Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 12:45 PM   #13
ViN86

Default Re: Im thinking about buy an xbox 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirtelGuy
should I invest in the 399$ system or buy the 299$ core system?

How can I know if xbox live is supported where I live? because im planning on buying the console in the US (I live in israel).

what are the MUST have games that I should buy with the console? the games that looked most apealing to me are Gears Of Wars, PGR3 and some other racing games, Perfect Dark Zero, GRAW, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Call Of Duty 3 and a couple of more games.. if I need to choose about 2-3 games what should I get so I have AWSOME games and some good variety.

I dont know if it is alowed to talk about it here, but how can I make the 360 read burned cds? I heard it depends on the type of dvd drive I get with the 360 - are all the types hackable?

and the most important question - should I get an xbox 360? :P

the reasons I want to buy one is - first of all compared to my pc and current hardware out it has some awsome hardware and can display good graphics, alot of good games come out to the 360 and some of them that come out to the pc are crappy ports (SCA,R6:V etc...), and its alot of fun playing on a console because you dont have to worry about settings and stuff and its fun playing with the 360 controller and you can play with friends...

oh and another very important thing (!) - I heard the 360 fries after a couple of months - whats with that? how can I avoid it? I heard it only happens when you put it in closed space with no air flow.. I play on putting it on an open table is that ok?

and is there any reason to wait a couple of months with this buy? I really prefer not to [=

thanks alot! please anwser all my questions!
DO NOT GET THE CORE SYSTEM. its such a ripoff.

first, the core system does not come with a HDTV cable, so you have to buy that. then theres no harddrive, forcing you to buy a memory card which are bulky and annoying. theres no wireless controller (i never realized how cool it is until i actually used one and could move around without the wires).

seriously if you add up the costs, the premium system is a deal. also, best buy is selling the system with NFS: most wanted (bundled). its a steal. (just got one this week )

i got COD3, its a pretty good game. wait for halo3 to come out.

EDIT: good choice with the premium
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:12 PM   #14
Connaught

To answer you most recent question:

Hold off a little longer when buying your racing game Froza 2 is coming and will be worth the wait (what I am doing)

if you cannot wait...then get burnout - fun, entertaining, great graphics, great party game.
I am recommending burnout over pgr3 because when Froza 2 comes out pgr3 will be put in the dark...where as burnout is such different game play you may just whip it out every once and a while to do some road raging.

Go premium - XBL Arcade is a blast - Small Arms (party game and XBL Game)
Get the 2nd Wireless - when you have a friend over and playing GOW you will be happy with the purchace
3 Games to buy (different game play): GOW, Kameo, and get your Tony Hawk

Games to think about:
RB6 Vegas, Ninety Nine Nights (try the demo [market place] if you sorta like buy the game [off ebay <$30 great buy] GRAW, COD 3
Connaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:37 PM   #15
stncttr908

Send a message via AIM to stncttr908

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Check out NewEgg.com for your extra wireless controller. I got mine for $10 cheaper than retail price.
Buy.com still has the $20 off Google Checkout option, bringing the wireless down to $30 + shipping. There's no limit to the number of orders you can make either.
PC - | Core i7-2600K @ stock | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 | 4GB Patriot Sector 5 DDR3 | Galaxy GTX 460 1GB @ stock | Corsair Force 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | 320GB Seagate 7200.10 | 2x Seagate 500GB USB 2.0 | Lite-On 20x SATA DVD+RW | Silverstone TJ-09 | Corsair 620W PSU | Logitech Z-5500s | Sennheiser HD-570 headphones | Samsung 2494LW |

