Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-06, 01:39 AM   #25
stjuart

Default Re: New GT HD Screens

yes but i do have shots from the new build and iam comparing from the old xbox 1 game forza, and yes i know the ps3 looks alot better but certainly not what they like to call next gen.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 01:44 AM   #26
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/binar...s/376/p60a.jpg
the exact same car model used in gameplay. this car model is not next gen?

edit:
look at this video from gameplay. the menu car and gameplay cars are the same.
http://www.playfrance.com/news-ps3-t...urismo-hd.html
the environment is still WIP, but look at the cars. the detail completely blows away anything last gen, and is definately on par or arguably better with anything next gen. to think the game still has a long time ahead of it means that it can only get better.

edit:
720p video
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d430.html

Last edited by Bad_Boy; 11-27-06 at 01:55 AM.
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 02:01 AM   #27
evilchris

Did Sony give you your PS3 for free BadBoy? After all your hard work, I sure hope so.
Old 11-27-06, 02:06 AM   #28
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Did Sony give you your PS3 for free BadBoy? After all your hard work, I sure hope so.
more off-topic posts from evil chris, nice. :/
anyways, check the videos, and look at the ingame cars stjuart.
Old 11-27-06, 02:43 AM   #29
Badboy_12345

ill buy a ps3 when its hacked
which shouldnt take long
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 02:58 AM   #30
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
ill buy a ps3 when its hacked
which shouldnt take long
Unless ya plan on pirating games, whats the point of a hacked ps3 (or a 360 for that matter)?

Considering, the games are on blu-ray, and the firmware updates needed to use most of the features, I'd say it might be a while until it's hacked. Then again, I could be wrong.
Old 11-27-06, 04:04 PM   #31
stjuart

Just watched the video, wow the game physics seem identical to gt4 which in turn suck in my opnion, the cars move like boxes with wheels, i think you guys need to try live for speed just to see how the car reacts with the track, this has nothing to do with graphics but all about feel and so far all console racing games and most pc racing sims have got it wrong except lfs. Ill see if i can get a video.
i dont know how to make it show up on frame so here is the link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdldZlNDm80

Last edited by stjuart; 11-27-06 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-27-06, 04:24 PM   #32
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart
Just watched the video, wow the game physics seem identical to gt4 which in turn suck in my opnion, the cars move like boxes with wheels, i think you guys need to try live for speed just to see how the car reacts with the track, this has nothing to do with graphics but all about feel and so far all console racing games and most pc racing sims have got it wrong except lfs. Ill see if i can get a video.
i dont know how to make it show up on frame so here is the link,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdldZlNDm80
Again I think you fail to understand that this is NOT GT5.

This is like a tech demo/preview of GT on PS3. What is so hard about understanding that?

When this game was first shown it was merely GT4 at 1080p. PD have slowly shown the progression they have been making with the game that will ultimately lead to the real next gen GT game.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-06, 04:31 PM   #33
stjuart

NO they said they were going to make it more of a sim, and focus on micro transactions, thats from the horses mouth, Sony. So ignore the graphics for a second which are really good, but look at the video the car drive exactly the same as gt4 and yes i know it an update but when you say one thing and do another well thats called bending the truth and Sony is certainly number 1 at doing that.
Old 11-27-06, 04:42 PM   #34
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Okay so I see you really don't understand it.

This is like a concept game. I believe they did it with PS2 as well(minus the microtransactions). They allow gamers to get a taste of the next GT but the REAL game is a work in progress.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/740/740614p1.html

Quote:
The game was running in its Premium mode, a Gran Turismo 5 preview of sorts. The cars and tracks available in this mode are all extremely detailed models that show off the in-progress GT5 engine pretty well. The lighting is incredibly smooth and the shaders used to represent the paint jobs on the vehicles is exquisite. The tracks themselves (or single track as the case may be) isn't quite as detailed as we hope to see in Polyphony's first fully next-gen release, with foliage and such a little more scarce than we'd hope to see, but it's still quite nice to look at
GT has always been a sim so I don't know what you're talking about.

60gb PS3 Owner
Old 11-27-06, 04:51 PM   #35
stjuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Okay so I see you really don't understand it.

This is like a concept game. I believe they did it with PS2 as well(minus the microtransactions). They allow gamers to get a taste of the next GT but the REAL game is a work in progress.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/740/740614p1.html

GT has always been a sim so I don't know what you're talking about.
Alot of console racing game use that term very well in representing a sim, but none actually deliver on what they say.i would classify GT4 as more of blend of semi realisitc, falling inline with the tocca series, if not surpassing it a bit in physics. Also you can put forza in that mix too. By the way try flipping gt4 car once and see how that works out for you, the cars one sound all the same, not there fault they had to do some 600+ cars, but the tire physics are really screwed up in the way they feel, and well the cars in gt and most console racers is dumbed down so a 12 year old kid could drive it with a controler, and yes i own all the games iam talking about, and again this is my opinion, and since i have played so called sims from both xbox, ps2 and pc i have had better variety in racing titles and therefore am justified in stating my opnion that console racing games are not sims, they are fun and great at collecting all the cars in game, something i wish pc games had too, but sadly different market, best thing i could say is different strokes for different folks.

UPdate, yes i own a driving force pro, too, and still hate the feel of gt4.
Old 11-27-06, 04:58 PM   #36
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Whatever, GT is GT and it's only getting better.

I don't even see wtf you are trying to argue anymore. You were bashing on an unfinished tech demo/game and now you are bashing the game/consoles for not being or having a true sim? That doesn't really have anything to do with what this topic is about.

Go start your own, "Consoles racing games suck thread". That's not what this is.

EDIT: Btw, you were hating on the game from a technical stand point which is why I responded. I wasn't defending the fact that GT is a true sim or not.

60gb PS3 Owner