Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-12-07, 07:32 PM   #421
Lith1um

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Thread

Yeah, I've been waiting for that H1. I dl'ed a freeware version from another author, but it had some issues. The idle sounds were pretty cool though.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 09:57 PM   #422
BirdDog Pilot

I stumbled on this thread by accident. Was actually searching google for crysis info and was taken to the new MP Crysis thread. I hadn't actually been to these forums, so I decided to take a look around. Boy am I glad I did.

This thread is loaded with great FSX information. More so than any other site I have been too including dedicated Simming sites. Bravo, now I have some reading to catch up on.

First post on here but looking to keep up with the conversations from this point on.

Later
BirdDog Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 11:08 PM   #423
Bearclaw

Welcome!
Old 09-12-07, 11:34 PM   #424
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDog Pilot
I stumbled on this thread by accident. Was actually searching google for crysis info and was taken to the new MP Crysis thread. I hadn't actually been to these forums, so I decided to take a look around. Boy am I glad I did.

This thread is loaded with great FSX information. More so than any other site I have been too including dedicated Simming sites. Bravo, now I have some reading to catch up on.

First post on here but looking to keep up with the conversations from this point on.

Later
welcome to the site
Old 09-13-07, 04:18 AM   #425
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Here you go BirdDog Pilot some screens of me being a Bird Dog Pilot ... a bit of a slow old rattler but great for a slow VFR flight in the Welsh mountains.

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-07, 08:40 AM   #426
BirdDog Pilot

Nice Pictures! Wish there was detailed Scenery like that for Saskatchewan, Canada.

We use Beech Baron 55's for Bird Dogging in Saskatchewan.

Looking foreward to some of the future releases that I have seen on the past few pages. Going to have to start saving right now.

P.S. What does everyone use for joystick controls? I'm thinking a HOTAS with rudder pedals would be a great option in the future. What does everyone use? What about TrackIR? Does that work well with FSX?
Old 09-13-07, 11:18 AM   #427
Lith1um

Saitek makes some great affordable flight gear.

I have their x52 hotas and it's very nice. They just released a flight yoke/throttle quadrant which looks tempting.

http://saitekusa.com/usa/prod/proflight.htm

TrackIR is indespensible for me. I couldn't enjoy sims without it. It works incredibly well in FSX. You can even lean your head out the window/door and look at the side of your aircraft, or lean down and look under the dashboard or around controls. Awesome piece of gear, everyone loves it except maybe [T]ardOcp. Their tir review was an absolute farce.
Old 09-13-07, 11:37 AM   #428
agentkay

^^^ Totally agree with you! TIR makes also landing approaches a lot easier and it feels very natural.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-13-07, 05:57 PM   #429
sillyeagle
sillyego

I don't use anything fancy, just a MS Sindewinder II joystick with twist grip rudder and throttle slider.

When I saw that "bird dog" plane for some reason I thought it would be funny to paint it up with a dogs face on it, where the engine area is his snout with a black nose on the end, and make it so the wings are his ears all stretched out like he's flying around!!! lol

I don't know what bird dogging is though.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 09-13-07, 10:07 PM   #430
BirdDog Pilot

I'll have to recommend that for our nex repaint. LOL. A Bird Dog is a plane used in Aerial Fire Attack. They are responsable for Air Traffic control over a fire as well as what method of attack is to be used on the fire.

The water bombers always stay relatively low to the ground with the Bird Dog up above. They will often give lead ins to the drop zone and also assess drops from above.
Old 09-14-07, 11:16 AM   #431
Lith1um

The Cessna 0-1 "Bird Dog"

http://www.nzwarbirds.org.nz/doga.html

This thing has served in conlficts from WW2 to Vietnam as an aerial observation platform, hense the designation "O" in O-1.
Old 09-14-07, 01:29 PM   #432
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith1um
The Cessna 0-1 "Bird Dog"

http://www.nzwarbirds.org.nz/doga.html

This thing has served in conlficts from WW2 to Vietnam as an aerial observation platform, hense the designation "O" in O-1.

You can grab it here in various flavors.
http://www.maxtac.it/inglese/F_News_en.htm
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote