Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-06, 01:46 AM   #169
superklye

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights II Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts
Regretting not getting GW:NF instead yet?
A tad, yes...
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 01:55 AM   #170
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

It's baffling to me how this game runs so bad outdoors even with options set to low, including no shadows. It's just a terrible shame as know a lot of people are being turned off by the outdoor performance.
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 11:33 AM   #171
K007

So far..great game..met some intresting party members on the way. So far i am in the Hills place (just before taking the ship to NWN).

As for the perfermance...its not bad..outdoor is not that good when there is alot of bad guys arround..its 30s-40s i would say..indoor is different..full smooth..never had a single feel the frame rate was reaching 30s..was super smooth.

Graphics are alright..though..it dosent explain the fps drop in outdoors..considering the graphics..are not that good compared to say oblivion..but the game is good...its 'playable'

Gameplay is intresting..using drive mode camera view..with camera lock and using wsad..its like KOTR/II control PoV.

Sound..superb..quiet a few recycled sounds from nwn1..still atleast most of the game has voices..god one thing i hated in nwn1 was the text..soo much reading.

This game has a really good way of going about its quests/story..Oblivion had the main plot..and side quests..which were soo far apart..and so dull..

Story..well..its like Fable..meets LOTR...so instead of a ring..its some shard..and along the journey...u meet some different people..who dont like each other much..but fight with you..its defeantly LOTR and Fable lol.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 11:40 AM   #172
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007

Graphics are alright..though..it dosent explain the fps drop in outdoors..considering the graphics..are not that good compared to say oblivion..but the game is good...its 'playable'
you do realize that every object in NWN2 accepts 1000 lightsources to cast shadow, in oblivion not every object does that, remmeber they dropped it from oblivion
Old 11-04-06, 12:33 PM   #173
superklye

It finally happened: I got sucked in. I love this game.

I wish they would've handled the Character Information screens a bit better, but meh...it's not THAT hard to find what you want. I just prefer the way NWN and games like BG and IWD handled the character screens.

That reminds me...IWD2 was awesome. I should find my copy of that and fire it up.
Old 11-04-06, 05:17 PM   #174
ruziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
It finally happened: I got sucked in. I love this game.

I wish they would've handled the Character Information screens a bit better, but meh...it's not THAT hard to find what you want. I just prefer the way NWN and games like BG and IWD handled the character screens.

That reminds me...IWD2 was awesome. I should find my copy of that and fire it up.
Took me a little bit to get sucked in to. The entire beginning was pretty predictable, happy joy joy town carnival gets interrupted by monsters, saw that coming a mile away lol. Ever since I started doing the thieves guild tasks in Neverwinter city, I haven't been able to pull myself away.
ruziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 06:22 PM   #175
LycosV

I'm impressed and dissapointed at the same time with this game.
It's got great story depth, character development, and it can look really good. But the whole things just feels off. The best way that I can describe it is that the game feels like a fan-made sequal for NWN.
The graphics aren't significanly better than NWN (at least not enough to explain the performance hit). There's no real improvement in the fighting. After KOTOR I was at least expecting that weapons would clash with each other but... nothing.
But the worst part is that the interface just isn't as good as NWN. Inventory management doesn't have a autosort button and everything is crammed into this little boxes. You have to right click on everything to get information on it. Character information screens are cluttered. The quickkeys at the bottom don't totally work (you can't double stack weapons/shields so one button arms both (I could in NWN). And then there's the whole camera controls, why can't I change my mouse inversion options? Or at least let me remap keys IN THE GAME without having to quit back to the main menu.

I'm enjoying the game, but I have to force myself to do it. NWN was well refined and it seems like they through it out the window and built an inferior engine in it's place. Maybe they can fix it through some patching... or maybe Bioware just knew what they were doing.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-06, 06:37 PM   #176
nVidi0t
Quad Damage

Send a message via ICQ to nVidi0t

Dumb question, but is it possible to talk to another party member like in NWN?

I'm really enjoying it so far and I solved a LOT of the outdoor performance problem by reducing view distance. Now I can keep shadows and textures maxed out
System: Intel Core 2 e6600 @ 3.6ghz (450*8) @ 1.475v | Koolance Exos 2 Water Cooler | 4096Mb Mushkin ASCENT 8500 @ 2.1v @ 1160Mhz| Asus P5k Deluxe P35 'bearlake' 804bios | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 850W| BFG 8800GT OC2 675Mhz | 150GB WD Raptor X | Seagate Barracuda 250GB SATA | Lian Li V2000 PC2 Case | Pioneer DL Burner | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI FATAL1TY FPS | Dell 2707WFP 27" LCD | Windows Vista Ultimate | Sennheiser HD-590 Prestige/Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones w/ Emmeline Hornet Amp | Razer Deathadder | Razer tarantula Keyboard |
nVidi0t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-06, 06:40 PM   #177
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycosV
I'm impressed and dissapointed at the same time with this game.
It's got great story depth, character development, and it can look really good. But the whole things just feels off. The best way that I can describe it is that the game feels like a fan-made sequal for NWN.
The graphics aren't significanly better than NWN (at least not enough to explain the performance hit). There's no real improvement in the fighting. After KOTOR I was at least expecting that weapons would clash with each other but... nothing.
But the worst part is that the interface just isn't as good as NWN. Inventory management doesn't have a autosort button and everything is crammed into this little boxes. You have to right click on everything to get information on it. Character information screens are cluttered. The quickkeys at the bottom don't totally work (you can't double stack weapons/shields so one button arms both (I could in NWN). And then there's the whole camera controls, why can't I change my mouse inversion options? Or at least let me remap keys IN THE GAME without having to quit back to the main menu.

I'm enjoying the game, but I have to force myself to do it. NWN was well refined and it seems like they through it out the window and built an inferior engine in it's place. Maybe they can fix it through some patching... or maybe Bioware just knew what they were doing.
I have to say I agree with this. I hate the way the inventory and the control system is handled. I really like the radial menus from NWN better.
Old 11-04-06, 06:59 PM   #178
LycosV

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVidi0t
Dumb question, but is it possible to talk to another party member like in NWN?
Yeah, you have to hold down the right mouse button on them then pick talk.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 01:43 AM   #179
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
you do realize that every object in NWN2 accepts 1000 lightsources to cast shadow, in oblivion not every object does that, remmeber they dropped it from oblivion
I am using 4
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-06, 02:01 AM   #180
Becoming

He's referring to an ini setting, not the options menu.
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote