Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 12:46 PM   #1
evilchris

Default So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

"All games will be 1080p, X360 is only partial HD at 720p. PS3 is TruHD!!"

Sony's flagship launch title is 720p.

"The PS3 has 2 HDMI ports!!!"

The PS3 has 1 HDMI port.

"PS3 is backwards compatible with all PS2/PS1 games"

We know what happened here.

"tEH cELL will create mind blowing graphics!!! blowing away the X360!"

X360 has the best looking games and is only getting better with games like GoW.

"PS3 online will blow away Xbox Live! Sony surveyed gamers!!"

It's a joke compared to XBL. Sony learned nothing of Microsoft's improvements. Can't download in background? DUH SONY? How long did XBL users ask MS for this? You couldn't come out the gate with it?

"The PS3 will end the format war at launch!!!"

Nothing happened.

"Sony will be able to ship more consoles than MS did at launch!"

Nope.

The silence is deafening from the PS3 Musketeers concerning these statements. Of course they'll eat whatever Sony bull**** is fed into their mouths.
Old 12-13-06, 12:54 PM   #2
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Old 12-13-06, 12:55 PM   #3
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Not to mention most of the launch titles got pushed back to 2007, most of their exclusives are on the 360 too.

Don't even get me started about their horrendous PS1 downloading service. You seriously mean to tell me I need a PSP to use it? I can't play them on a normal TV? What the hell?! I could pop the disc in and away I go, but if I pay for it again and download it I'm locked into 3 inch screen or whatever the PSP has? Are PSP sales really so bad they have to resort to cheap tricks like this?

I mean I missed out on the PS1 games, so I've been itching to pick up Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 7, Vagrant Story and a few others. But I keep getting my bids sniped on ebay (assholes) so I was sort of hoping that this would work out on the PS3 when I heard about the service. But if I have to buy a PSP if and when these games eventually come out, nuts to that.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 12:55 PM   #4
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
"All games will be 1080p, X360 is only partial HD at 720p. PS3 is TruHD!!"

Sony's flagship launch title is 720p.

"The PS3 has 2 HDMI ports!!!"

The PS3 has 1 HDMI port.

"PS3 is backwards compatible with all PS2/PS1 games"

We know what happened here.

"tEH cELL will create mind blowing graphics!!! blowing away the X360!"

X360 has the best looking games and is only getting better with games like GoW.

"PS3 online will blow away Xbox Live! Sony surveyed gamers!!"

It's a joke compared to XBL. Sony learned nothing of Microsoft's improvements. Can't download in background? DUH SONY? How long did XBL users ask MS for this? You couldn't come out the gate with it?

"The PS3 will end the format war at launch!!!"

Nothing happened.

"Sony will be able to ship more consoles than MS did at launch!"

Nope.

The silence is deafening from the PS3 Musketeers concerning these statements. Of course they'll eat whatever Sony bull**** is fed into their mouths.
You really needed two HDMI outs?

And sorry, 200 out of what? 8000 games are unsupported.... OMG LETZ AL GO TU TEH 360 TO PLAI SOME CHITTY XBOX GAEMS THAT MAY WORX!#@... All MS cares about is if Halo works... nothing else matters, and Halo sucks terribly.

I also love how you complain about the lack of downloading in the background, even though it took XBL a few months to get the same damn thing.

Face the facts, you are a moron.

How does everyone feel about evilchris' failure at life?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 12:57 PM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

if you have at least half of a brain, you should be able to figure long time ago that sony is full of BS.

it was excactly the same story with PS2, all these amazing promises, but as long as there will be dumb people, sony is somewhat safe.
Old 12-13-06, 12:58 PM   #6
Knot3D

BS thread

Right now, Sony didn't deliver 'much' indeed if you'd take old press statements all too seriously and literally, about a gameconsole which was still in development ( yeah, even the final casing changed in late stadium of development ).

People are just way to hasty and preassumptive, jumping to conclusions all
over the place.

PS2 delivered eventually, for ALOT of people. Yeah, maybe not the games which hardcore PC gamers typically like but it did deliver a great PS2 library imo. At the time of the 'jaggies scandal' they wrote off the PS2 prematurely as well. Hail Dreamcast they shouted...
Old 12-13-06, 12:59 PM   #7
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
You really needed two HDMI outs?

And sorry, 200 out of what? 8000 games are unsupported.... OMG LETZ AL GO TU TEH 360 TO PLAI SOME CHITTY XBOX GAEMS THAT MAY WORX!#@... All MS cares about is if Halo works... nothing else matters, and Halo sucks terribly.

I also love how you complain about the lack of downloading in the background, even though it took XBL a few months to get the same damn thing.

Face the facts, you are a moron.

How does everyone feel about evilchris' failure at life?
Oh I see. The lies are all ok because you don't like Halo and you don't need two HDMI outs.

I also MENTIONED IN MY POST that MS took awhile, does that mean Sony needs to take awhile? It's easy. If Sony had a brain they;d learn from MS's mistakes and not make them.

Face the facts, you are gay.

I'll gladly compare my life to yours anyday. Happily married, tons of friends, homeowner, plenty of money, great family. How about yourself hunt? I see you sitting in your parents basement with pizza boxes stacked 10 feet high and Flatley posters stuck on the wall with your own jizz.
Old 12-13-06, 01:00 PM   #8
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
Don't even get me started about their horrendous PS1 downloading service. You seriously mean to tell me I need a PSP to use it? I can't play them on a normal TV? What the hell?! I could pop the disc in and away I go, but if I pay for it again and download it I'm locked into 3 inch screen or whatever the PSP has? Are PSP sales really so bad they have to resort to cheap tricks like this?

I mean I missed out on the PS1 games, so I've been itching to pick up Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy 7, Vagrant Story and a few others. But I keep getting my bids sniped on ebay (assholes) so I was sort of hoping that this would work out on the PS3 when I heard about the service. But if I have to buy a PSP if and when these games eventually come out, nuts to that.
Pretty sure it was the plan all along bud. There will be pc to psp downloads though thats not available yet. So you wont need a ps3 to download them. And after xmas you wont need a psp to play them on the tv. But whatever makes you sleep better. FF tactics, FF7, and Vagrant Story arent even available to buy right now so I don't see why you are stressing it currently.

Old 12-13-06, 01:03 PM   #9
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
BS.

Right now, Sony didn't deliver 'much' indeed if you'd take old press statements all too seriously and literally, about a gameconsole which was still in development ( yeah, even the final casing changed in late stadium of development ).
if they are not sure they can deliver on certain promise, then don't make them, its easy as that.

instead of creating hype and fueling all idiots out there
Old 12-13-06, 01:06 PM   #10
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Pretty sure it was the plan all along bud. There will be pc to psp downloads though thats not available yet. So you wont need a ps3 to download them. And after xmas you wont need a psp to play them on the tv. But whatever makes you sleep better. FF tactics, FF7, and Vagrant Story arent even available to buy right now so I don't see why you are stressing it currently.
Plan all along or not, it's still retarded.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:08 PM   #11
evilchris

Quote:
Logic will not work against a Sony shill. Your efforts are futile.
Old 12-13-06, 01:08 PM   #12
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
It's not retarded, since it was the plan, it was expected. Working on emulation takes time. Of all people, 360 owners should know that best.