Default Re: Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

zombies are really annoying
Old 11-01-06, 12:22 AM   #146
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyeagle
Man I can't believe some of those reviews. For being one of the coolest looking games yet I simply cannot believe 1UP said this is the worst the Source engine has ever looked. I think they need thier heads examined for that comment.

I think I'm on chapter 9 now (just went through the "oblivion" style gate portal) and my guy is super powerful. I can kill any of the armored guards with one blow, even the new guards that I just started seeing on this level. Pretty sweet, but I hope some tuffer guys come along...
Unfortunately, they will not get any tougher.

I agree about 1UP. This game looks fantastic. I love the exaggerated HDR. It really gives it a style of it's own. Exactly what Arkane wanted (Watch the bonus DVD).
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-06, 12:37 AM   #147
sillyeagle
sillyego

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Unfortunately, they will not get any tougher.

I agree about 1UP. This game looks fantastic. I love the exaggerated HDR. It really gives it a style of it's own. Exactly what Arkane wanted (Watch the bonus DVD).
I'd love to watch it, but they didn't have the limited edition where I bought it, so I guess I don't get too.
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-01-06, 12:40 AM   #148
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

upload the video somewhere
Old 11-01-06, 12:45 AM   #149
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
upload the video somewhere
I dunno. You guys should have really bought the Collectors Edition. Ubisoft will be very mad if I uploaded their videos for free. (pirate)
Old 11-01-06, 03:17 AM   #150
sillyeagle
sillyego

Anybody have a favorite attack/death method? I'm really drawn to the left(a) power attack. The way it looks its just sweet. The visual representation of how he draws the blade back with the hand positioning is awesome to me, not to mention the power portrayed in the strike, and for some reason it seems to be the most powerful attack I have.

I find my self using the left power attack as often as possible, mixing in a few others just for my own visual entertainment.

I don't like using the enviornment as much as I do my blade. (pirate)

One thing about games is that they are what you make them. If you put your self in the role and play like you are there, the game is so much more, rather than going through mechanically like you do in competition gaming, where you allow no room for imagination in your mind as you can't having any of that affecting your superior mastery of input feeding off output all the while knowing the game design in and out.

People these days tend to rely on the graphics to take them in, where back in the day when we were kids you could have a hardly distinguishable character, but never the less, you are in the game. Its a lot harder these days to allow my imagination to come forth, and get my mind to stop analysing the game design and graphics.

Too many people ruine thier game experiences because they cannot get off thier mind trip of analysing thier experience, rather than just enjoying what they have. When we were kids we enjoyed all the games we had, there was none of the bitching and complaining we have now about how incompetent the developers are.

/rant
EVGA Intel X58
Old 11-01-06, 03:44 AM   #151
Capt. Picard

Quote:

Too many people ruine thier game experiences because they cannot get off thier mind trip of analysing thier experience, rather than just enjoying what they have. When we were kids we enjoyed all the games we had, there was none of the bitching and complaining we have now about how incompetent the developers are.

/rant
QFT

Back in the days of Police Quest 1 and all the other Quests, lets not forget Larry, a handful of pixels made up the character. But we loved it.
Old 11-01-06, 09:22 PM   #152
russ_3d
museikal rtisdt

Quote:
Anybody have a favorite attack/death method? I'm really drawn to the left(a) power attack.
me too, its way cool smacking em with that move. - the way you can take out a whole room full of people in a few seconds is wicked

other favourite is positioning the ice patches in funny places and watch as a train of orcs goes flying off the edges of cliffs and into spikes.

shame they didnt have a pickup/throw goblin feature.

also, is there other ways to kill the bosses, such as the dragon? i trapped in doorway 1st, shot with giant crossbow the 2nd time.
russ_3d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-01-06, 09:44 PM   #153
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_3d
also, is there other ways to kill the bosses, such as the dragon? i trapped in doorway 1st, shot with giant crossbow the 2nd time.
I think they are the only ways to kill the dragons... What I wanna know is there other ways to kill the cyclops? Though I find them the easiest of all foes. Simply stand where he can't reach and shot arrows at his eye. If he moves away get closer and draw him over again and move out of reach again.

I find one of the best things about this game is the way they captured the movement. My gf was watching during the rooftop chase and she said it was one of the coolest things she has seen in all my games. Just the movement and sense of weight and speed.
Old 11-01-06, 10:14 PM   #154
russ_3d
museikal rtisdt

stand underneath the cyclops and slice his face up. then when he groans and bends down, power up and stab him thru teh eyeball
Old 11-01-06, 10:27 PM   #155
crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_3d
stand underneath the cyclops and slice his face up. then when he groans and bends down, power up and stab him thru teh eyeball
Old 11-01-06, 10:56 PM   #156
russ_3d
museikal rtisdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger

<teh cyclops when he faces me. we dont make war, we make luuurrrvve