Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-15-06, 09:56 PM   #157
AthlonXP1800

Default Re: Splinter Cell Double Agent (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
I get terrible graphics glitches or the odd crash to the desktop. Where as with my 7900GT it very stable, just very slow.

I'm playing SC:CT right now. Will try again after that, perhaps they will have a new driver or patch.
Just very slow on XP SP2? I am surprised to read lots of posts in this thread complainted of very slow fps but when I ran SCDA first time on Iceland mission on Vista RTM, it experienced fast forward, the fps was too bloody fast and was impossible to played. I downloaded and patched with 1.01 then the game was very stable and ran fast and smoothly with all options maxed included HDR, Vista RTM came with Forceware 96.86 driver.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 10:27 PM   #158
flukester
*BANNED*

Yeah the save game system is really messed up, it's like reversed and mixed up and is hell to find your proper save...great game tho, definitely entertaining.
flukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-06, 11:00 PM   #159
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthlonXP1800
Just very slow on XP SP2? I am surprised to read lots of posts in this thread complainted of very slow fps but when I ran SCDA first time on Iceland mission on Vista RTM, it experienced fast forward, the fps was too bloody fast and was impossible to played. I downloaded and patched with 1.01 then the game was very stable and ran fast and smoothly with all options maxed included HDR, Vista RTM came with Forceware 96.86 driver.
I meant slow as in low FPS. BUT I did have the problem your describing. Where it was like in slow motion other times it was fast forward. I fixed it by turning off Cool and Quiet. Patch did nothing for me but enable AA options.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 01:18 AM   #160
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

okay for some reason I can't get any other SLI profile but SFR to take. that's all the game wants to use it seems, despite the fact that it runs horribly. I change it to AFR/AFR2 inside the profile I made w/ nhancer, it seemingly ignored the change and rendered using SFR(I can tell by the SLI Visual Indicators). I even added the executable under the "Splinter Cell 4 Online" profile that nVidia put in with the 93.71 drivers and it won't take. what's really bizarre is I run the online version and it DOES use AFR, however under the SAME profile the offline version still uses SFR. gah now I'm really starting to hate SLI . . .
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-06, 01:24 AM   #161
Bearclaw

So are all these problems a result of a game software problem or the new G80 cards or what? Are they going ot release a patch for it or what?
Old 11-16-06, 01:48 AM   #162
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Honestly I wish nVidia was a little faster with the SLI profile updates, instead of forcing their userbase to haphazardly make their own every time a new game comes out.

and don't even get me started about developer's ignorance towards dual-core, multi-core CPUs. these things have been out for how long? almost a year now, at least with regard to the dual-cores. I know they have to worry about the bottom line and what not, but please don't ignore the customers who actually spend the money to get the good hardware. I mean, if the software they develop does not take advantage of the hardware then what is the point in advancing the hardware any further?
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 11-16-06, 10:38 PM   #163
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

LOL.

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I'm actually getting butter smooth performance when I DISABLED SLI.

Man did Ubi drop the ball on this one. Oh well, at least the game runs much better now heh.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 11-17-06, 11:57 AM   #164
rewt
mmm, Beer.. :drooling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
Man did Ubi drop the ball on this one.
Funny, I read the same exact comment @ ubi forums.

AFR mode seems to be working for me though. If I enable the load balancing bars, they show up.
Athlon64 Venice 3000+ @ 2.6GHz (4100+) · Win XP Pro x86, Vista Ultimate x64 · eVGA K8-NF41 nForce4 SLi · Corsair XMS 1.5GB PC3200 CAS2/1T · eVGA 2x 6600GT SLi · Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe · Western Digital Caviar SE ½TB RAID 0/1 · PowerLink LPK2-30 400W · LiteON LDW-411S OC to 811S 8x DVD±R/RW/ROM · MicroAdvantage 64MB QuickiDrive · Samsung SyncMaster 931B 19" LCD · Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB · Sony PSXtoUSB Analog Gamepads · Memorex MX2700 Multimedia Keyboard · Lexmark 3200 Color Jetprinter · nForce Network Controller 1Gb/s LAN (Cable ~3Mb/s down) · ΩPioneer Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
rewt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-06, 04:42 PM   #165
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
I meant slow as in low FPS. BUT I did have the problem your describing. Where it was like in slow motion other times it was fast forward. I fixed it by turning off Cool and Quiet. Patch did nothing for me but enable AA options.
I have that slow-motion bug with the demo on my Quad-SLI PC (CnQ already disabled) .. my friend has the fast-forward issue on his rig .. this is nuts!
SLI seems ok. (using AFR/AFR2)

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-06, 05:22 PM   #166
FCGD
Gamer/Programmer/Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
LOL.

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I'm actually getting butter smooth performance when I DISABLED SLI.

Man did Ubi drop the ball on this one. Oh well, at least the game runs much better now heh.
not unheard of. company of heroes also experienced this, and if you picked the wrong rendering method (SFR?) with prey, you actually got a penalty from sli
Old 11-17-06, 10:48 PM   #167
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
Sorry to say so but ; nope.

I do 3D character modeling, I've worked on a Xb360 game as a 3D modeler ; i can 'read' ingame assets like character models ; thus i'm able to compare polygon budgets a bit better than anyone who doesn't know graphics.

Anyway, I made some comparison screens. The white outlines show the polygon quads / rows of poly edges. Always look at the silhouette to get an estimation of the model it's polygon count. As you can see ; the PC version is a clear downscale of polybudget compared to the Xbox360 version, and it's certainly not only that particular Sam model ; also NPC's and other ingame Same models which feature more polygons in the XB360 version. Some other dude posted Okhotst screens where you can clearly see the more detailed textures on the guard his trenchcoat arm ; the guard on PC version also features less polygons than on the XB360 version. Count the poly edge rows. Ubi tried to compensate the lack of polygons in the PC version by adding strong normal maps where polygon geometry would be in the Xbox360 version : but normal maps can't fool the eyes of a 3d modeler and gamers who want 100% value for money.

Why does the PC version features lower polygon assets ? Well because of the lowest PC denominator : graphics cards of yesteryear like the 6800's with only 6 vertex pipelines ; those can't push the Xbox360's polygon budget.

Anyone who thinks the PC version = Xbox360 version, graphically speaking, or even better ; is fooling him/herself.
you are the professional, and yes, 360 version have more polygons - great lesson but… the textures ?- maybe is AF of the PC version - and PS efects?

The textures of the NPG are certain that are the some detailed cases but, the textures in general of the game? My ram loads about of 1000 mb to 720p + what 200 mb the VRAM? As version 360 surpasses that? Using the streaming ? On the other hand I see shining the clothes of Sam, with sharpen in the version of PC and greater quality, as well as some other effects of pixel more intensive . Also, the version of 360, uses an more evident HDR in some cases. Maybe is the 360 , the component video conexion and the videocapture with component? in Gamespot review

JPEG 181 KB

360 version

JPEG 76,1 KB

PC version

For my it is evident that in the PC version textures have greater resolution . The subject of the PS load… is difficult to say it but SAM seems to have more intense effects . But I am not a professional

And sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Jonelo; 11-17-06 at 11:26 PM.
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-06, 06:36 AM   #168
hirantha
SUC SUDO

yeah Xbox version is too bright with all the lightings.
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote