Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-16-07, 01:15 PM   #589
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Drab ground textures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abren
Hi all,
I just started playing Flight sim x and wasnt very impressed with what I saw.
I am having issues with the Ground which looks like a crayon board and the ground texture and detail disturbs me a bit.
I am using Core 2duo E6600 2.66,4Gigs Ram at 800 mhz,8800gtx,Win Xp/Vista,Raptor 80Gig + 250gb seagate.
WHat can i do to improve the graphics and also how do i take a scrrenie to show here.
Thanks
I think 'v' takes screenshots within FSX, though I'm not sure where they save to. Otherwise you can press Print Screen, then paste the image into MS Paint. After that save it as a Jpeg and upload it.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-16-07, 01:18 PM   #590
Bearclaw

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
Well i use fraps for my screen grabs

One thing i will say is make sure you defrag(using a proper defrag utillity i use O&O complete/name) after you install fsx+sp1

If you can post a few screen shots of your issues we can see if you have the very common FSX blurries or if like many other ppl you just think the default FSX ground textures suck (which quite a few of them do)

i have to say FSX is the worst sim or game ive ever had to tweak to find that gfx vs frame rate sweet spot

it almost felt like a beta when it was release and sp1 added as many problems as it fixed i just hope sp2 manages to fix what they broke in sp1 (blurries skippy water ect ect)
QFT. It took my defrag 3 hours to go through the whole game after it installed.
Old 10-16-07, 04:01 PM   #591
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

FSX with FEX and GenX - in a bit of a storm.

I defragged after each volume of GenX and that took an hour each, about as long as the install worth it though as it reallt does haelp to reduce stutters.

P.S The V key saves to 'My Pictures'
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 05:04 PM   #592
Lith1um

Try setting the FPS slider to 20 fps and see if it effects the blurries.

Some people have no problem running unlocked, for other it causes blurries.

nVidia posted some suggested settings,

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_fsx_techtips.html
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-07, 06:33 PM   #593
Bearclaw

@SJA06

Awesome screenshots man. That plane looks amazing.
Old 10-16-07, 07:38 PM   #594
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Great shots SJA06

I got FEX myself the other week and i have to say it adds so much to FSX
i have to pinch myself almost every flight it looks so good,i cant wait for the weather engine upgrade

Any one got any feedback on the aircraft from carenado ?

The Cessna U206G Stationair 6 II looks pretty sexy

as does the Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Cheers
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 02:24 AM   #595
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Some folks on the Horizon forum have the Cessna U206G and speak very highly of it - it does look like a great model and would like it myself.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 08:41 AM   #596
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Dam i think FEX just got owned

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums...owtopic=128722

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums...owtopic=129098
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-07, 09:49 AM   #597
hapooh

Freeware vs payware....

I just paid $30 at abacus for the A-10 Combat Force and except for the A-10 model the missions are absolute junk. I feel like I got ripped off. So I wanted to try the freeware from avsim and flightsim.com... etc. and I downloaded about 10 different freeware aircraft addins and they too weren't good.

Any good suggestions where I can find accurate flight models specifically military aircraft l( F-16 , F-18... F-104) to download? I also want to have fully working ****pit gauges etc..

I'm willing to pay reasonable price for it but I'm new and would like experienced feedback.

Thanks.
hapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-07, 01:27 PM   #598
sillyeagle
sillyego

Amazing. Thats the best one yet from what I can see.

I had the chance to test Active Sky Graphics, and I don't like anyhting about it... I don't like the sky colors, the water textures, or anything else except for the high resolution clouds.

Maybe its just me but I think the default FSX sky blue and water colors are just so beautiful and pleasing to my eyes, and I cannot find anything in ASG thats matches those vibrant colors.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-17-07, 02:22 PM   #599
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapooh
Freeware vs payware....

I just paid $30 at abacus for the A-10 Combat Force and except for the A-10 model the missions are absolute junk. I feel like I got ripped off. So I wanted to try the freeware from avsim and flightsim.com... etc. and I downloaded about 10 different freeware aircraft addins and they too weren't good.

Any good suggestions where I can find accurate flight models specifically military aircraft l( F-16 , F-18... F-104) to download? I also want to have fully working ****pit gauges etc..

I'm willing to pay reasonable price for it but I'm new and would like experienced feedback.

Thanks.
Unfortunantly there is not much out there right now for good military payware, unless you want to buy from Alphasim or Iris, and in my opinion they make freeware quality stuff and charge $30-$40 for it. Their flight models and VC's are garbage compared to a high quality developer. Fortunatly there is some really nice stuff on the horizon though.

There is an awesome F/A-18 to be released on Oct 23rd with the FSX expansion pack:

Aerosofts F-16 is in Beta right now, and hopefully will be out out in a couple of months:

Otherwise I have made tons of military freeware and payware recommendations in this thread, with screen shots and location where you can download. If you like the B-52 for example, check this page.

I know there is a nice freeware F-14 available for FSX, but its not at avsim. Simviation and Surclaro have lots of military jets, and you can find the FSX F-14 at these places.

If I get more time I'll see if I can find the good ones and point them out, but I havn't really used freeware in a long time, since payware is so much better.

You best bet is to get the FSX expansion pack next week, as it will not only have the best military jet to date for FSX, but also the best P-51 and chopper to date, all for $30, which is cheaper than a lot of single aircraft addons.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 10-17-07, 07:21 PM   #600
hapooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Unfortunantly there is not much out there right now for good military payware, unless you want to buy from Alphasim or Iris, and in my opinion they make freeware quality stuff and charge $30-$40 for it. Their flight models and VC's are garbage compared to a high quality developer. Fortunatly there is some really nice stuff on the horizon though.

There is an awesome F/A-18 to be released on Oct 23rd with the FSX expansion pack:

Aerosofts F-16 is in Beta right now, and hopefully will be out out in a couple of months:

Otherwise I have made tons of military freeware and payware recommendations in this thread, with screen shots and location where you can download. If you like the B-52 for example, check this page.

I know there is a nice freeware F-14 available for FSX, but its not at avsim. Simviation and Surclaro have lots of military jets, and you can find the FSX F-14 at these places.

If I get more time I'll see if I can find the good ones and point them out, but I havn't really used freeware in a long time, since payware is so much better.

You best bet is to get the FSX expansion pack next week, as it will not only have the best military jet to date for FSX, but also the best P-51 and chopper to date, all for $30, which is cheaper than a lot of single aircraft addons.
Thanks SillyEagle for the feedback that was kind to point out a few links... I 'll try them. Also, I did some research and more reading in the FSX Acceleration thread, and it seems like this is the best addon for me. Thanks again for the recommendations.
hapooh is offline   Reply With Quote