Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-03-08, 12:26 PM   #517
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Splinter Cell Double Agent (PC)

Play on 360.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 07:44 AM   #518
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Play on 360.
There's really no other title this is more true for.

Double Agent is a great game... not as good as Chaos Theory, but a great game all the same... but it's PC version is literally broken. It doesn't work. It has not been supported, it has been left to die. Let it die in peace.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 07:47 AM   #519
ASUSEN7900GTX

SAm FIsher R.I.P i canīt belive UBI did this i asked them for over a year ago if they were to support 8800 series but they said the game had no support for those cards, so what i didnīt ask for DX10 just to fix it but i guess they didnīt like this title on PC.

so THye couldnīt care less letīs hope number 5 brings back sam Fisher as he should

so doulbe agent yeah play it on 360 let it be donīt get it for PC i did and sold it as fast
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 11:59 AM   #520
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
but it's PC version is literally broken. It doesn't work.
That's a bit extreme as it does work on PC. I just fired it up again before posting to be sure (this is on XP, dunno about Vista). There are bugs but saying flat out it doesn't work is not accurate. There was that funky trick to the exe to even get it to start but after that it does work (as I have played the game countless times and still play it). There also is that one trick where you have to go into the ini to change the "Texture Detail" and "Skin Detail" lines from "High" to "UltraHigh" to get the extra detail that is not shown without that change. For some reason each time the game is closed, the ini goes back to "High" for those two lines and it has to be manually changed back each time the game is closed (before opening it again). The difference in detail is quite profound like showing extra objects in rooms that were not there before and outdoor as well like the detail on the ice and snow.

I was a big critic of this game when it first came out. Once I got it to work and learned that trick that showed so much more detail than without it, the game grew on me as I'm a big Splinter Cell fan. I don't Xbox so as long as the PC version works, that's quite cool with me.

As for the next Splinter Cell game, I'm not so sure. From what I understand, the character has been changed so much it might as well not even be Sam Fisher. Without Sam (along with Michael Ironside's voice), there is no Splinter Cell as far as I'm concerned. Will have to wait and see how it turns out.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 04:56 PM   #521
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I got to the end as well, but I still would call the game borken. It does not work on perfectly fine systems and it causes everyone some kind of problem. It is broken.
Old 10-04-08, 05:08 PM   #522
Bokishi
NV THIS

For PC just play Chaos Theory
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Bokishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 05:20 PM   #523
Jonelo

Great game . But with STARFORCE - but there is a medicine
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 05:27 PM   #524
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
I got to the end as well, but I still would call the game borken. It does not work on perfectly fine systems and it causes everyone some kind of problem. It is broken.
If you say so dude. Difference of definition. It plays fine on my system so is not broken on my system. Perhaps a better word would be better than "broken" or "doesn't work", which you choose to use. The word "bugs" I agree with. For a game that is "broken", this game plays better on my system than a lot of other games that are not "broken". Most games have bugs of some kind.

I guess next time I need some information if a game is "broken" or not, I'll just forget about what it's doing on my system or other people's systems and ask you since you seem to want to speak for everyone (since you're not offering it as an opinion).
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-08, 12:41 AM   #525
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokishi View Post
For PC just play Chaos Theory
Best SC ever. Still looks amazing. Also first game that gave the BIG FU to ATI cards that lacked SM3.0. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 01:07 AM   #526
Bokishi
NV THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo View Post
Great game . But with STARFORCE - but there is a medicine
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Bokishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 07:58 AM   #527
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
If you say so dude. Difference of definition. It plays fine on my system so is not broken on my system. Perhaps a better word would be better than "broken" or "doesn't work", which you choose to use. The word "bugs" I agree with. For a game that is "broken", this game plays better on my system than a lot of other games that are not "broken". Most games have bugs of some kind.

I guess next time I need some information if a game is "broken" or not, I'll just forget about what it's doing on my system or other people's systems and ask you since you seem to want to speak for everyone (since you're not offering it as an opinion).
I don't know why you're trying to be difficult, but the idea behind my words is very simple. I don't know of any major release as screwed up as Double Agent on PC. I have never heard of someone installing it, playing it, beating it, and not having one problem. If you're the first one, congrats, but you can go to any forum and look at the Double Agent threads and see you're pretty alone in this regard.

When you change the graphics options do they stay the way you wanted? I don't know anyone who can do that, since the game disregards all changes. Maybe you are blessed by the god of PC gaming, I don't know. Can you get AA to work at all without screwing up everything else in the game? I would love to see it.

The game is broken. You can define that however you will, but it IS the case.
Old 10-06-08, 07:56 PM   #528
Sobbsy

The entire game was absolutely perfect for me, bar a driver issue shortly after release that caused characters to get white eyes and look like they were covered in drops of...uh... 'white rain'.

But otherwise it worked from start to finish, without so much as a single crash.
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
850w Antec TruePower Quattro
Sobbsy is offline   Reply With Quote