Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-13-06, 03:35 PM   #49
evilchris

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I'd rather convert to Islam than buy a PS3.... LOL
The followers of both are actually quite simiar.
Old 12-13-06, 03:37 PM   #50
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Evilchris you and others really need to stop this goal of trying to make PS3 owners feel bad. Its not fair at all how some threads are derailed and in this case created as if you want us to regret our purchases. There is no disdain shown towards the Wii or 360 and same consideration should be shown towards the PS3. Its has not even truly began its life cycle yet and should at least given the chance to succeed. Not all console wow everyone at launch and its why many wait before buying one but many of us do by launch consoles and dont regret it one bit.

Also many of us like the Playstation because of the games and it has nothing to really do with Sony as company. We are in for the games while some seem to hate the system because the name Sony is branded on it. I will admit that I favor the 360 because of the games more geared towards my taste but I still enjoy my other consoles and should not along with others have to constantly defend a piece or hardware we choose to buy and and choose to like. Give it a rest man.

And the mods should really step up and stop the mess thats going on in this section because it cannot be that everyone is allowed to enjoy what they like except for PS3 owners. We cannot have every topic about the PS3 turn into negativity and why PS3 owners should feel bad. We are gamers and should like games regardless of the platform.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:37 PM   #51
superklye

You need to stop feeling regret for your purchase and ignore the threads then.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:39 PM   #52
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
We are in for the games while some seem to hate the system because the name Sony is branded on it.
That'd be all very well and good if there actually were any games for the PS3.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:54 PM   #53
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnotaku
That'd be all very well and good if there actually were any games for the PS3.
For some Resistance and even Call of Duty 3 is enough. For me the PS2 back catalog many of which I missed like Gran Turismo 4, Resident Evil 4, Bully and Final Fantasy XII was incentive enough as I have not had a PS2 for awhile now. But even though I would not recommend a PS3 over a 360 at this time to a fellow gamer trying to choose I still I think there should be less of these threads just out of respect for those that have and prefer the PS3.
Old 12-13-06, 03:57 PM   #54
superklye

Quote:
For some Resistance and even Call of Duty 3 is enough. For me the PS2 back catalog many of which I missed like Gran Turismo 4, Resident Evil 4, Bully and Final Fantasy XII was incentive enough as I have not had a PS2 for awhile now. But even though I would not recommend a PS3 over a 360 at this time to a fellow gamer trying to choose I still I think there should be less of these threads just out of respect for those that have and prefer the PS3.
You make it sound like you're some kind of minority ethnicity or special interest group.

You're not. It's a console that you happen to own and many feel is a POS. Deal with it and if these threads bother you that much, DON'T READ THEM.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-06, 03:58 PM   #55
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye
You make it sound like you're some kind of minority ethnicity or special interest group.

You're not. It's a console that you happen to own and many feel is a POS. Deal with it and if these threads bother you that much, DON'T READ THEM.
Problem is that a normal thread about a game gets derailed by the usual suspects...
Old 12-13-06, 04:05 PM   #56
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

i think its time for one of these
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-06, 04:05 PM   #57
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Problem is that a normal thread about a game gets derailed by the usual suspects...
Thats my main problem superklye. Its all fine and dandy some hate the system or just prefer another but the biggest problem is the constant derailment of threads by the same persons. You cannot say or make a thread on anything good about the system without "leet" talk are some other crap. This not the political section and there should not be so much drama every time PS3 is mentioned.
Old 12-13-06, 04:12 PM   #58
evilchris

Quote:
Evilchris you and others really need to stop this goal of trying to make PS3 owners feel bad. Its not fair at all how some threads are derailed and in this case created as if you want us to regret our purchases. There is no disdain shown towards the Wii or 360 and same consideration should be shown towards the PS3. Its has not even truly began its life cycle yet and should at least given the chance to succeed. Not all console wow everyone at launch and its why many wait before buying one but many of us do by launch consoles and dont regret it one bit.

Also many of us like the Playstation because of the games and it has nothing to really do with Sony as company. We are in for the games while some seem to hate the system because the name Sony is branded on it. I will admit that I favor the 360 because of the games more geared towards my taste but I still enjoy my other consoles and should not along with others have to constantly defend a piece or hardware we choose to buy and and choose to like. Give it a rest man.

And the mods should really step up and stop the mess thats going on in this section because it cannot be that everyone is allowed to enjoy what they like except for PS3 owners. We cannot have every topic about the PS3 turn into negativity and why PS3 owners should feel bad. We are gamers and should like games regardless of the platform.
360 early adopters endured the same crap from PS3 faboys last year. Tit for tat.

Who said you have to defend your console? Just don't click the thread.
Old 12-13-06, 04:12 PM   #59
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
...exactly as you do to x360 threads.

You need to look in the mirror magus. All of the **** you bitch about you do yourself. At least I know where I stand. Magus is a lot like a liberal. Crys about **** done to him that he does to others.
Old 12-13-06, 04:17 PM   #60
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

well, id like to announce that im here just to be entertained by evilchris.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote