Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-06, 02:32 PM   #25
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
Peharps you STFU and crawl back into that s******e you sprouted from. I will be buying a PS3 as soon as its released here because my favourite games will be coming out for it. Get it? If you dont like it thats your business.
Pokemon 1, Pokemon revenge? which games? Big Tittied Blue Haired Underage Anime Volleyball?
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:32 PM   #26
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
Peharps you STFU and crawl back into that s******e you sprouted from. I will be buying a PS3 as soon as its released here because my favourite games will be coming out for it. Get it? If you dont like it thats your business.
Interesting. And they get pissed off in violent defense any time you try to show them common logic.

hmmm. I think it has to do with the "promises" that Sony makes regarding "bringing your favorite games to the PS3." Interesting.

Man, Sony really needs to teach a class on this. I know I'd be the first one in line.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:34 PM   #27
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Big Tittied Blue Haired Underage Anime Volleyball?
Maybe that's it. I've always heard rumors that anime porn can be addictive.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:34 PM   #28
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Interesting. And they get pissed off in violent defense any time you try to show them common logic.

hmmm. I think it has to do with the "promises" that Sony makes regarding "bringing your favorite games to the PS3." Interesting.

Man, Sony really needs to teach a class on this. I know I'd be the first one in line.
The defensiveness is hilarious isn't it?
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:36 PM   #29
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
The defensiveness is hilarious isn't it?
I'm just amazed at how Sony is doing it. This is about the only example I know of where people are willing to pay more money for an inferior product.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:38 PM   #30
Bad_Boy
god of war.
 
Bad_Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: greensboro, nc.
Posts: 2,912
Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
That doesn't even make sense! Explain to me how it could be an emulation issue? What, they have to emulate a CD-drive? Oh god, thats impossible! How in the world will they ever pull that off. I'm sure it does have to be emulated on the PSP, but I wasn't talking about the PSP, I was talking about the PS3, which can play PS1 games off a CD, so there is no legitimate reason I wouldn't be able to play them off the HD. Period. End of discussion. You are wrong.
What does this have to do with a cd drive. You think these are 1:1 ISO's of game discs? These files must be both compatible with the psp and the ps3. Therefore similar emulation must be used. Obviously the ps3 emulation hasnt been finished yet. Programming for the PSP is not the same as programing for the PS3.

Quote:
It annoys me because its so close to a feature I would use, but instead they expect me to shell out $200 on a PSP in addition to the $600 for a PS3 just so I can play those 10 year old games on a 3 inch screen, when there is no legitimate reason I shouldn't be able to play them on my 32 inch screen, without the PSP.
So let me get this straight. You dont have a PSP, you dont have a PS3, and this will all be solved in probably less than a month, yet you are still gassing up over it? Even when the games you are trying to go ebay over are not even available and have no mention of ever being available yet? I dont buy that. no sir.
__________________
[PS ID: Bad_Boy]
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:42 PM   #31
rek075
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 272
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Sony always fails to meet initial hype. The only reason why PS1 and PS2 did so well is:

1. Marketing
2. Developer Support
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:45 PM   #32
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy

So let me get this straight. You dont have a PSP, you dont have a PS3, and this will all be solved in probably less than a month, yet you are still gassing up over it? Even when the games you are trying to go ebay over are not even available and have no mention of ever being available yet? I dont buy that. no sir.
Some people research purchases. Others are blind fanboys and buy with no regard to logic. Like you.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-06, 02:45 PM   #33
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer
 
Namrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Herndon, VA
Posts: 1,433
Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
So let me get this straight. You dont have a PSP, you dont have a PS3, and this will all be solved in probably less than a month, yet you are still gassing up over it? Even when the games you are trying to go ebay over are not even available and have no mention of ever being available yet? I dont buy that. no sir.
What, thats not allowed? Sony is holding out on me just to try to sell me another failing device. And just because the games I mentioned aren't out yet doesn't mean there are no games that I want. Like I said, I missed out on the entire PS1 generation, those are just the highlights of what I want.

And I'll admit, I'm also steamed because their system seems downright archaic compared to Nintendo's VC system. Man, I almost wish Nintendo decided make their NES classics only playable on the DS, just to see Sony fanboys complaining about "Nintendo is only trying to sell us DSs" (just like they did when Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords or whichever game it was required a GBA or whatever the tie it was, which was pretty messed up for the record). Then your blatant fanboyism would be out for all to see.
__________________
Xbox360 GamerTag : Horkthane
PSN: Horkthane
SteamID: Namrok
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:47 PM   #34
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Anyone else find it amusing that most compaints and bitching about the PS3 and Sony are from people who do not own none of their consoles? I mean if you don't play neither of their consoles nor care to ever purchase one, why the hell do you care about what they say? It's pretty clear that us owners and supports really don't give a crap about what you have to say.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:48 PM   #35
Knot3D
Registered User
 
Knot3D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: ShadowMosesIsland
Posts: 734
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Well, for starters there's the F1 racing exclusivity. Maybe it's not so popular in the USA, but i've always liked it.

I did enjoy The Getaway 1, despite it's shortcomings and I'm looking forward to anything coming from Konami who have been more or less faithful to Sony platforms.

Only for people who like American styled games over other games which defined PS2, like Ico, Silent Hill, FF etc, ....yeah those people might be better off sticking with solely an XBox360.
__________________
AMD X2 4800, Asus A8N32sli-D, Corsair Twinx 2Gb PC3500LLpro, Asus X1900XTX & 2 WD Raptors
Knot3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:50 PM   #36
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Anyone else find it amusing that most compaints and bitching about the PS3 and Sony are from people who do not own none of their consoles? I mean if you don't play neither of their consoles nor care to ever purchase one, why the hell do you care about what they say? It's pretty clear that us owners and supports really don't give a crap about what you have to say.
Why are you in this thread? Why do you defend Sony in each and every case? Here's why: you give a crap about what we have to say.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.