Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-06, 04:03 PM   #13
MalakithSkadi

Default Re: MMORPG Recommendation Please - Quite Long

Seems whatever i look at just doesnt fit.

CoH / CoV - Too samey quest wise. Gets boring
Lineage 2 - bad reviews about the player base
RF Online - Slated at being a grind fest
Archlord - One of those games you have to play 24/7 to even get close to getting anywhere.

Oh well, guess its wait and see if Vanguard jumps on the Sony band wagon or actually delivers what it promises.
MalakithSkadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-06, 07:21 PM   #14
glObalist
working as intended

How about LOTR Online? How is that shaping up? I still have some hopes after I've seen the gameplay videos.

Anyone in the beta?
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-06, 09:36 PM   #15
matthewcraig

From what I heard about Vanguard and LotRO, it doesn't sound hopeful. Wait for the reviews on these, my friend!

Archlord is already out -- terrible, terrible reviews.

Is Neverwinter Nights II something you could sink your teeth into?

Sorry, got to use is icon:
matthewcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-06, 10:38 PM   #16
Sgt_Pitt

i cant beleive you guys write off EQ2 that easily, its still the best mmo out there imo, the gfx **** on anything out there atm by a country mile

The gameplay is second to none. After 2 years, the game is still active and alive, and still manages to hold my interest, its like your all blind or something.
Old 11-25-06, 01:22 AM   #17
matthewcraig

Maybe you could answer something for me, Pitt. I would be willing to try EQ II, but it seems like you need to buy a bunch of expansion packs in order to play! What do you recommend to people you are getting into the game? Is there really an expectation that they buy all the expansion sets in order to be successful in the game? Do guilds ask you if you have all the expansions before they will admit you? Seems like a big cost to get started, not to mention the monthly fee. And, EQ seems to always be coming out with yet another expansion every couple months. How do you keep up with the costs?

While I have your attention, could you talk about downtime? One thing that bothered me about WoW was the announced emergency maintenance crashes and the weekly 1/2-3/4th day scheduled outage. I found it very unacceptable. How is EQ II?
Old 11-25-06, 06:37 AM   #18
MalakithSkadi

NWN2 - Got it, linear, unbalanced, pile a ****. My "Bow" ranger does more damage in melee then with his bow... and yes i have built it properly iv played enough D&D to know.

EQ2 - As stated, 6 million expansions, difficulty leveling due to the stage of the game. And in the end offers bugger all new compared to other games out there other then "looks pretty" unless you can correct me.

Looks like Hellgate: London is my only chance for happyness in the foreseable future as people iv heard from reliable sources that Vanguard has jumped on the SOE money train. Not that im surprised, if it has SOE or UBI on the box its 95% gurenteed to have something wrong with it or soon will have. EA arnt normally much better.
Old 11-25-06, 07:26 PM   #19
matthewcraig

What's the word on Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising ?

Looks like this MMOG is going to get released real soon.
Old 11-27-06, 01:46 AM   #20
nrdstrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakithSkadi
NWN2 - Got it, linear, unbalanced, pile a ****. My "Bow" ranger does more damage in melee then with his bow... and yes i have built it properly iv played enough D&D to know.

EQ2 - As stated, 6 million expansions, difficulty leveling due to the stage of the game. And in the end offers bugger all new compared to other games out there other then "looks pretty" unless you can correct me.

Looks like Hellgate: London is my only chance for happyness in the foreseable future as people iv heard from reliable sources that Vanguard has jumped on the SOE money train. Not that im surprised, if it has SOE or UBI on the box its 95% gurenteed to have something wrong with it or soon will have. EA arnt normally much better.
Wrong wrong wrong....They only thing sony has to do with Vanguard is the servers/billing/marketing. They have ZERO controle over content at this time. "But what if SOE buy Sigil" you say? This is my worry also, but for now, Sony is not influencing the game at all...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-06, 01:37 PM   #21
MalakithSkadi

uh huh... so sony marketing goes "yea we have the game ready by march" then then tell sigil "have it by march or we pull our funding"

oh wait, they dont have any influence do they?......
Old 11-28-06, 02:16 PM   #22
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakithSkadi
uh huh... so sony marketing goes "yea we have the game ready by march" then then tell sigil "have it by march or we pull our funding"

oh wait, they dont have any influence do they?......
Funny considering that Sigil is fully funding the actual development and owns all rights to the product... if Sony tells them to release the title, Sigils answer will be "**** Off, its our game..."

Sony has as much control of Sigil as they have control over Insomniac... which is none. They just have a trust, if Insomniac wants to go develop a X360 title they are free too... Just Sony wont fund it nor publish it...
Old 11-29-06, 03:14 PM   #23
IhopeNo

Well some of that stuff know how the sounds like Goonzu Online, I don't quite know how the PvP battles work, but they look enjoyable enough. Plenty of skills (6 different weapon types, many manufacturing skills for economy, and recently added politics, run a town etc.) The player vs NPC stuff is good. It originated in Korea so there's ppl all over playing it, so you should have people on 24/7. And it's free I find it entertaining at least (sorry if you've seen this post before I'm gonna end up posting loong posts about this game (sorry)).
IhopeNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-06, 11:09 PM   #24
The new guy

How about Anarchy Online MalakithSkadi? Have you tried or researched that game?
The new guy is offline   Reply With Quote