Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-03-07, 11:05 AM   #421
Sausager

Default Re: Summary of GeForce 8800 Game Issues

Gene Troopers

Flickering polygons flying all around the screen in levels with foliage.

Testet with 97.02, 158.19, 162.18.
Sausager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 05:08 PM   #422
nightmare beta
*BANNED*

16 bit color not rendered internally at 32 bit
no option to disable tc (good setting b/c most games don't give option for no tc.)
AVP and other dx6 games messed up.
videos appearing too white
scaling/centering messed up on some cards
purevideo doesn't look as good as ati cards, it was just revealed that nvidia cheated with purevideo
open gl quake 3 engine and glow bug
extended yuv range can only be enabled by editing the registry
registry must be edited for SC: DA
I'm sure there's numerous other issues that I haven't ran into yet
nightmare beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 01:16 PM   #423
Nemesis6

I'm having problems with Oblivion with an 8800 GTX card: When I look around outside, the sky has "tearing" problems: Small black tears appear when I look at the sky and swing my weapon or just when I'm looking around at the sky. I have tried everything: Another 8800 card, reinstalling Oblivion, tried the card(s) in another machine, tried another harddisk, changed the driver profile settings for the game, tried the latest drivers and older ones. I really need help, guys... I've seen only one or two other guys have this problem: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=204561
Nemesis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-08, 06:49 AM   #424
cossacksfan1

Talking Re: Summary of GeForce 8800 Game Issues

To Cossacks Fans

We finally got the PATCH for Cossacks!!! I was arguing and persuading NVIDIA, CDV, GSC for about 1 or 2 months - AND FINALLY, I GOT A RESULT!!!

GSC has released a patch, I just tried it and NOW COSSACKS WORK ON MY GEFORCE 8800 GT!! Running on latest stable NVIDIA drivers v169.21, Windows XP 32bit.

PATCH INFO:
http://www.gsc-game.com/main.php?t=d...ss=299&s=patch

PATCH DOWNLOAD:
http://files.gsc-game.com/cs-dd-patch/cs-dd-patch.exe

P.S. If the link changes, just go to GSC site and look into Updates/Patches!
cossacksfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-08, 02:29 AM   #425
Golly

I got so pissed with this card and Coduo, I put an old 6600LE back in my computer. I rarely play other games, so no huge loss. The drivers are definitely suss - you install the latest drivers, with even a 7xxx series card and the mipmaps are f@#$ed up. My next card (and future cards) will be ATI.

No doubt the snafu has been carried forward into the 9xxx series cards, as well.
Golly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 03:54 AM   #426
matysiak

Lightbulb Gene Trooper problem solved

I have gf 8600 gts and problems seems to be the same. I've found way to avoid them during playing Gene Troopers. First of all in gf nvidia control panel you have to set fsaa setting on aplication controled (if not, you'll get blue screen of death during loading level). Then you should get program called 3d analyze (google it). Run it, choose gt.exe and check option "emulate HW TnL caps" in section "hardware limits (cap bits)" If done correctly, the game should run fine, without glitches. Unfortunetelly it slows down framrate a bit, but hey - you got gf 8800 so ther's noi problem.
matysiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-08, 01:35 PM   #427
Renzo
The Terminator

Gigabyte 8800 Turbo Force edition (700/1715/1840) card with 175.16 WHQL drivers and XP SP3 causes infinite loop error in the driver when playing Armed Assault + Queen's Gambit patched to 1.14.

The error box that pop-ups when the error happens says:
Quote:
Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.
In the event log:
Quote:
The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.
ArmA is the only game that does that, and it happens in less than 30 minutes of gaming. Crysis, COD4, NWN2 xp1, Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary, STALKER, RTHDRIBL and Adrianne tech demo plus few others I forgot to mention work for hours without any problems or rendering errors/flashing textures/whatever.

174.74 driver seems to work stable with ArmA, I played for 3 hours with the set and no problems. Of course I did the usual few hours test run using memtest86+ and prime95 with max heat/power consumption + blend tests running on each core (I have dualcore) to check that my system isn't the cause, but the bug is in the GFX card or its drivers.

I also contacted NVIDIA about this and after few (or ten ) questions and replies I think I got their attention since the information I provided was pretty much the same as above. However, knowing PC hardware it could still be something other than the drivers.
Old 11-12-08, 05:44 AM   #428
Makelaar

black screen, sound in a loop, total freeze, nothing reacts anymore, manually reboot :thumbsdown:

8800GT
happend since march this year (then i got the card and than installed the newest driver).
On the bigger newer games like Crysis or World in Conflict the above happens after 15 minutes or so, but not CoD4 and not on my favo game BF2.
Last week I installed Farcry2, runned good, not great but good and asked after start up for updating Vdriver. Ok it has been a while lets do that even it would run alright things would be better with the new driver? It did for Farcry2. Runs great with RedAlert3 also no problems.

Now listen: installed the latest driver last week. Al games run great, but the pc chrashes (as above) with BF2 after 10 or 15 minutes or so??? After start up, i start gaming BF2 again and it than crashes after only 2 or 3 minutes.

Had to reinstal the old driver again, to play my favo game BF2.

So it must be a driver problem, Nvidia does not be able to fix it in one of there own drivers for more than half a year now.

Come on Nvidia, I always was your #1 fan, dont let met down :">

(am at work now, so dont know the driver versions)

The problems also happens with 9600 cards!
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=60826
Makelaar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-09, 03:32 PM   #429
Renzo
The Terminator

Quote:
Application popup: Windows - Display Driver Stopped Responding : The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft.
Quote:
The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.
Happened with X-Blades earlier today, 178.24 WHQL drivers on EVGA GTX 260 55nm SSC version. Played 4 hours yesterday without problems but today after 2 hours I got that error. So far no other game has done that, but I have a feeling Arma might be another one that is possibly going to do this.

Reporting this here even if the card is GTX 260 since it is very much similar to 8800-series and its derivates, just more shaders/bw.