Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-02-06, 10:06 AM   #25
Cambo

Send a message via Yahoo to Cambo
Default Re: Other bugs with the Nvidia 9xxx Drivers

Lonni, it might just be that Wolfman [TWP] is a cricket fan ;-)

</me ducks and hopes people here have a sense of humour>

Cambo
Cambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06, 06:03 PM   #26
Wolfman [TWP]
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by netllama
Wolfman [TWP],
You reported two issues, one of which you later acknowledged was a Cedega bug. The other we've told you is expected behavior in order to provide new functionality in 1.0-9xxx drivers. We provided you with details on how to restore the 1.0-8xxx driver behavior.

Its not clear what more you are expecting or what other bugs you believe haven't been fixed.

Thanks,
Lonni
I never acknowledged one issue as a Cedega bug at all. (With the help of Cambo, I was able to modify one of the scripts to get it to work, that's all) I was simply told by your people that Transgaming didn't write their scripts properly. And what ever way they did it, worked perfectly for over a year (or probably more). All of a sudden a new video driver is available, it no longer works. And the buck get passed to a software developer, and get blamed for not doing it the correct way.. And the way I understand it, that nvidia and transgaming have been working together to get things working right.. If it was known that they were doing it wrong, something could have been said about it.. So that they could fix it.

And if your not clear as to what other bugs there are in the driver, read the forum. There's always something new, and some older problems, cropping up over and over again.. (Especially all those 'It's a known problem', ones, but nothing gets done to fix it)

Well, like I said, I'll stick to the 87.76 drivers, and keep an eye out, and see how the progress of the 9x.xx goes, and will see what happens..

EDIT: Here's an example of another 9x.xx bug.. I did have a 7950GX2 card, but it had to be returned due to card problems. (Should have a replacement back soon I hope) I'm currently running a 7900GTO card (I have 2 of them). And did some non-sli and sli tests. When running the 7900GTO in single card mode, running the Doom3 timedemo test, I get 100fps (+/- 1fps, when running the timedemo 6 times in a row). Not too bad..(Way better than my 6800Ultra setup where I was only getting 32fps max). BUT, when I installed the second card, and enabled SLI, (Using any of the 3 modes, it doesn't matter which, or just leaving it on Auto), the FPS drops down to 65fps (+/- 5fps) using the same timedemo test. Thats approx. 33% drop in frame rate.. This without a doubt is a driver bug, if anything it should stay the same, OR increase slightly. (I personally don't expect it to double the frame rate. (Although I got better performance increases with my VERY OLD Voodoo 2 SLI setup.. (OK, it used the Scan Line Interleave method), but I did get a subtantial fps boost)

Last edited by Wolfman [TWP]; 12-03-06 at 08:32 PM.
Wolfman [TWP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06, 06:16 PM   #27
BSD

"Well, like I said, I'll stick to the 87.76 drivers, and keep an eye out how the progress of the 9x.xx ones, are will see what happens.."

I would like to do the same, but you cant use 8776 on the 2.6.19 kernel!
BSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06, 06:57 PM   #28
Wolfman [TWP]
Geforce 8800 GTS 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo
Lonni, it might just be that Wolfman [TWP] is a cricket fan ;-)

</me ducks and hopes people here have a sense of humour>

Cambo
I'm not, I hate sports stuff period... ROFL.. (Even though, participating in a Q3 tournament is now classified as a sport )
Wolfman [TWP] is offline   Reply With Quote