Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-08, 03:01 PM   #1165
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Did anyone buy the new MegaSceneryX Reno pack? Link
It's quite tempting isn't it? as it's so very cheap, esp. with the current dollar/pound rates here in the UK...but it does look a very parched and barren area, and it's a real shame Lake Tahoe is cut in half, so I just don't know how interesting an area I would find it fly around.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 03:02 PM   #1166
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee
on the other hand I get artefacts on water surface with every 174.xx driver on my System.

Give 174.93 a look as they cleared up all the water artefacts ihad with other 174.xx driver as well as the random Nvlddmkm stopped responding error i was seeing with every other driver under DX10 in FSX

btw if you overclock theres no rivatuner support for 174.93 atm but its coming soon i read
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 03:13 PM   #1167
Bearclaw

Ya, I don't have TIR but it looks amazing.
Old 04-19-08, 06:39 PM   #1168
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Seriously, the Nvlddmkm is gone with that set? Man, that would be great! Have to try the .93 next week!
Well i just got off of a 2 hour tour of taz's south westen lakes and no Nvlddmkm once!

Still have popping coulds and clipping runways but those i can live with if i can atleast fly

Heres a few shots i collected on the way (EZ long's custom skin is my own WIP)

Old 04-19-08, 07:09 PM   #1169
Bearclaw

I am on a flight from Chicago --> Heathrow... and I am kind of low on fuel. I probably won't make it, lol.
Old 04-20-08, 05:34 AM   #1170
NuBee
NuBee

Quote:
omzig Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBee
on the other hand I get artefacts on water surface with every 174.xx driver on my System.

Give 174.93 a look as they cleared up all the water artefacts ihad with other 174.xx driver as well as the random Nvlddmkm stopped responding error i was seeing with every other driver under DX10 in FSX

btw if you overclock theres no rivatuner support for 174.93 atm but its coming soon i read
Thanks omzig, 174.93 works (even SLI), water artefacts are gone, here it is:

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:00 AM.
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 10:57 AM   #1171
Lith1um

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
talking of DX10 preview go jump in on this thread i started at AVsim (philT is partaking in it) so we can get to the bottom of these DX10 problems
Giz, it seems like that thread had about as much wind as one of my 98 yr old grandmother's farts.

Both ATI users and Nvidia users have been proven to suffer the flashing taxiways under DX10. It looks more and more like the problem actualy belongs to ACES. They seem to think that FSX DX10 was some kind of unsupported free extra that they generously bestowed upon us, and not a product feature that was hyped from the beginning and that we paid for.

It's obvious that Microsoft has abandonded FSX. Acceleration was released in Oct., which means we have been patiently waiting for a fix for over 6 months. Basically they dropped a defective product on us, (after much hype), then abandonded it without fully fixing it. Instead, they've moved on to the next release and another chance at digging in our pockets.

IMO it's time for the betrayal to receive the publicity it deserves. Anyone have any idea on how to go about it? Maybe a nice article on a preeminent site?

Really, I'm inclined to form a class action lawsuit. I'm no where near being a litigious person, but I'm tired of someone pissing down my back and telling me it's raining. It's perfectly appearent that FSX users are on their own, with no clear advocate.

ACES points the finger that way towards the graphic vendors --> END USER SITTING IN MIDDLE <-- ATI/Nvidia play deaf, mute, and blind.

Well, on second thought, I may actualy owe nvidia an apology. For months they've been taking heat for a bug which might not even be their's.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 03:36 AM   #1172
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Maybe time to try 'X-Plane 9' Lith1um ... it actually looks pretty good now, and of course the flight dynamics are second to none. Not that X-P has been without it's problems too, but they do seem to get sorted out.

It's always seemed bloody obvious to me that the issues with SP2 are issues with SP2 and not graphics card drivers - 'teflon' Phil begs to differ though.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-08, 07:48 AM   #1173
omzig
Comfortably Numb

A tweak for those time when you just cant find your airport

http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.p...irport%20names
Old 04-21-08, 08:24 AM   #1174
omzig
Comfortably Numb

HAHAHA seem ive been bannd from posting at AVsim....looks like they didnt like me having a go at Aces & the bullet dogging PhilT over this DX10 problem man those guys are a bunch of brown nosing SOB's
Old 04-21-08, 10:41 AM   #1175
Lith1um

So that makes one for Silly, one for Giz.

I guess I'll probably be next.

/And now a word from our FSX spokesman,
Quote:
"There are no rendering bugs, you have been lied to. Return to your homes or places of business before harsh civil penalties are dealt.

"The yellow liquid running down the back of your neck is only rain. "

"In the event of an actual emergency, we will distribute condoms."
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-08, 11:39 AM   #1176
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith1um
So that makes one for Silly, one for Giz.

I guess I'll probably be next.

/And now a word from our FSX spokesman,
Seriously, did they not bother taking off from airports when they were testing the "DX10 preview"?

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote