Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-27-06, 04:42 AM   #61
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

Well I went to Big W (Walmart) to see if they had broken AU release date like they usually do. They did. But while I was there a salesperson walked up and asked which game I was after. I said Dark Messiah. He said "Nah we wont get that, we only get the big name games like Sims 2."...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 04:46 AM   #62
Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Well I went to Big W (Walmart) to see if they had broken AU release date like they usually do. They did. But while I was there a salesperson walked up and asked which game I was after. I said Dark Messiah. He said "Nah we wont get that, we only get the big name games like Sims 2."...
hahahah
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 05:11 AM   #63
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
LoL! He didn't wink at you afterward, did he?
Old 10-27-06, 05:22 AM   #64
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1
LoL! He didn't wink at you afterward, did he?
No... He was deadly serious sadly. Poor kid, guess thats why he works at Big W and not EB.

Don't let this happen to you CaptN!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 06:06 AM   #65
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Gamespot crapped all over it with a 6.7.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/da...&click=topslot

Mainly due to how buggy it is and how thin the story is. Repetitive dialog and the combat system were said to be other issues.
Thats kinda disappointing, but Gamespot tends to always be the one site that craps all over a game that gets otherwise great scores everywhere else. Maybe they do it to stand out or something, I dont know.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 08:04 AM   #66
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

right now i must agree with gamespot, this game is one major bugfest.

keeps crashing or freezing, demo was much better.

hell its a source game, so what should i expect.
Old 10-27-06, 09:58 AM   #67
Becoming

I recorded about 20 mins of video with fraps last night by accident while playing and didn't even notice (the quickload key in the game is the same as fraps default record key). So I guess we are in fact playing different games, since mine is buttery smooth and I've still only had one ctd the entire time. I'm now on chapter 6.

I suppose that's par for the course though, since I read tons of feedback about bugs in games and beta video drivers and I can almost never reproduce them on any of the pc's I've had for the last 3 years. I'm either extremely lucky, or take better care of my systems than most people.

I'm not saying there aren't bugs, just that I've not really seen any.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 10:05 AM   #68
Ancient
Occasional User

I've had the stuttering bug occassionally but only when reloading a save a few times after getting wacked. Seems like it's a memory leak, or at least that's what might be causing my particular problem. Other than that it's been running smooth. Load times are 35 - 40 secs, not too bad.

I'm on the Epilogue level now moving in for the final battle (I guess it'll be the final one). Fun game. Kicking enemies over a ledge or into spikes, or taking body parts off with a power move, is a blast.

Old 10-27-06, 10:55 AM   #69
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
I recorded about 20 mins of video with fraps last night by accident while playing and didn't even notice (the quickload key in the game is the same as fraps default record key). So I guess we are in fact playing different games, since mine is buttery smooth and I've still only had one ctd the entire time. I'm now on chapter 6.

I suppose that's par for the course though, since I read tons of feedback about bugs in games and beta video drivers and I can almost never reproduce them on any of the pc's I've had for the last 3 years. I'm either extremely lucky, or take better care of my systems than most people.

I'm not saying there aren't bugs, just that I've not really seen any.
i got to chapter 2, so far i had about 3-4 crash to desktop, and about 4 times it frooze on load screen.

demo or mp beta not a single issue
Old 10-27-06, 11:05 AM   #70
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
Thats kinda disappointing, but Gamespot tends to always be the one site that craps all over a game that gets otherwise great scores everywhere else. Maybe they do it to stand out or something, I dont know.
The reason I like Gamespot is because they ARE tough on games, especially PC games. They usually take the game as a whole instead of trying to divy it up into graphics/game play/etc. They just look at the whole package quality and subtract points for bad stuff. I haven't had a chance to play this game outside of the demo, but based on my impressions of that I think the score is about right. It's not really a fair assessment, but I am willing to give the game another chance.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 11:34 AM   #71
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL

reason to the low rating could be due to the fact that the game is very buggy..you cannot say the game is great or anything when it has alot of annoying bugs..i got the game myself but i decided not to install it till a patch is out, i dont want to ruin the fun of the game..i really enjoyed the demo and i think this game would have had a higher raiting if it wasen't..so dam buggy..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-06, 12:57 PM   #72
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

do you remember King Kong the movie?

when they were on bottom of that canyon, fighting those giant insects, thats how this game feels.