Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-09-07, 02:45 PM   #601
Napoleon_Kane
Nvidia newcomer

Default Re: Neverwinter Nights II Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
if you live in US, you have US version. if you live in UK you have UK version.

if you install UK expansion on US version, you need a dialog file hotfix which is available on bioware and obsidian forums.
Ummm...actually, the fact is, when the day I want to buy the chaotic collector's edition, it's already out of stock, so I order it from games.uk, then I guess the one I own is UK version, maybe I will run into some problems, but hopefully bioware will have a patch or fix for us as you say.
Napoleon_Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 07:05 PM   #602
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

New NWN2 Expansion Pack Announced!

Atari Europe has published news of a new expansion pack for NWN2 titled "Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir" and the NWN2 Spanish site Neverwinteros has the scoop. We've confirmed that it's real with Matthew Rorie, Marketing/PR producer for Obisidian who was kind enough to give us a heads up. The translation is a bit rough but here's the story:
Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir hearkens back to the days of the Baldur’s Gate and Icewind Dale franchises by including full party customization, dungeon crawling, and free exploration of a non-linear game world via an Overland Map. The gripping storyline foreshadows the events that will take place in the Forgotten Realms with the coming of release this June of the Fourth Edition of Dungeons & Dragons® Roleplaying Game.

In the aftermath of the defeat of the King of Shadows, the Sword Coast is in the midst of an uneasy economic recovery. Trade syndicates have sprung up to exploit the post-war confusion for their own ends. The players’ party will wade into this uncertain environment; in order to increase their own fortunes, they can either ally with a syndicate to create a trade empire, or cut their own path through Faerūn by preying upon caravans and selling the goods on the black market. As they attempt to extend their influence, players will become aware of a new faction working behind the scenes: the evil, shapeshifting, serpentine Yuan-Ti.

In addition to trading and economic manipulation, the Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Overland Map allows players to explore the Chultan Peninsula and Sword Coast in a non-linear manner never before seen in any of the Neverwinter Nights games. Exploration will take players from well-known locations, like Neverwinter and Crossroad Keep, to more exotic areas, such as the xenophobic jungle nation of Samarach. Groups of highwaymen and monsters populate the Overland Map and the farther from civilization the player roams, the more difficult the encounters become. The 15-hour campaign in Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir is also packed with new classes, spells, creatures, and playable races.

Fans of the compelling multiplayer features of Neverwinter Nights 2 will also be able to take advantage of new improvements to the multiplayer experience, while modders will be able to take advantage of the power and flexibility of the Overland Map and Trading System features along with other world-building enhancements.

Game Features:

· Travel the Sword Coast and Samarach using the open ended exploration of the new Overland Map. Use skills like Spot and Survival while on the Overland Map to avoid ambushes and even find hidden locales and lost artifacts.

· Create your own full party of adventurers. Devastate your foes with a squad of fireball-flinging Sorcerers, form a solid wall of steel with a party of Fighters, or strike the perfect balance in your party by spreading out the classes you choose for your characters.

· Improved party gameplay including streamlined party conversations, a new Teamwork Benefit System, and powerful party feats.

· The world's economy reacts to your adventures and choices. And, through trading and quests, you can expand your merchant company into a massive trading empire.
It's great to see another expansion with what appears to be some great feature and I'm sure an English version will come soon.

15 hours of play for expansion, that is more then Mass Effect

http://nwvault.ign.com/fullstory.php?id=42139
Old 06-10-08, 07:32 PM   #603
ArrowMk84

I'd love to find a definition for "full party". I'm hoping its six characters (although four would be workable) and I can revive some characters I last used in Icewind Dale 2 and in single-player BG2 MP game.

Any word on a release date?
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 06:56 AM   #604
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

started playing NWN2 again yesterday.

Still can't stand the new camera
Old 08-08-08, 07:50 AM   #605
|MaguS|

I started it all over aswell acouple days ago. I love this game. One of the best DnD based games made in the recent years. Can't wait for the new expansion!
Old 08-08-08, 07:52 AM   #606
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

there is also new adventure pack(aka premium module) on the way.

how are you dealing with the camera? it is driving me nuts. I can't get it set the same way prior the 1.10 patch.
Old 08-08-08, 08:08 AM   #607
|MaguS|

Never had an issue with the camera...
Old 08-08-08, 06:53 PM   #608
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I was thinking about playing this again too... I'm with Nekro though, the camera. I just cannot get it to work well. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-08, 10:03 PM   #609
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I was thinking about playing this again too... I'm with Nekro though, the camera. I just cannot get it to work well. ::
+1 I wish i could get it in control like Witcher...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-08, 09:51 PM   #610
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir Shots

Old 08-12-08, 10:06 PM   #611
|MaguS|

Dam that looks good!
Old 08-12-08, 10:33 PM   #612
nekrosoft13