Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > General Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-24-03, 10:45 AM   #1
DiscipleDOC

Default A7N8X Deluxe and Mandrake 9.0....Is it possible?

I tried to install mandrake 9.0 on my nForce2 A7N8X-Deluxe board over the weekend with no success. I read all the tips that I could on the matter, and I still could not get it up and running.

Here's the specs:
A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
AMD AthlonXP 2600 (333)
768 MB DDR400 Memory
VisionTek Ti4600 Vid Card
Natural Keyboard Pro
Intellimouse Explorer
(all else is onboard)

The installation went without a hitch, but when I tried the nVidia latest drivers (NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.mdk90up_2.4.19_16.athlon.rpm or even NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.src.rpm) my usb mouse stopped working. I could not use my onboard ethernet cards(neither one), and the NVdriver would not load.

As I said before, I read the tips and trick that was posted as a sticky for red hat, but it did not help me. I would really like to get this working, that way I can do away with my via board forever.

Do anyone have this combination working in unity? If you do, could you help me out by writing a detailed howto?

Thanks for taking out the time to help out a linux nut.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-03, 06:34 PM   #2
CeltiKaos

Default K7N2-L with Mandrake 9.1

Hi All,

Linux virgin here (although been using and abusing various computers for 18 years ;o))

My problem is with the onboard ethernet for the board. I've downloaded and set-up the latest drivers NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0248.mdk90up_2.4.19_16.athlon.rpm but it's still not behaving.

Here's where I am so far:

modules.conf lists the network card as: alias eth0 nvnet ;as it's supposed to apparently.

However, in Mandrake Control Centre in the Networking Section it is listed as per below:

Vendor: NVidia Corporation
Bus: PCI
Bus ID: 10DE:66:1462:570C
Location on Bus: 0:4:0
Descriptiom: nForce2 MCP Networking Adaptor
Module: Unknown <--- Now my techie instinct says this is the problem (odd that!!) How do I fix it? Any clues?
Media Class: NETWORK_ETHERNET

Oh and when I looked at the PCI bus specs, for the ethernet card it said "Unknown device" even though it listed it as an ethernet card??

Any and all help gratefully received

Cheers,

Julian
CeltiKaos is offline   Reply With Quote