Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-06, 07:33 AM   #229
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights II Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007
1.02 Patch was pulled out. Dont update to it.
oh great, what did it broke? can you go back ?
Old 11-07-06, 08:25 AM   #230
Greeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
in NWN second expansion, i did save her from Hell
me too

Metas...whatisname gave her a whoopin' tho i think...(Hordes of the Underdark) wasn't it?
Greeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 08:30 AM   #231
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

yeah it was Hordes of the Underdark

i had a evil character (Blackguard) i saved her from hell, went back the realm of livin, did not kill her when (umm, you know the story) we ruled the world together

i need to find the picture of the end screen.
Old 11-07-06, 09:23 AM   #232
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

I did the auto-detect settings on my rig, and I'm running it at 1280x1024, and it is fairly smooth 30 - 40 FPS.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 10:59 AM   #233
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
oh great, what did it broke? can you go back ?
For starters online broke since the online thing isen't working cause of server mismatch on the patch version..

Next game crashes on loading..ie after start menu..i assumed it was cause of my mini image/d4..so i fired the original up..same result..and thats after making sure d4 was uninstalled/cleaned..so i tried it on my other pc..same result with the original and 1.02.

And no you cant just unpatch..you have to redownload the dam thing..which is a bummer as i only have about 500MB left for the month before i get capped..really pain in the ass having to redownload the same file over and over and over..wish they just put the patch out for manual download..then i can ask my isp game server site to host the file..which wont add to my monthly usage (free content).

Spend quiet a bit of time getting the game to work..then noticed 1.02 is no longer a patch :/..made it to Chapter 2 at least...

Anyone know how many chapters there are?

There is no AA in NWN2, but there will be a patch to support AA.

As for the shadows..wow in the citys it does hurt alot. I played arround..results for city areas is like this

A certain spot..say arround the middle of dockstreet..
Full Shadows - 25-30~
Character Shadows - 40-50
Blob..Shadow thing - 60+
No Shadow - similar to blobl thing 60+...

I use full shadows when i am out of a city as it does get annoying having low fps moving arround..City i use Character Shadows / No Environment Shadows..outside..full shadows.

Its such a shame the shadows hit really hard on the fps..they look really great working with the lights/glows from ure weapeons (point of shadow?) and with the sun/moon..but the perfemance hit on the main citys is bloody annoying to travel arround..not an issue outside..

What i want..Environment shadows and Character Blob like Shadows...this would give a nice shadow effect..while still giving a nice performance..character shadows are nice..but a nice blob will do for me..but the trees/buildings..now they are really worth to have arround..**** looks great..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 11:32 AM   #234
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

I am somewhat surprised so many people will accept the bugs and horrible performance.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 11:56 AM   #235
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i been playing with 1.02, no problem loading the game. oh crap you got 500mb left for entire month!!

thats gotta suck, today its only 7th!!

btw, not sure what you mean by chapter 2, there are 3 acts in the game, are those acts then devided by chapters? or did you reach act 2?
Old 11-07-06, 12:27 PM   #236
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH0DAN
I am somewhat surprised so many people will accept the bugs and horrible performance.
Hey man...it's frickin' D&D!

And as for 1.02 being broken...I was playing last night for a bit and had no problems at all...and when I went to check the updater right now, it said I was up-to-date and there was no additional content for me to download. :-\
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-06, 12:34 PM   #237
Becoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
Hey man...it's frickin' D&D!

And as for 1.02 being broken...I was playing last night for a bit and had no problems at all...and when I went to check the updater right now, it said I was up-to-date and there was no additional content for me to download. :-\
Are you sure you have the patch at all? The updater itself will still update, but they pulled the actual patch after a certain point last night (before I got home from work) so the version number on the game's title screen was still 1.01 even though the updater version had changed (I got the same message as you, and it turned out they pulled the patch before I'd even gotten home).
Becoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 12:45 PM   #238
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becoming
Are you sure you have the patch at all? The updater itself will still update, but they pulled the actual patch after a certain point last night (before I got home from work) so the version number on the game's title screen was still 1.01 even though the updater version had changed (I got the same message as you, and it turned out they pulled the patch before I'd even gotten home).
Yes, I'm positive I've got the patch. I remember downloading it and my launch screen says "1.02."
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-06, 01:04 PM   #239
K007

Once you have the patch..you have it...even if they roll back the patch they wont be able to roll/undo the patch changes..so your stuck with the 1.02. AFIK the fix they fixed..isen't 100% it seems..for those that managed to get the game to work that is..for me..i had to do another reinstall and got the game..

Hit Chapter 2..decided to reload a new character and give barbarian a go...-.-..hard to decide hehe..really enjoying the story..

I wish the interaction with the henchman was a bit more easy..you get quiet a few at the end of the chapter..and some henchman have certain say in the quests you do..lots of replay value..but daym :/..

*SPOILER*

Ha..i love the third option..i didn't pick it..but boy when i make the evil version i am soo gonna give this one a shot..

Old 11-08-06, 08:28 AM   #240
K007

lol people are gonna love the trial you have in this game..its really 10/10 funny