Old 10-28-06, 03:34 PM   #97
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Dark Messiah Feedback Thread

MP been horrible from the start, i been saying that from the start also
Old 10-28-06, 04:56 PM   #98
|MaguS|

Man, I love the amount of tactics you can apply in this game. I found out that fighting Zombies is so much easier if you use your bow and aim for the head.

I think Im going to replay this game as a pure fighter type with no sneak or magic ability... will be tough seeing how little health potions are available (had to take the healing spell to make up for it).
Old 10-28-06, 06:22 PM   #99
Becoming

I haven't found health potions to be too lacking when you include food and magic mushrooms into the mix (I'm doing the warrior path basically). I'm on chapter 7 now I think and I haven't really had too many horridly low health moments, but I did find a regeneration ring also that I've been wearing for a couple chapters now.

Last edited by Becoming; 10-28-06 at 07:04 PM.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-06, 06:36 PM   #100
|MaguS|

Ok, I found one thing annoying... I keep finding the SAME gear all the time...

EDIT: Im at the last chapter now I believe, Still getting doubles of items I have already but I love the two major optionals you get in this game... makes it well worth the replay.

I also found the "Master Thief Armor" which has the letter "G" engraved on it, LOL!

Last edited by |MaguS|; 10-28-06 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-29-06, 12:16 PM   #101
loafer87gt

What the ehck did they do to the HL2 engine to make it run so poorly? I can run HL2 at 1920x1200 with all details maxed and get silky smooth framte rates, yet this game I have to run 1024x768 with medium details and it stills stutters like heck. I know my rig is far from top of the line, but I am really surprised at how poorly this game runs.

Dual 3.4 Xeons
2 Gig of Corsair C2 TwinX
BFG 6800 GT
loafer87gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-06, 01:31 PM   #102
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer87gt
What the ehck did they do to the HL2 engine to make it run so poorly? I can run HL2 at 1920x1200 with all details maxed and get silky smooth framte rates, yet this game I have to run 1024x768 with medium details and it stills stutters like heck. I know my rig is far from top of the line, but I am really surprised at how poorly this game runs.

Dual 3.4 Xeons
2 Gig of Corsair C2 TwinX
BFG 6800 GT
They added alot more detail (Texture resolution is nuts sometimes) and architecture. The game looks FAR better then HL2 plus it also adds HDR which is always a performance killer.
Old 10-29-06, 01:41 PM   #103
PeterJensen

I really like the MP. I think it is fun to defend the big castles
Old 10-29-06, 03:14 PM   #104
russ_3d
museikal rtisdt

brilliant game!

if you havent - play it as a mage/combat and get the ice spell. its hilarious!

ended up with a souldrinker/electric sheld combo - shield stuns 'em, then take their heads of with the sword

enjoying the multiple stories too

russ_3d is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-06, 07:44 AM   #105
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i need some help

i'm stuck in the orc temple. there is a gate that i can't get past. there is a bridge at end a gate, there were 4 goblins, which i killed. but how do i open that gate?
Old 10-30-06, 08:18 AM   #106
covertghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
i need some help

i'm stuck in the orc temple. there is a gate that i can't get past. there is a bridge at end a gate, there were 4 goblins, which i killed. but how do i open that gate?

You need to backtrack your way back to the Main hall where Leanna was. Once you talk with her you will be in for a surprise.
covertghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 08:20 AM   #107
covertghost

I'm on Chapter 5 where you drop through the floor and your in a nest of spiders. What is the best strategy for killing these guys. I'm currently pure warrior. I'm not sure if investing a point so I get fire would be any helpful. These guys are a real pain.
covertghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-06, 08:45 AM   #108
Ancient
Occasional User

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertghost
I'm on Chapter 5 where you drop through the floor and your in a nest of spiders. What is the best strategy for killing these guys. I'm currently pure warrior. I'm not sure if investing a point so I get fire would be any helpful. These guys are a real pain.
Fire is the best offense against spiders. Lightning works OK too. If you wait long enough you'll be able to forge a fire sword that'll take them out easily, but you'll have to battle a load of spiders before you get to that point.