Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-27-06, 05:03 PM   #37
stjuart

Default Re: New GT HD Screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Whatever, GT is GT and it's only getting better.

I don't even see wtf you are trying to argue anymore. You were bashing on an unfinished tech demo/game and now you are bashing the game/consoles for not being or having a true sim? That doesn't really have anything to do with what this topic is about.

Go start your own, "Consoles racing games suck thread". That's not what this is.
Yes thats the problem gt is gt and has not evolved in physics since gt 2, if graphics was all that was promised than they can keep there ultimate simulator, or real simulator, what ever there slogan was, yes i spent 50 bucks on it and well i expect some improvement from one game to another.
At the rate there going they are pulling a madden, release the same title with flashier graphics but the same good but stale gameplay, again not bashing it, but iam also not being blind like you who is taking a defensive stance like a fanboy and please chill out not haveing an arguement with you just stating what i have played from them and so far its been all hype. And yes if there microtranaction game is just more of the same then why should i settle for it, your paying a premium for all the new consoles if i wanted the same game i would go play gt2 in psx.
stjuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 05:14 PM   #38
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart
Yes thats the problem gt is gt and has not evolved in physics since gt 2, if graphics was all that was promised than they can keep there ultimate simulator, or real simulator, what ever there slogan was, yes i spent 50 bucks on it and well i expect some improvement from one game to another.
At the rate there going they are pulling a madden, release the same title with flashier graphics but the same good but stale gameplay, again not bashing it, but iam also not being blind like you who is taking a defensive stance like a fanboy and please chill out not haveing an arguement with you just stating what i have played from them and so far its been all hype. And yes if there microtranaction game is just more of the same then why should i settle for it, your paying a premium for all the new consoles if i wanted the same game i would go play gt2 in psx.
FYI, I don't even own a GT game and I have had my PS2 for years. Nor am I really a PS fanboy.

Sigh, forget it.....Just wait for GT5, if you think it sucks that's you opinion. But I wouldn't judge the final game from a demo with lots of GT4 place holders.

Re read the edit I made on my previous post as well. I was never arguing that this game was a true sim, or whatever you want to call it.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 06:28 PM   #39
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

stjuart, I'm not sure if you know this, but many of the stuff you see in the past builds are mostly placeholders (lighting, graphics, gameplay, environments, etc). They plan on adding damage in the game thus reworking the physics is needed, so your point is kinda moot.
Old 11-27-06, 08:33 PM   #40
stjuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
stjuart, I'm not sure if you know this, but many of the stuff you see in the past builds are mostly placeholders (lighting, graphics, gameplay, environments, etc). They plan on adding damage in the game thus reworking the physics is needed, so your point is kinda moot.
IF they do these things then great but game companies say one thing and do another, Codemasters should be shot,as one example. I woud be very happy if they did do everything there saying, just as they should of had online play in gt4 but never got to it. anyway my rant is that we get a better product for what we pay and many companies are habitual liars. and yes i like gt series, nothing wrong with wanting to get better, instead of the same old tired crap.
Old 11-27-06, 09:08 PM   #41
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Unless ya plan on pirating games, whats the point of a hacked ps3 (or a 360 for that matter)?

Considering, the games are on blu-ray, and the firmware updates needed to use most of the features, I'd say it might be a while until it's hacked. Then again, I could be wrong.
It's already hacked you can run Linux on it from day one. (this opens up pretty much every single thing you can want)
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 09:10 PM   #42
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
That's a great, very detailed shot. Too bad it's a ricecar but I digress. However, anyone who thinks the PS3 will produce this in game, in motion, is a koolaid drinker. Maybe next generation. Xbox720/PS4.
You sir are a douche bag.

It had to be said.
MSI P55-GD80
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Old 11-27-06, 09:15 PM   #43
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart
IF they do these things then great but game companies say one thing and do another, Codemasters should be shot,as one example. I woud be very happy if they did do everything there saying, just as they should of had online play in gt4 but never got to it. anyway my rant is that we get a better product for what we pay and many companies are habitual liars. and yes i like gt series, nothing wrong with wanting to get better, instead of the same old tired crap.
So basically the only defence you have is that developers are not to be trusted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banko
It's already hacked you can run Linux on it from day one. (this opens up pretty much every single thing you can want)
I wouldnt say thats a hack, it was a planned feature...hence the OS install option Sony put in the XMB specifically for linux.
Old 11-27-06, 09:15 PM   #44
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banko
Um they always intended to have Linux be able to run on it (reason why under settings theres the "Install Other OS" function)... there was no hacking involved. All they did then was dump a game iso to the HD which really doesn't mean anything since every system has been able to do that... what really shows it being hacked would be if they got to run the image of the game.

But no... it hasn't been hacked.

Old 11-27-06, 09:20 PM   #45
Quickstar

Yea the GT series hasn't progressed much in terms of gameplay. I think the car physics in Live for Speed looked great. I agree that GT feels like driving a box. I hope they change the physics and such but like stuart said, developers don't always do what they say and most of it is hype anyways. Like when Red Faction was supposed to have fully destructible terrain.....
Quickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-06, 10:40 PM   #46
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Um they always intended to have Linux be able to run on it (reason why under settings theres the "Install Other OS" function)... there was no hacking involved. All they did then was dump a game iso to the HD which really doesn't mean anything since every system has been able to do that... what really shows it being hacked would be if they got to run the image of the game.

But no... it hasn't been hacked.
What I meant by that is that since you can run Linux on it there is no reason to hack unless you really plan on downloading illegal games...
MSI P55-GD80
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Old 12-27-10, 02:42 AM   #47
stjuart

Did not want to revive this dead thread but had to say i told you so, i did buy GT 5 and its a good game but so much wasted potential. To be honest, some rFactor tracks look better than GT 5 tracks. Monza Being one of them, looks very average. The premium cars look good but the rest are so so. PD tried to do to many things at the same time and its made the game inconsistent in certain areas.
700 watt power supply
ASUS Rampage III Formula
Noctua NH-D14
------------------
Old 01-03-11, 09:31 AM   #48
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjuart View Post
Did not want to revive this dead thread but had to say i told you so, i did buy GT 5 and its a good game but so much wasted potential. To be honest, some rFactor tracks look better than GT 5 tracks. Monza Being one of them, looks very average. The premium cars look good but the rest are so so. PD tried to do to many things at the same time and its made the game inconsistent in certain areas.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had more to do with frame rates. If you played GT5:P some of the cars models are too much for the PS3 to handle. It was a slideshow on some tracks until you got past other cars.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote