesn't care if it looks pretty. The shots from his previous post didn't even have textures.

These shots below show the autogen difference with SP1 applied, which are using identical settings, and I repeated the test three times to eliminate autogen variance. The same trend is seen using any of the autogen settings, although I used "dense" for this test.

Pre-SP1

Post SP1

Pre-SP1

Post SP1
EVGA Intel X58