Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 05:04 AM   #1
chubtor

Default Can anyone identify this card please

Acquired in a job lot of parts.

It is an AGP Graphics card with both VGA and DVI outputs.

On the fan (which covers the chipset and I don't know if it is removable) it has the Nvidia logo and name and NV-1017.

On the paper lablels at the top edge of the board with a bar code it has the following DS/N cn - 054NHR - 44571 - 0B8 - 0503 C/O CN Rev A00

There are two fixed green heatsinks at right angles each covering 4 chips

On the metal fixing bracket for the PC there are the words Purcell CA P166-0005

On the backside in the FCC CE box there is NVidia Corporation 180 - P0032 - 0100 - A02

I would like to have some idea of what it is so that I can download some drivers for it before I install it in a machine.

Any help appreciated.
chubtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 10:18 AM   #2
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Default Re: Can anyone identify this card please

I think its this http://cgi.ebay.com/Nvidia-dual-head...QQcmdZViewItem
nvidia dual head card. Its probably a workstation card.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:38 PM   #3
vmsein

Here's a link with a clearer picture:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NVIDIA-NV-1017...ayphotohosting
vmsein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 11:12 PM   #4
rhink

The pics look like a GF3 class card to me. At least the green heatsink configuration looks exactly like the geforce 3 ti200 I had.

Anyways you just download NV's unified driver set, you don't need to know the exact make and model of it, once it's installed the display properties should tell you.
rhink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 05:08 AM   #5
chubtor

Thanks to all who replied; on my recent visit to the usa I was able to upgrade my daughter's Windows ME to XP and put this card in. It was identified as a GeForce2 Ultra and when the unified drivers were installed it worked perfectly for her. Much better than the old 4Mb Matrox! I don't know how you mark posts in this forum as resolved but please consider it as done so.
chubtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 04:03 PM   #6
DJPier

I have this card and was wondering if I can use it to setup a second monitor for a HP computer that runs Vista. I didn't see any Unified drivers for Vista, but I did find the XP drivers for the Series 2 Ultra... is it even worth trying with the Vista box or should I install it on another machine that's running XP?

All suggestions are appreciated.

DJPier
DJPier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 04:32 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

In all seriousness, you can't use XP drivers on Vista. You'd only get basic 2D functionality out of a card that old with the drivers installed by Windows. You can buy a GeForce 6600, which would have full Vista support from NVIDIA, for only $20. Best to go that route if you want dual monitors in Vista.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-08, 11:25 PM   #8
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPier View Post
I have this card and was wondering if I can use it to setup a second monitor for a HP computer that runs Vista. I didn't see any Unified drivers for Vista, but I did find the XP drivers for the Series 2 Ultra... is it even worth trying with the Vista box or should I install it on another machine that's running XP?

All suggestions are appreciated.

DJPier
Should work fine. Vista *should* have it's own drivers so you mightn't have to download anything for it to work. Especially if it's only running a second monitor.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote