Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-06, 12:30 AM   #1
Starscream
Decepticook

Default ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP Edition nForce 590 Review

Just want to point out a mistake that should be fixed.

On page 3 the review reads "There are two PCIe x1 slots (the top of which is unofficially designated for the SupremeFX soundcard) and two PCI slots". Having used this board myself I know that's not true.

The top slot the reviewer is calling a PCIe x1 slot is NOT a pci express slot. If you look a little bit closer you can see that it's backwards and meant only for the sound card for this board. Regular 1x cards aren't going to fit in there and the sound card for this board will not go into the actual pci express 1x slot.

It's very obvious in this picture from the review:
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/asus_p...es/mobo_06.jpg

EDIT

doh, could someone move this to the right spot?
Thanks.
Old 11-24-06, 12:52 AM   #2
superklye

Default Re: ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi-AP Edition nForce 590 Review

You're absolutely right and that was a huge overlook on my part. I saw the port as being the exact same size and wrote it off as being nothing more than an PCIe x1 slot.

I'll fix this as soon as I have access to the files again.

EDIT: And thanks for reading the review and leaving some feedback, even if it's only to point out my stupidity. I apprecaite you taking the time to comment.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-06, 11:54 AM   #3
superklye

I have fixed this.
Old 12-11-06, 12:59 AM   #4
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Hey Superkyle, You do motheboard reviews? How if you live in Milwaukee. And do you get them to keep if you do?
Mr Bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 10:24 AM   #5
superklye

I work for the site. What does my living in Milwaukee have to do with anything? Believe it or not, USPS, Fedex and UPS can deliver pretty much anywhere in the world. Even places as remote and hard to get to as Milwaukee!
Old 12-11-06, 02:04 PM   #6
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

How do you work for the site when the site is out of Virgina? And if so you are on MikceC's payroll? Cool so you guys do know each other in person ha?
Old 12-11-06, 02:08 PM   #7
superklye

I'm able to access the site from here in Milwaukee...so I don't see how my physical location has any bearing on my ability to review hardware and post that review on the internet.
Old 12-11-06, 02:37 PM   #8
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

You have alot of opprotunity for your age. 22 is still considered todays teen. but you must get payed for this or do you live with your parents and their T1 line?

Some of you youngsters have it made these days.

Old 12-11-06, 02:50 PM   #9
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigman
You have alot of opprotunity for your age. 22 is still considered todays teen. but you must get payed for this or do you live with your parents and their T1 line?

Some of you youngsters have it made these days.
Why do you think that my age has anything to do with where I am financially?

I have a full-time job that pays me a lot because I'm awesome at what I do.

I have my own apartment that I pay the rent and all the bills for out of my pocket.

I pay for my own cell phone, my car insurance and the gas used to fuel the truck I bought with money I earned.

I even paid the last two years' worth of tuitition (after my scholarships and loans were applied) to Marquette out of my own pocket. And that wasn't cheap, even with aid.

My parents cut me off a long time ago and I'm thankful for it. As you can see, I'm far above where most 25-28 year olds are, and I'm doing this all myself age the "barely-out-of-my-diapers" age of 22. I have opportunities because I've done what I've needed to in order to have them. This didn't all just happen because of luck.
Old 12-11-06, 04:16 PM   #10
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Its not you. You must be very well off living large. Its today so called popculture That dictates where people are as far as responibilty. Most of the people in the late teens early twenties are usually influenced from drugs and alchohal. It was the same when i was 21. But we went to war so that gave us a way out.

For your age, you must have everthing that the rich techs have. Congrats to your achievements from marquette. THey have very good technology programs their.
Old 12-11-06, 08:46 PM   #11
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigman
Most of the people in the late teens early twenties are usually influenced from drugs and alchohal. It was the same when i was 21.
And it shows.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-06, 08:52 PM   #12
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

crainger is offline   Reply With Quote