Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-06, 02:24 PM   #13
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: I never knew at nVNews that it was Ok.....

Ahhh... I wouldn't worry about it... it's all good as long as you're hangin out with us. This forum wouldn't be the same without you! Kyle acts just like my girlfriend... she never admits when she's wrong and gets all defensive when you try and prove otherwise...
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
Old 12-07-06, 02:33 PM   #14
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I think we can all get a little worked up over some things, and I'm sure we all get defensive of our own work (as Kyel may have done), we should leave it at that. Mistakes were made, we all make them. Live 'n Learn

Now a little satire to brighten your day:
Quote:
INTERNET
ROOTERS 12-07-2006
A flame war has begun across many computer enthusiast forums on the Internet citing site flaws and disinformation on targeted boards. These uneasy alliances are a conglomeration of the "fanboys" and "regulars" of the various sites involved. The term "fanboy" references the splinter factions within the IT community itself based upon company or product preference. These splinter factions have united to combat a common foe in the battle against other enthusiast sites. The cause for this new war is unclear, however many speculate that it was caused by frequent criticism and "bashing" of sites on other message boards. MykeSee, the mastermind behind EnVeeNuse.net declined to comment on that speculation stating that, "This war will be a costly one both for the community and for me personally. I am close friends with many of the other administrators of the computer enthusiast community and this will undoubtedly bring an end to many of their wonderful creations." MykeSee also played a key role in the cross-site world-wide review of various computer components. This massive undertaking by many of the enthusiast websites hoped to provide a stop-gap against the growing digital-divide between their respective communities.

Wilburt Wiggadoorn, creator of the enthusiast site Guroovy3D.com, seeing the rise of tensions put forth a declaration to his community commanding they remain neutral to the aggressions of other sites. "Guroovy3D.com and its members have agreed to stay our reply buttons and instead attempt to arbitrate a ceasefire.", says Mr. Wiggadoorn, "We respect our fellow members of the enthusiast community too much to raise a hand against them, instead we will focus on a way to quell this dire situation. We know this process will take time, we just hope we can stop it before too many are hurt."

It is apparent that the landscape of the online computer enthusiast community will be changed forever as a result of this war and their members lives affected for many years to come. More on this as the situation develops.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Old 12-07-06, 02:38 PM   #15
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlitchford
Tiki...I don't know what you did over there but you LAMB BASTED the guy here. You tore apart him and his site because he they made a couple mistakes and MIGHT have just gotten a bad board.

In that post he tried to set the record straight, then made a casual joke at the end (how I took it, anyways). I don't know where he got the Alienware thing from...but damn. I don't really see that as an attack, especially compared to some of the things you said about him for making a mistake.

But like rewt said, if it really bothers you that much just put him on ignore. That, and don't go back to his forum. Would you do the same thing here if MikeC made an error reviewing a motherboard?

Its just a review on a piece of hardware. Ignore him and his site and all of your problems disappear!
Lambasted is one word, brah.
Old 12-07-06, 02:58 PM   #16
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
One awesome word at that.

Old 12-07-06, 03:53 PM   #17
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Unless he meant lamb bastard....
Old 12-07-06, 04:06 PM   #18
Q

Quote:
You are some sort of sentence-evaluating Nazi. And I love you.

Last edited by Q; 12-07-06 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12-07-06, 05:43 PM   #19
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiKiMaN1
Then to have him hunt me down here at nVNews I felt was very wrong. (Who told him I hang around here anyway? Because I sure didn't).
Do a Google search for Tikiman44 and see where it leads you. Wouldn't be to hard for him to work out Tikiman44 became Tikiman1.
Old 12-07-06, 06:08 PM   #20
TiKiMaN1

Talking Re: I never knew at nVNews that it was Ok.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
Do a Google search for Tikiman44 and see where it leads you. Wouldn't be to hard for him to work out Tikiman44 became Tikiman1.
True enough.

I'm just sorry the whole thing happened. Apparently it's OK to criticize the product being reviewed, but not the reviewer.

I'm sorry to MikeC because sometimes I feel that I may be more trouble than I'm worth. And I'm sorry to the EVGA guys, because they need the [H] for business reasons.

And finally I'm sorry to Kyle....it was unlike me to say those things and be so critical. I am not that type of person. But trust me Kyle you will like the Striker Extreme a lot once you have a good one (a board that works) and some time to spend with it.

So sorry everyone.

It is tempting to take a "real" break from the forums for a while (although we have seen how that turns out aka Tikiman44).

Old 12-07-06, 06:29 PM   #21
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Having a Tiki onboard sure is a fulltime job

I'm glad you made that post Tiki. I've known you offline for a bit now and I was kinda shocked how you acted with all this this.

Now I'm happy you have settled this and put things to rest. I don't think you should retire, maybe just cool things down during the holiday period, I plan to. I think we all plan to
Old 12-07-06, 06:31 PM   #22
TiKiMaN1

Quote:
Old 12-08-06, 01:52 AM   #23
buffbiff21
*B4NNED*

Quote:

from tikiman's profile:

Total Posts: 2,525 (54.82 posts per day)

I have like 6 per day right now...

Can somebody say...

Surfing at work??
Old 12-08-06, 02:35 AM   #24
TiKiMaN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
from tikiman's profile:

Total Posts: 2,525 (54.82 posts per day)

I have like 6 per day right now...

Can somebody say...

Surfing at work??
...long story I really do not post that much.
Closed Thread