Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-26-03, 10:32 PM   #1
rettw

Angry Dual Head on GF2MX400 issues w/4191

Hello All:

I am using dual head configuration I found in this forum from "dek" that seems to work except for the following issues.... First a note about my configuration.

PIII 850, RH7.2, MSI GF2MX400 w/TV-out, XFree 4.2.0, Nvidia Drivers 4191, Soyo SY-6BA+IV motherboard, (440BX)

Screen 0 - CRT
Screen 1 - TV

1. Only one screen gets the Video Overlay. This is usually the CRT. However, the overlay is a constant blue screen for some reason in this mode. The Video Blitter port on the TV screen works ok, however, with the normal issues (screen tearing when watching video, etc).

2. Exitting X by using the logout option on KDE (I don't run XDM or like) and dropping back to the console works, however, If I restart X, the system locks with a black screen.

Going back to a single display/screen configuration produces the following results:

- The X server crashing upon restart goes away.
- The Video Overlay now produces a black screen instead of a blue one. It appears that the card's Overlay is completely dead with 4191. It worked under 3123 without issue.

I will post my XF86Config's If someone requests them.

I am hoping some else has seen this issue.

Thanks,

Rett Walters

rettw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-03, 11:13 PM   #2
rettw

Ok.... I solve the "broken Overlay" I mentioned. For some reason, the XV properties such as Brightness, Hue, etc were set to 0. Making the overlay appear broken.

I still however cannot re-enter X from the console without rebooting the system first. It starts to initialized (screens flicker) then the whole system locks. This only happens in the Dual Head config. Single head seems to be fine.

Thanks for any assistance !!!

Rett
rettw is offline   Reply With Quote