Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 01:10 PM   #13
Knot3D

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
if they are not sure they can deliver on certain promise, then don't make them, its easy as that.

instead of creating hype and fueling all idiots out there

Promises on certain hardware / peripherals / features, aside...

Nobody knows jack **** atm at what games will shape the PS3 library.
It's way too early to make that judgement.

There'll be PS3 games which will define the PS3 gameslibrary and establish it as a force to be reckoned with.

What ppl cannot see right now, they don't believe. That's how most ppl's minds work. They can't comprehend beyond short term, short sighted thinking.

A year or 1,5 year from now, a PS3 might very well be worth the purchase ; delivering a great gaming experience, despite that it isn't 100% exactly inline with pre launch statements about petty hardware feature promises.
Old 12-13-06, 01:11 PM   #14
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
It's not retarded, since it was the plan, it was expected. Working on emulation takes time. Of all people, 360 owners should know that best.
But...it's not an emulation issue! The PS3 can already play PS1 games! It's an artificial boundary to sell more PSPs and nothing more!

Saying "It's not retarded because it's the plan" is the most logically fallacious thing I've ever heard! If I made a plan to spend $500 on stock for the Phantom console every month as an investment strategy, does that make it not retarded just because thats the plan?

So, now you're just going out of your way to act like a shill.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:11 PM   #15
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D

A year or 1,5 year from now, a PS3 might very well be worth the purchase ; delivering a great gaming experience, despite that it isn't 100% exactly inline with pre launch statements about petty hardware feature promises.
Sony *defined* the PS3 as the "dawn of HD", since everything would be 1080p. Is that petty?
Old 12-13-06, 01:13 PM   #16
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok

He *is* a shill!
Old 12-13-06, 01:20 PM   #17
superklye

Quote:
But...it's not an emulation issue! The PS3 can already play PS1 games! It's an artificial boundary to sell more PSPs and nothing more!

Saying "It's not retarded because it's the plan" is the most logically fallacious thing I've ever heard! If I made a plan to spend $500 on stock for the Phantom console every month as an investment strategy, does that make it not retarded just because thats the plan?

So the PS3 is able to play CDs? Or is it a special case because it's game data on the PS1 discs opposed to music data?

And does the PS3 play SACD?
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:21 PM   #18
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:

lol, do you even know what is going on? We are talking emulation. There are no discs involved. How do you think the psp is playing these games. The ps3 will be using similar methods

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154561
Quote:
Harrison also explained how the PS1 downloads will initially be for play only on the PSP, but will later work on the PS3 when the emulation software is available. The beauty is that one download will be playable on both PlayStation machines, console and portable. According to Harrison, we can expect the games to be playable on PS3 by year's end. Of course, actual PS1 and PS2 games (not downloaded) will play on the PS3 right from the start.
the date on this was 10/20/2006, as I said this was expected and should be no surprise. Something that should be no surprise and known for ages is all of a sudden some controversial marketing ploy?

I ask again why are you even stressing it. The games you wanted arent even available yet (and we dont even know if they will be in the future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
And does the PS3 play SACD?
afaik, yes. though talks of it being improved have been mentioned on other forums.
Old 12-13-06, 01:21 PM   #19
Knot3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Sony *defined* the PS3 as the "dawn of HD", since everything would be 1080p. Is that petty?
It's still 'dawn' and a large percentage of gamers still don't even have a true 1080P panel.

In any case ; i would choose a brilliant game from the makers of Ico ( Sony 1st party dev ) over generic shooter # billion, even if the latter features a higher resolution.

Of course, i'm enjoying X360 gaming right now. If PAL PS3'd be available now, i would even hold off getting a PS3, but i really do think it'll be worth it eventually.

Ico team, Silent Hill makers etc etc. All worth waiting for another year.

there's already games like Lair coming up which, correct me if i'm wrong, was stated to be 1080P, right ?
Old 12-13-06, 01:23 PM   #20
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

I think that as time goes on the PS3 will be well worth it especially as the decent games begin to hit. I cant wait to get mine.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-06, 01:26 PM   #21
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
I think that as time goes on the PS3 will be well worth it especially as the decent games begin to hit. I cant wait to get mine.
Amazing. I can't understand why anyone would "not be able to wait" to shell out $600 for a piece of crap.

Sony, while completely inept at producing a console, are geniuses at brainwashing morons into giving them money. I really need to figure out how Sony does this. I take 3 ****s a day. With Sony's ability, I could make like $1800 a day for sitting on the toilet!
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:26 PM   #22
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Amazing. I can't understand why anyone would "not be able to wait" to shell out $600 for a piece of crap.

Sony, while completely inept at producing a console, are geniuses at brainwashing morons into giving them money. I really need to figure out how Sony does this. I take 3 ****s a day. With Sony's ability, I could make like $1800 a day for sitting on the toilet!
Old 12-13-06, 01:29 PM   #23
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
lol, do you even know what is going on? We are talking emulation. There are no discs involved. How do you think the psp is playing these games. The ps3 will be using similar methods

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154561

the date on this was 10/20/2006, as I said this was expected and should be no surprise. Something that should be no surprise and known for ages is all of a sudden some controversial marketing ploy?

I ask again why are you even stressing it. The games you wanted arent even available yet (and we dont even know if they will be in the future).

afaik, yes. though talks of it being improved have been mentioned on other forums.
That doesn't even make sense! Explain to me how it could be an emulation issue? What, they have to emulate a CD-drive? Oh god, thats impossible! How in the world will they ever pull that off. I'm sure it does have to be emulated on the PSP, but I wasn't talking about the PSP, I was talking about the PS3, which can play PS1 games off a CD, so there is no legitimate reason I wouldn't be able to play them off the HD. Period. End of discussion. You are wrong.

It annoys me because its so close to a feature I would use, but instead they expect me to shell out $200 on a PSP in addition to the $600 for a PS3 just so I can play those 10 year old games on a 3 inch screen, when there is no legitimate reason I shouldn't be able to play them on my 32 inch screen, without the PSP.

I guess I'm stuck trying to avoid bid snipers on ebay till then.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 01:29 PM   #24
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan

Peharps you STFU and crawl back into that s******e you sprouted from. I will be buying a PS3 as soon as its released here because my favourite games will be coming out for it. Get it? If you dont like it thats your business.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote