Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-06-06, 10:38 PM   #217
K007

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights II Feedback Thread

Using 91.47 with 0x2c0009 (similar to that, same profile setting as the later drivers)..never came across this..and i use the map alot lol

I still haven't figured out how to buy more than 1 pot at a time..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 10:59 PM   #218
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
I don't know how you guys can stomach to play this game without all the shadows. It just looks like crap without them, and if you change a few settings you can keep them on without too much performance hit.

HiRezShadowMapSize=1024
LowRezShadowMapSize=1024
CharacterAndPointLightShadowMapSize=512

And turn PointLightShadows=1 to 0

And something strange for any of you running in lower resolutions, my FPS actually went up going 1024x760 to 1280x1024.

meh shadows dont add to gameplay, sure they look nice but i can live without em
Old 11-06-06, 11:15 PM   #219
superklye

Yeah, on "Low" shadows are still there, they're just the generic blob shadows. I honestly don't notice them and didn't notice them when they were on high, so I don't really care.

The shadows aren't what make or break a game for me.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-06, 11:17 PM   #220
K007

Once you see the shadows in action..you cant live without em..i got em all maxed out..and i played arround with the shadow settings like the mapsize stuff..i so almost 0 improvement in terms of fps going from 512-4028..so i just left it all on max..but shadows do hit hard with on as oppose to with if off because of the day/night thing and when everything has a shadow..that is getting effected by the sun/moon..like in nwn city..gg fps -.-. But for indoors/small areas..which is what you mostly spend your time on..its fine

Indoor is pretty smooth 80-90 fps+..outdoors in citys is where i get hit hard..sometimes low as 18 and avg arround 25-30..which is alright..and i also use Drivemode which actually hurts alot since i see more on the distance.

PSoes anyone know how to buy multiple pots/health kits?

PS: Is Duel wield really crap in this game? My Rogue..he has a really hard time getting hits in..lots of missies..so i just went with 1h sword..Duel wield is pretty weak i expected some misses..but this is alot..even in WoW it dosen't have this many misses -.-
Old 11-06-06, 11:28 PM   #221
superklye

I don't have a lot of problems with dual wield. It works as well as it does in any other D&D game I've played. You just have to give it some time...until your BAB is at 10 or higher, you're going to miss a lot regardless of single- or dual-wielding.
Old 11-07-06, 12:03 AM   #222
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Yeah, on "Low" shadows are still there, they're just the generic blob shadows. I honestly don't notice them and didn't notice them when they were on high, so I don't really care.

The shadows aren't what make or break a game for me.
Yea i doint mind the 'blob' effect but anything below High also removes the shadows of say..trees/buildings..i guess you cant have blob like shadows on the buildings since they actually move with the effect from day/night..

Wish there was a way to set blob shadow on characters..and have true shadows on the buildings..
Old 11-07-06, 12:35 AM   #223
K007

1.02 Patch was pulled out. Dont update to it.
Old 11-07-06, 12:38 AM   #224
LycosV

It's lame that there's no middle ground on the shadow settings. Where are my premapped shadows so that it at least looks like there's some light but w/o the performance impact of realtime shadows.

Dual weilding is weak because you can't get the ambidextrous feat as you can in real D&D. Improved two-weapon gives you a second off hand attack but doesn't give you any better attack bonus. The ambidextry feat eliminates the off hand penalty meaning you suffer the same dual weild penalty in both hands (assuming a light weapon in the off hand). Without ambidextry you suffer a major penalty to hit with your off hand and a minor one in the primary hand.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-06, 12:45 AM   #225
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycosV
It's lame that there's no middle ground on the shadow settings. Where are my premapped shadows so that it at least looks like there's some light but w/o the performance impact of realtime shadows.

Dual weilding is weak because you can't get the ambidextrous feat as you can in real D&D. Improved two-weapon gives you a second off hand attack but doesn't give you any better attack bonus. The ambidextry feat eliminates the off hand penalty meaning you suffer the same dual weild penalty in both hands (assuming a light weapon in the off hand). Without ambidextry you suffer a major penalty to hit with your off hand and a minor one in the primary hand.
I'm pretty sure that feat no longer exists in D&D 3.5 and is why it doesn't exist in the game. To be honest, as much as I loved it, I thought it was way overpowered.

If you want to be a successful dual-wielder, be a ranger and choose two weapon fighting. Get the dual-wielding feats for free as they come at various levels and choose a weapon type and stick with it. Make sure to choose "Weapon Finesse" as it allows you to use your dexterity modifier (which should be at least 18 as a ranger) instead of strength for all small weapons. Then get the weapon specialization feats to further give an advantage using your chosen weapon(s).
Old 11-07-06, 12:52 AM   #226
Woodelf
I should be gaming.

I've only made it to neverwinter, but so far I'm really into it. Cool story so far. Has some bugs though. Hate the control's (camera) as much as I did with NWN platnum. Alot of similarities between the two games. Seems to be lots of good loot.
I'm Happy.
i7920 @ 4.0 DO - Gigabyte ud4p - g.skill trident 6x2 ddr3 2000 @1600 7.7.7.18.1 - Cogage true spirit/sythe kaze 2000 - 2x Raid "0" WD 500GB (black) - xfi fatal1ty pro - Asus 5970 900/1200 - Corsair 1000HX - Samsung px2370
Woodelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 01:56 AM   #227
Parts

Installed, but I havent really had a chance to play yet, I am ALWAYS too busy with these types of games obsessing over picking the right class to start with so I dont end up with some loser class who gets owned all the time further into the game

Its a bad habbit, did it with NWN1 and KOTOR and any other game I can think of that are based off DND rules, and I never finished any of those previous games because I kept starting over with a new class like an hour into the game.
Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 05:48 AM   #228
K007

AA and some DWield something is added in the next patch..
1.02 was a hot fix..but then removed as it broke most of the game...so guess will have to wait for sometime now..such a shame too..AA would really add some nice feel to this game..alot of the loading screen stuff looks really nice and they have AA :/