Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-07, 09:46 PM   #325
mikedep333

Default Re: Summary of GeForce 8800 Game Issues

After playing Supreme Commander, the only problem seems to be that the game still runs slow with large armies. Still, you should add it as a game that runs fine.
mikedep333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-07, 06:28 AM   #326
Hardcoremadman

Send a message via MSN to Hardcoremadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung

All i get then is this weird mosaic pattern that keeps changing and i have to switch it off completly to make it boot normally.Gonna try another pci-e card in my rig over the weekend to make sure it isnt something else causing it
I had a friend with the same issue (on a ATi x800pro or something) His computer made strange things when it started and kept on making patterns and so... I think his problem was motherboard related. Maybe your PCI-E port that has a problem?

Hehe. An ATi x300? Wow thats performance Do they even make them anymore? One of my friends have one of em' in his notebook.
Old 03-03-07, 08:37 AM   #327
skneo

Quote:
Ï'm having problems with 2 games,fear and rainbow 6 vegas,both freeze up after a while and gives me a weird blocky white mesh sort of on the screen and it will either reboot my machine directly or i have to do it myself,i sometimes hear the audio loop a little bit in the backround during these lockups. I cant alt+tab out of it or open the task manager,just press the button.The strange thing is that i can sometimes play vegas for allmost an hour before it happens so i dunno whats up.

I know others have had similar problems and others the games run fine for on similar hardware.My temps are fine ,the card idles at 51 c,around 70c load.Of all the games i play these 2 or the only ones that do this and im just wondering if anyone found a sollution to the problem or if waitng for a new driver is the best way to go?

I tried nhancer but that didnt help. Ive also shut down one of the cores manually in the taskmanager while running the game but again that didnt help either.Can there be another reason for this than the gfx drivers ? My ram is on asus qvl list for my motherboard and the rest of the system should be up to it.Any help / advice would be appricciated

Im running the latest bios for my motherboard,linkboost is off ,spread spectrums aswell and it doesnt matter if i run unlinked or link mode,default or overclocked,it happens anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcoremadman
I had a friend with the same issue (on a ATi x800pro or something) His computer made strange things when it started and kept on making patterns and so... I think his problem was motherboard related. Maybe your PCI-E port that has a problem?

Hehe. An ATi x300? Wow thats performance Do they even make them anymore? One of my friends have one of em' in his notebook.
i'm having the same problems !!!!

xfx 8800 gtx xxx
asus striker 680i
interl core duo 2 e6700
fw 97.92
850w thermaltake toughtpower cm PSU

it only happens after the first few levels !!!
after that it keeps craching whit wierd blocky colerfull screens
the same happens in the new test drive unlimited !

i think it might be a driver problem

cause all other games run oke here for hours
3dmark 2006 never craches gtr2 rfactor

my pc only has it whit these two games so it cant be the hardware's fault right !?

and my card never goes beyound 70 degress it really stays under that so its not heat !

update: the drivers are just crap on another forum 4 other people like me reported the same problem.

hope the will fix it soon
skneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 11:40 AM   #328
|MaguS|

Anyone able to get the original Rainbow Six to work?
Old 03-04-07, 01:21 AM   #329
sammy sung

I installed vista ultimate last night and lo and behold,the games that hardlocked and BSOD on xp for me,far cry,vegas,fear,TDU all worked perfectly and tdu even looked better,dunno why but the hdr seemed to work a hell of a lot better on vista coupled with 4xaa.This is on one hand amazing for me since ive been loosing hair over this since mid december when i got this rig and its finally working,i can play as long as i want without the games freezing up on me and bluescreen/reboots.

And its also sad and shows how much xp needs nvidias attention right now.I find Vista to be somewhat of a pain to work with,its intrusive and interfeers with everything,you have to allow everything it seems before you can start basicly any application.I atleast know that my card,my mobo and my ram works fine,its just the drivers for xp that doesnt at this time so eventually they will and i wont have to rma and use that piece of crap ati x300 during the downtime(cant say i looked forward to that ) Have pity on us nvidia and release something asap please
Old 03-04-07, 07:12 AM   #330
Grov

Anyone have any issues with Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade? I fired it up,and it crashed to desktop when i tried to load a saved game.
Albatron Geforce 8800GTX (620/1030)
Corsair 620W HX
74GB Raptor
X-Fi Plat
Windows XP Pro SP2
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-07, 07:22 AM   #331
backfiggen
*synth solo*

Serious Sam 2 starts to flicker after one hour or so.

