Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 01:51 PM   #37
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

I don't hate the Playstation, or it's games, or any of the Playstation developers. If people like the PS3 better than the <insert console here>, okay, that's their own prerogative.

I do, however, hate Sony. I hate the ****tards that run the company and blatant lies, bull**** PR, and arrogance they spread through the industry. If Sony would stop being such a lying pack of asshats I would have absolutely no problem with them (and subsequently, some of their products). But no, Sony feels the only way to be successful in the market is if they lie, lie, and lie some more about their product, so I've developed a strong moral indignation against them, and I act accordingly.
Old 12-13-06, 01:53 PM   #38
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
What, thats not allowed? Sony is holding out on me just to try to sell me another failing device. And just because the games I mentioned aren't out yet doesn't mean there are no games that I want. Like I said, I missed out on the entire PS1 generation, those are just the highlights of what I want.
I never said it's not allowed. Thats crazy. I'm saying whats the point of complaining about something that wont affect you. From the sounds of things this will be all fixed by the time you get a PS3. If anything, I should be the one complaining about this. (I'm not too big on this so it doesnt bug me as much. As long as it will be released before jet moto and warhawk are out...I'm good; Plus I've had a psp for almost 2 years now, and I own a PS3. So it's not the end of the world.)

Quote:

And I'll admit, I'm also steamed because their system seems downright archaic compared to Nintendo's VC system. Man, I almost wish Nintendo decided make their NES classics only playable on the DS, just to see Sony fanboys complaining about "Nintendo is only trying to sell us DSs" (just like they did when Crystal Chronicles or Four Swords or whichever game it was required a GBA or whatever the tie it was, which was pretty messed up for the record). Then your blatant fanboyism would be out for all to see.
I really dont care much about the Wii issues cause it doesnt involve my interests. Therefore you probably wont see me complaining regardless what was missing from the Wii's lineup. Hell, you could even say im jealous of gunstar heroes being on the Wii. I've been looking for the japanese PS2 version everywhere. You think I would be trolling if gunstar heroes wasnt available and/or only available on the DS for a limited time? lol No sweat off my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Anyone else find it amusing that most compaints and bitching about the PS3 and Sony are from people who do not own none of their consoles? I mean if you don't play neither of their consoles nor care to ever purchase one, why the hell do you care about what they say? It's pretty clear that us owners and supports really don't give a crap about what you have to say.
Tell me about it.
Old 12-13-06, 01:55 PM   #39
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
From the sounds of things this will be all fixed by the time you get a PS3.
Thats funny. You are trying to say that Sony will work this out, because they said they would, in a thread full of unfulfilled promises by Sony.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:04 PM   #40
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Thats funny. You are trying to say that Sony will work this out, because they said they would, in a thread full of unfulfilled promises by Sony.
Key words..."From the sounds of things". Keep spinning though, its kinda funny.
You have not proved one point to me today.

Whenever they do get this thing out, I hope you have had your ps3 before then; otherwise all this ps1 emulation bitching is pointless.
Old 12-13-06, 02:18 PM   #41
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i dont hate sony at all. i dont even mind the marketing they use. what saddens me is the complete and utter loyalty of their fanbase. its uncanny how people are willing to buy this console (which may be great in a year) and spout off about its ability to creat a next gen gaming experience only cause sony says it does. the wii is a new way of gaming, the 360 is mainstream and well established. sony didnt use any of the knowledge that MS aquired through trial and error. I dont understand that.

this whole thing with people buying a ps3 just cause sony says its great is like someone buying a ferrari thats had its motor swapped out with a duratec v6. sure, it loks great, and COULD BE fast... but its just a bunch of empty promises
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:21 PM   #42
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Anyone else find it amusing that most compaints and bitching about the PS3 and Sony are from people who do not own none of their consoles? I mean if you don't play neither of their consoles nor care to ever purchase one, why the hell do you care about what they say? It's pretty clear that us owners and supports really don't give a crap about what you have to say.
I stay in these threads purely for comedic purposes.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:26 PM   #43
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
it loks great, and COULD BE fast... but its just a bunch of empty promises
qft. that's the most annoying part, sony fanboys who want to spend more now and wait longer to be on par/performance with currently available hardware, that's what i don't understand.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:28 PM   #44
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
qft. that's the most annoying part, sony fanboys who want to spend more now and wait longer to be on par/performance with currently available hardware, that's what i don't understand.
but sony says it the shizzle, so its gotta be!!

Old 12-13-06, 02:32 PM   #45
rek075

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
but sony says it the shizzle, so its gotta be!!
Actually, the word they used in their PSP "rap" viral campaign was "shizzie" not "shizzle".
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 02:56 PM   #46
zoomy942

ha ha okay.

well, sony wants us to think its some sort of izzle
Old 12-13-06, 03:03 PM   #47
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

I'd rather convert to Islam than buy a PS3.... LOL
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:33 PM   #48
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I'd rather convert to Islam than buy a PS3.... LOL
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote