Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-06, 12:59 AM   #1
joel75

Default 1.0-9629 + toshiba tecra M2 = trouble

I'm running the 1.0-9629 driver on a couple of suse 10.1 desktops and they are great, no problems, good performance, and completely stable.

On a toshiba tecra M2 laptop, running the same OS as the 2 desktop systems, the 1.0-9629 driver is misbehaving.

1. Once the screen blanks, it will not unblank, and I have to kill the X session to get the screen to unblank. I saw this problem on the same laptop with earlier versions of the OS and the nvidia drivers, and it was fixed, but the problem is back now.

2. Attemping to start a game of quake 3 arena demo instantly kills the X session, kicking me back to the X login screen. Nothing like this happens on the 2 desktop systems where I'm running the same nvidia driver on the same OS.

What can I look at to determine the cause, or help you guys come up with a fix?

Joel
joel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-06, 02:09 AM   #2
lloeki
Arch Linux

Default Re: 1.0-9629 + toshiba tecra M2 = trouble

2. Attemping to start a game of quake 3 arena demo instantly kills the X session, kicking me back to the X login screen. Nothing like this happens on the 2 desktop systems where I'm running the same nvidia driver on the same OS.
maybe the resolution switch bug, happens with DFP with 9629. AFAIK it's known and will be fixed, thus, patience and play windowed or at res' same as X, or revert to 9626.
lloeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-06, 11:35 AM   #3
netllama
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: 1.0-9629 + toshiba tecra M2 = trouble

Both of these issues are known bugs. The X crash will be resolved in the next driver release.
netllama is offline   Reply With Quote