Steam | XBL/GfWL
backfiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-07, 02:37 AM   #332
skneo

Quote:
I installed vista ultimate last night and lo and behold,the games that hardlocked and BSOD on xp for me,far cry,vegas,fear,TDU all worked perfectly and tdu even looked better,dunno why but the hdr seemed to work a hell of a lot better on vista coupled with 4xaa.This is on one hand amazing for me since ive been loosing hair over this since mid december when i got this rig and its finally working,i can play as long as i want without the games freezing up on me and bluescreen/reboots.

And its also sad and shows how much xp needs nvidias attention right now.I find Vista to be somewhat of a pain to work with,its intrusive and interfeers with everything,you have to allow everything it seems before you can start basicly any application.I atleast know that my card,my mobo and my ram works fine,its just the drivers for xp that doesnt at this time so eventually they will and i wont have to rma and use that piece of crap ati x300 during the downtime(cant say i looked forward to that ) Have pity on us nvidia and release something asap please
wierd it hardlocks here on xp and vista

101.41 vista drivers
97.92 xp drivers

what drivers do you use under vista ?
skneo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-07, 02:44 AM   #333
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grov
Anyone have any issues with Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade? I fired it up,and it crashed to desktop when i tried to load a saved game.
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade works flawlessly for me. 97.92 drivers here
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-07, 07:15 AM   #334
tranceboy81

Default Potential Workaround for Lockup, BSOD issues with 8800GTX

I've read a number of documented incompatibility issues between the 8800GTX/GTS cards, the current (and previous) production and beta drivers and any high quality new DDR2 memory installed in pairs.

The workaround is to remove one of the RAM modules. It's not ideal (I know) but it has resolved most/all (so far) issues with 8800GTX and GTS lockups, crashes and BSOD.

I know what your thinking, "This is stupid". I thought so too until I tried it. It worked on my PC and it has worked on 3 other friends PCs (each with different specs, driver versions and the same problem).

Give it a try. Hopefully in the next driver release, Nvidia can code their way out of this problem.
tranceboy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-07, 10:21 AM   #335
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by skneo
wierd it hardlocks here on xp and vista

101.41 vista drivers
97.92 xp drivers

what drivers do you use under vista ?
I'm using 101.41 atm.it also seems i spoke too soon,i had a hardlock under vista late last night while playing TDU Theyre not as frequent but my retailer and BFG support thinks that its because the vista drivers doesnt deliver the same performance yet as the xp drivers do and they suspect the same thing will happen more often when nvidia starts to push the envelope with the vista drivers.

I will rma this card anyway now,my retailer called today and reccomended it and he said that one hard lock under vista was one too many and said in all likelyhood my card is broken .He will exchange it but the model i have is no longer in production and if he cant find one i'll get the oc version instead but at this point i just want the damn thing to work
Old 03-07-07, 07:13 AM   #336
Wolfhound
Moving to new home

Send a message via MSN to Wolfhound Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfhound

I have hardlocks on Company of Heroes, don´t know if it´s the game or the drivers, tried without overclock and the same result hardlock after 10-15 min of playing, i´m leaving this game until new drivers.
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 3,4 | 4Gigs (2x2) OCZ Reaper PC-8500 | Gigabyte P35-DS3R | Western Digital 500G Caviar SE16 SATA2 NCQ | Seagate160 Gig 7200.9 SATA NCQ | Maxtor 300Gig SATA NCQ | Asus Geforce 260GTX | Samsung Syncmaster 930BF 19'' | BeQuiet Straight Power 700W | Cooler Master CM690 |Windows Vista x64 SP2 |Windows XP SP3 [Deceased PSU, no money for new one, stucked with laptop and XBOX 360]

Macbook Pro 13': 4gigs | Core2 Duo 2,53Mhz | 250Gigs HDD |geforce 9400M| aluminium unibody | Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard |gentoo Linux 2.631 kernel

Wolfhound´s Brute: http://wolfhound77.mybrute.com
Wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote