Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-14-06, 12:17 AM   #73
Badboy_12345

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
What does this have to do with a cd drive. You think these are 1:1 ISO's of game discs? These files must be both compatible with the psp and the ps3. Therefore similar emulation must be used. Obviously the ps3 emulation hasnt been finished yet. Programming for the PSP is not the same as programing for the PS3.
what why arent they 1:1 iso's of game discs? that doesnt even make sense! the only thing they need to emulate is a cd-driver! and it should work on the ps3 or they are doing something horribly wrong.

stop with the "programming" BS! Its just more of Sony BS...
they just want to trick people into buying the psp...
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 12:22 AM   #74
Badboy_12345

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Anyone else find it amusing that most compaints and bitching about the PS3 and Sony are from people who do not own none of their consoles? I mean if you don't play neither of their consoles nor care to ever purchase one, why the hell do you care about what they say? It's pretty clear that us owners and supports really don't give a crap about what you have to say.
I have owned a ps1 and own a ps2 now and I love em both. Also own a psp but I like the NDS better
Hell one of the best games I have ever played are on the ps2, God of War..

But the ps3 is crap, its just too little too late.
Old 12-14-06, 12:35 AM   #75
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

In the voice of Mr. T: "I pity the foo who buy a PS3".

Seriously, $500 (more like $600 since the 20gb looks like it can't be found, or so I've heard, maybe I'm wrong!), for like what, 1 game and a bunch of demos? Puh-leaze. The Wii looks like so much more fun. For the moment I'll stick to my Xbox 360 that I've had for 6 months now. Might buy a Wii sometime. With Gran Turismo HD cancelled and GT5 prolly like 1-1.5 year away, no PS3 for me for a long time.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 04:41 AM   #76
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D
BS thread

Right now, Sony didn't deliver 'much' indeed if you'd take old press statements all too seriously and literally, about a gameconsole which was still in development ( yeah, even the final casing changed in late stadium of development ).

People are just way to hasty and preassumptive, jumping to conclusions all
over the place.

PS2 delivered eventually, for ALOT of people. Yeah, maybe not the games which hardcore PC gamers typically like but it did deliver a great PS2 library imo. At the time of the 'jaggies scandal' they wrote off the PS2 prematurely as well. Hail Dreamcast they shouted...
That's simply not true.

Sony didn't do a bit of "old press statements" that everybody "wildly misinterpretted" and "took too seriously", Sony LIED and they did so on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS and what's worse, they're the first and best company to go out and pick on the other companies for not being next-gen or HD enough.

No one was hasty or anything. Sony let out too much BS and brought it all on themselfs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Oh I see. The lies are all ok because you don't like Halo and you don't need two HDMI outs.

I also MENTIONED IN MY POST that MS took awhile, does that mean Sony needs to take awhile? It's easy. If Sony had a brain they;d learn from MS's mistakes and not make them.

Face the facts, you are gay.

I'll gladly compare my life to yours anyday. Happily married, tons of friends, homeowner, plenty of money, great family. How about yourself hunt? I see you sitting in your parents basement with pizza boxes stacked 10 feet high and Flatley posters stuck on the wall with your own jizz.
I nearly spilled juice all over the place reading that

I'm not taking any's party here, just saying that it was hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
360 early adopters endured the same crap from PS3 faboys last year
/signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
i think its time for one of these
Definently!

Anyway to answer the question of the title, I simply feel disappointed and relieved at the same time. On one hand I would have like to see another really cool console with a lot of great features and games on the market so I could go about and dream of buying a PS3, maybe doing so one day. At least trying it at a friends house for some awesome experiences I couldn't get with my Xbox360. On the other hand I'm relieved that Sony is so weak this time around (at least the first year after launch, which gives X360 a two-year lead) because the competition between X360 and PS3 will probably be more equal given that the aware consumer will buy the X360 and the ignorent consumer/hardcore Playstation fan will buy PS3, probably making them about equal in the end. No doubt the PS3 owners are the real losers in this initial PS3 failure, so as a X360/Wii owner, I don't care that much in the end.

With the Xbox-name so good established on the market now, I feel that I would be better if they were more equally attractive in the next-next-gen
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:03 AM   #77
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Well, personally, I never take anything either of the $$$ companies say seriously. I just KNOW that the games will be awesome on the new console, and thats about it. Its a very smart-ass attitude to say that sony underdelievered, while knowing very well there was no chance in hell anything like that will happen over night. I take everything sony said just like everything MS said (like the rediculous claim of the ZEN of gaming...).

Everyone should know by now that everything these people say is said with the wrong time-affiliated words. You (everyone that is) knows very well that bombastic claims like the ones we were hearing are aimed at the future, not present.

And with this I offer one more time to open a flame-only console wars sub-forum in this blasted section of the website.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:42 AM   #78
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
Well, personally, I never take anything either of the $$$ companies say seriously. I just KNOW that the games will be awesome on the new console, and thats about it. Its a very smart-ass attitude to say that sony underdelievered, while knowing very well there was no chance in hell anything like that will happen over night. I take everything sony said just like everything MS said (like the rediculous claim of the ZEN of gaming...).

Everyone should know by now that everything these people say is said with the wrong time-affiliated words. You (everyone that is) knows very well that bombastic claims like the ones we were hearing are aimed at the future, not present.

And with this I offer one more time to open a flame-only console wars sub-forum in this blasted section of the website.
Don't lie to yourself. Sony didn't make little exaggerations but downright lies all the way through. And you can't compare Microsoft and Sony in the field of lying in any way. Microsoft did the usual "We Microsoft, the industrial leaders, hereby announces the absolute leading edge console with ZEN gaming and bla bla bla", but no specific promises they couldn't kept. Sony were specific in their promises (which many of them they broke) and the the hints they gave the public about the PS3's capabilities with Motorstorm/Killzone2 presentation wasn't innocent exaggerations - the intentions of deceit is clear here. Exercising hindsight, saying you never believed in ANYTHING ANYONE said is easy. It's also cheap because many of the things evilchris mentions in the first post are realistic, not some obvious far-fetched marketing BS. And it still doesn't change who the biggest BS'er was and it doesn't change that many people believed many of Sony's promises.
Old 12-14-06, 05:51 AM   #79
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

Oh common, the thing was just released... and you say that you didnt believe them either, so whats the problem? And for the record, ZEN of gaming = everything Sony said. So lets not play the who is filthier here please, were not kids. Atleast most of us here arent. I hope.

Like someone else on this forum said, the PS2 eventually delivered far beyond expectations. So I think you can appreciate that these lies, while they are still lies, are only lies for so long, eh? And Im talking about the stuff that we actually care about, not the 1HDMI vs 2HDMIs.....
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 06:08 AM   #80
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

People took 'the Zen of gaming' literally? It's a figure of speech for 'it's going to be great'.

That's not lying.

-Aristotle
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-06, 06:14 AM   #81
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

To be honest, the only lie Microsoft made that comes to mind was when they said that anybody would be able to sell any of their custom creations on the marketplace.

Then again, they have given us XNA and the creators club within a year, which is rather exciting and more than I ever thought they'd pull off. I mean seriously, with a name like XNA it just sounds like pure marketing BS. But they've been delivering.

But still. How is Skatefan64 going to sell his custom board designs for Tony Hawk?! Or whatever lame example they used.

At least the stuff they lied about was stuff I'm not sure anybody cared about. As opposed to, I don't know, "Aging SD Content".
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 07:55 AM   #82
Badboy_12345

Quote:
Oh common, the thing was just released... and you say that you didnt believe them either, so whats the problem? And for the record, ZEN of gaming = everything Sony said. So lets not play the who is filthier here please, were not kids. Atleast most of us here arent. I hope.

Like someone else on this forum said, the PS2 eventually delivered far beyond expectations. So I think you can appreciate that these lies, while they are still lies, are only lies for so long, eh? And Im talking about the stuff that we actually care about, not the 1HDMI vs 2HDMIs.....
so every game on the ps3 is 1080p.. oh look it isnt
sony just came with a bunch of lies over and over again about everything about the ps3...
Old 12-14-06, 08:12 AM   #83
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
so every game on the ps3 is 1080p.. oh look it isnt
sony just came with a bunch of lies over and over again about everything about the ps3...
not just about ps3, sony lies about everything they do
Old 12-14-06, 08:17 AM   #84
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:

Give me a break. Stop spitting out bull**** and give us some concrete examples. We have given you plenty of lame Sony lies. Your turn.