Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-21-08, 09:52 PM   #1177
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
HAHAHA seem ive been bannd from posting at AVsim....looks like they didnt like me having a go at Aces & the bullet dogging PhilT over this DX10 problem man those guys are a bunch of brown nosing SOB's
Oh man. Avsim's a bit of a joke. They're banning people left and right these days. Can't even have an opinion anymore it seems.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-24-08, 07:57 PM   #1178
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Oh man. Avsim's a bit of a joke. They're banning people left and right these days. Can't even have an opinion anymore it seems.
Yep i think there just a bunch of brown nose'ers,there not really interested in having anyone leveling criticism at Aces and getting the problems addressed,there just interested in have an FS celebrity on there boards...9 times out of 10 the crap PhilT comes out with is just bullet dodging & double talk never have i seen him answer a direct question even if its a simple yes or no,maybe he should become a politician

I've been away from FSX for a few weeks catching up on my other game's(R6V2,AC)but there are a few new addon's im gonna pop for in the next few days

New Trees these look great in the preview shots,Alphasim GeeBee there stuff is getting better(still no realair ) and i always liked the Geebee's,i also like the look of the remaster FlyTampa-St.Maarten for FSX

anyone popped for any of these yet?

Laters
Gizmo
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-08, 09:23 PM   #1179
sillyeagle
sillyego

Wow those new trees look totally awesome, but for nearly $30 I'll have to pass on them. That GeeBee look pretty cool too, and its got a better power to weight ratio than I've ever seen in a piston engine aircraft. Looks like it will even outperform a Griffon engine Spitfire in a low altitude climb.

EDIT: Some of those texture packs on sim market look like a total scam, such as those by Aero-files. Looks like somebody just trying to cash in with garbage products at a premium price, though the trees you pointed out look really sweet. The Aero-files trees look worse than defaults.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-24-08, 10:13 PM   #1180
Bearclaw

Does anyone have the glitch issue with the weather? When it is nice out, the ****pit panel shows up fine, but when the weather gets bad, or in certain situation, it flashes on and off and usually goes off completely for a while. If I go to spot view, I get the same view, I can't see the plane. (It's not because of the weather, it simply isn't there).

Here is an image with the weather, and with the ****pit panel flashing on and off. The weather isn't even that bad but it happens whenever any weather is present.
Old 04-25-08, 08:41 AM   #1181
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Wow those new trees look totally awesome, but for nearly $30 I'll have to pass on them. That GeeBee look pretty cool too, and its got a better power to weight ratio than I've ever seen in a piston engine aircraft. Looks like it will even outperform a Griffon engine Spitfire in a low altitude climb.

EDIT: Some of those texture packs on sim market look like a total scam, such as those by Aero-files. Looks like somebody just trying to cash in with garbage products at a premium price, though the trees you pointed out look really sweet. The Aero-files trees look worse than defaults.

Agreed sillyeagle some of those Aero-Files packs are really crappy low res rubbish,theres much better freware floating around,but those SAMOSHIN trees even though that are expensive do look real nice & i do spend a lot of my time in FSX over forested area's so i think they'll be worth it if there as good in motion as they look in the screen caps

i got the geebee and will post some screen shots later on for you guys to check out its a funky little plane and has masses of power but its a bitch to land!

laters
gizmo
Old 04-25-08, 05:57 PM   #1182
Lith1um

I've always thought the GeeBee was a cool bird. That and the hughes H1 racer.
Lith1um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-08, 06:37 PM   #1183
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Ok as Promised a few screenshots of the Gee Bee! (i was testing AA lvl's when i grabbed this so some maybe more AA'ed than others)

Red and white skin is the default AS skin but the black and yellow is a custom reskin ive been making this evening

Its a funky little plane and the best thing AS have ever released IMO its very nippy and quite responsive but its a nightmare to land!

laters
Gizmo
Old 04-25-08, 10:12 PM   #1184
sillyeagle
sillyego

I might try the GeeBee when I get home. I'm not really an Alphasim fan but I do like and fly thier Saber quite a bit, and this one looks pretty fun with a decent VC.

Despite the price I'm also tempted to get those trees, as I'm sure they will add quite a bit being I fly almost exlusively in mountains and in nature scenery. I bet it would make vancouver+ look really neat as well as the area seen below, which is a favorite spot of mine. If you get the trees before me please post some pics in to aid my decision.

These shots were posted previously I beleive. If you want to fly here take off from Dundee UK and head NW over the small hills. I used to use GEX but those textures make this area look like crap as it creates lots of mismatch textures and the ones that are used here do not look at pretty as the defaults, so I removed the whole product.

EVGA Intel X58

Old 04-26-08, 02:40 AM   #1185
yxx

some from fly tampa..........st. maarten, st. barts. not bad addon. airports are done well....i thought maybe the rest of the scenery would be a bit more detailed like the airports. but all in all not bad. it was fun hopping from st. maarten to st.barts then to saba. the st.maarten entering runway 9 is really detailed and fun. these are 1600x1200.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fsx 2008-04-25 22-45-39-48.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	31189Click image for larger version

Name:	fsx 2008-04-25 22-57-49-46.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	31193Click image for larger version

Name:	fsx 2008-04-25 22-47-23-92.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	31191
Click image for larger version

Name:	fsx 2008-04-25 22-46-58-67.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	31190Click image for larger version

Name:	fsx 2008-04-25 22-48-10-90.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	31192
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-08, 04:47 AM   #1186
sillyeagle
sillyego

Does the rest of the island look better than default? I was pretty impressed with the default, which has its own photoscenery I beleive.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-26-08, 07:03 AM   #1187
sillyeagle
sillyego

The P-40 holds up pretty good against the Spitfire. Its definitly got an element or two that I like better.

EVGA Intel X58
Old 04-26-08, 02:33 PM   #1188
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
DX10 is finally stable with the 174.93, I hope it stays that way with upcoming drivers!
But DX10 is a bit on the blurry side compared to DX0 IMO...
Great shots slaWter As always!

I also began to noticed the blurries had snuck up on me while running under 174.93 that as well as around a 10 fps hit in heavy autogen area's ive jumped back to 169.44 made no changes and my blurries are gone and my fps are back to what they where....typical Nv fix one thing break two others....

My Gee Bee reskin is up for download if anyone is intrested its just over 5mb see the in zip read me for usage

I got the tree's addon coming down but my line is super slow tonight (BT need to get there **** together and get the UK fibered top to bottom) so i might not get chance to play with it till midday tomorrow

So silly if you have any area's you like me to check out for coverage just grab a save while inflight and throw it up here so i can dl it and grab some shots of the area

Laters
Gizmo