Laptop - | Dell Inspiron 1420 | C2D T7300 (2.0GHz, 4MB cache) | 2GB DDR2-667 | 160GB 7200RPM HDD | DVD +/- RW | 14.1" WXGA+ (1440x900) | Broadcom 802.11g | NVIDIA 8400M GS 128MB |
stncttr908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:50 PM   #16
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Anyone have numbers on the core system vs premium? The whole 2 sku's thing pisses me off vastly. I'd like to see real evidence that it helps sales because Im not convinced at all. One baseline product limits batch and shipping complexity, as well as allowing single unit costs to come down over time. Now if the premium had HD-DVD out of the box, and the core was the current premium system, that would be a different monkey all together.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:44 PM   #17
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytaylor
Anyone have numbers on the core system vs premium? The whole 2 sku's thing pisses me off vastly. I'd like to see real evidence that it helps sales because Im not convinced at all. One baseline product limits batch and shipping complexity, as well as allowing single unit costs to come down over time. Now if the premium had HD-DVD out of the box, and the core was the current premium system, that would be a different monkey all together.
I not sure it has helped sales but its great marketing that I think will show its genius in 2007. MS can drop the cores price to $249 to compete directly with the less powerfull Wii and brag about it while using the Premium to further under cut Sony by either dropping the price to say $349 or leaving it at $399 while having more bundle options to draw in buyers. Also the core Blue Dragon bundle in Japan is selling very well.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 04:04 PM   #18
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Numbers? Numbers of what?

Comparison of content can be seen here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...0customize.htm
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 05:09 PM   #19
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Premium you get the hard drive, ethernet cable, headset and a wireless controller and a HD AV lead.

The Core you get the console, a wired gamepad and a crap lead. Pretty much sums it up.... strangely enough with my brother's discount where he works , it was better for me to get the Core and buy the other bits seperate. Rarely works out that well though.

Good time to buy one if you ask me. Bioshock just around the corner!
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 05:12 PM   #20
Lyme

Quote:
thanks for the good anwser.

I meant reading burned 360 games, so you say that if I install a mod chip the xbox live will detect it and ban me? or if it detects burned games? and I heard that there is ways to read burned cds without a hardware mod...

and from what I know the 360 wasnt offically released here - only a few private stores imported it and its very pricey here, thats why I want to buy it int he US.
To date the only way to play burned games is with a modchip, playing on XBL with a modchip in your system will get you banned if MS finds out.

True, I do not have a modded system. True, I don't intend on doing that. True, I haven't looked for one. But if buying non-bootleg games is too pricey for you, you may want to consider not buying a 360 and putting your money to better use. Plus XBL basicly has playable demo's of most games, so you can somewhat tell if you'll like it before you play.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-06, 07:50 PM   #21
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
To date the only way to play burned games is with a modchip, playing on XBL with a modchip in your system will get you banned if MS finds out.

True, I do not have a modded system. True, I don't intend on doing that. True, I haven't looked for one. But if buying non-bootleg games is too pricey for you, you may want to consider not buying a 360 and putting your money to better use. Plus XBL basicly has playable demo's of most games, so you can somewhat tell if you'll like it before you play.
Not true!

For the 360 it's just a case of flashing the firmware of the DVD drive, there are even kits available now where you don't even have to open the case, not quite sure how these work though.

No Mod chips required and currently no way of picking it up.

If I was a bit bolder to invalidate the warranty on mine, i'd probably give it a whirl just to have a play out of curiousity... but as well know, curiousity killed the 360.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:51 AM   #22
AirtelGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme

Its not that its too pricy for me to buy games, good games that are really worth buying im ok with buying and it but there is games that arent so good but I just wanna play them a little.. like fight night 3 has awsome graphics but the game itself isnt that interesting so ill want to have it and play it once in a while...
Monitor: LG L204WT
AirtelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 08:45 AM   #23
Lyme

Quote:
Its not that its too pricy for me to buy games, good games that are really worth buying im ok with buying and it but there is games that arent so good but I just wanna play them a little.. like fight night 3 has awsome graphics but the game itself isnt that interesting so ill want to have it and play it once in a while...
I use the XBL playable demo's for that, they do quite well for the try before you buy.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 11:06 AM   #24
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Wait for the price to drop, or buy a used copy. There's no excuse for piracy.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote