|11-12-06, 05:45 AM||#1|
Debian Sarge nVidia Driver problem
I have Debian Sarge and I have updated the nVidia driver to last release, Latest Version: 1.0-9629. I have a GeForce 4 Ti4400 128 Mb
I have followed this steps:
- Updated Kernel Image and Kernel Headers to 2.6.8-3-686
- Installed the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9629-pk g1.run
- Splash Screen appears and Ic an setup the desktop to desired resolution
- When I go to nVidia X server Settings / OpenGL/GLX information, the program crashes to desktop with no messages
- So, I have not 3D aceleration activated.
In Synaptic, I se that I have installed the nVidia KErnel Legacy 2.6.15-1-686 and nvidia-kernel-common, but I can't see the nvidia-glx
I don't know what to do for activating 3D aceleration, any help?
|11-12-06, 06:25 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Netherlands, Europe
Re: Debian Sarge nVidia Driver problem
Try to run the nvidia-bug-report.sh script which should be in your path and attach the logfile to this post.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need Help Installing NVIDIA Tesla M2070Q in Linux RHEL5||Ferianto85||NVIDIA Linux||0||05-18-12 09:35 PM|
|Getting the proprietary nvidia driver to run with Debian 3.0 r0 (woody)||Katchina404||NVIDIA Linux||9||01-12-03 09:49 AM|
|nvidia + 2.4.19 gentoo = messed up||ulukay||NVIDIA Linux||18||11-02-02 12:58 AM|
|GF4 Nvidia Driver 2960, Win TV Problem, Freeze||titan3025||NVIDIA Linux||5||09-06-02 08:12 AM|
|download problem with linux NVIDIA driver packages||Timo||NVIDIA Linux||7||07-31-02 10:22 AM|