Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-28-06, 02:54 AM   #1
Excaliber

Default Just installed nvidia driver and i cant change brightness and stuff... i could before

so i have installed FC6(for the search ill write also Fedora Core 6) and i run nvidia-settings and i get this:

as you can see i cant change the brightness\gamma\contrast.
i uses 9626 from livna rpm, but it also happend with the older one also from livna.

p.s
before the installtion of FC6 (i had FC5) and used livna i had this options... what should i do?
get back to FC5?
Excaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-06, 08:55 PM   #2
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Just installed nvidia driver and i cant change brightness and stuff... i could before

I don't believe that any version of nvidia-settings provided this functionality. Are you stating that it existed in an older NVIDIA driver version? If so, please post a screenshot.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-06, 09:08 PM   #3
Wolfman [TWP]
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

Default Re: Just installed nvidia driver and i cant change brightness and stuff... i could be

I have that ability with my 6800Ultra and now 7950GX2 cards on FC5. This screen shot was done with the 8776 Nvidia Drivers installed..

Click image for larger version

Name:	nvidia_server_settings_8776.png
Views:	242
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	21524

Wolf
Wolfman [TWP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-06, 09:10 PM   #4
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Just installed nvidia driver and i cant change brightness and stuff... i could before

The two screenshots that you posted are from different parts of nvidia-settings. Are you reporting that brightness, contrast & gamma are missing under X Server Color Correction?
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-06, 09:22 PM   #5
Wolfman [TWP]
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

Default Re: Just installed nvidia driver and i cant change brightness and stuff... i could be

If Excaliber was refering to being able to change the brightness, contrast & gamma in the display section.. The drivers never were able to do that. Only in the "X Server Color Correction" section. In my display device section, I can adjust the Digital Vibrance and Image Sharpening, but that's all... As shown in my screen shot here.. (And that may also, only be related to the type of monitor used). (Again this screenshot was taken using the 8776 drivers)

Click image for larger version

Name:	nvidia_server_settings_8777_display_section.png
Views:	159
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	21526

Wolf
Wolfman [TWP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-06, 03:25 AM   #6
Baaad Wabbit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Excaliber
p.s
before the installtion of FC6 (i had FC5) and used livna i had this options... what should i do?
get back to FC5?
You should add Load "extmod" to the Module section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, like so:

Section "Module"
Load "extmod"
Load "glx"
EndSection

If you run nvidia-settings in a terminal without that extmod entry you'll see nvidia-settings complain about missing extensions. The utility requires them to handle the colour correction and xvideo functionality.

Tony.
Baaad Wabbit! is offline   Reply With Quote