Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-14-06, 09:14 AM   #85
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3avyM3tal
Oh common, the thing was just released... and you say that you didnt believe them either, so whats the problem? And for the record, ZEN of gaming = everything Sony said. So lets not play the who is filthier here please, were not kids. Atleast most of us here arent. I hope.

Like someone else on this forum said, the PS2 eventually delivered far beyond expectations. So I think you can appreciate that these lies, while they are still lies, are only lies for so long, eh? And Im talking about the stuff that we actually care about, not the 1HDMI vs 2HDMIs.....

im not taking sides here either, but one thing has to be mentioned... the hdmi issue is a case in point.. they lied. 100%. if im sony, I dont say "yahoo, 2 HDMI's" and then offer one. its like going to get new tires for you car.. they say "sure, we'll put all 4 on your car" then they only put on 3. its a lie and its misleading. what sony's marketing did was tell everyone wonderful things, the fanboys jumped on-board, and then didnt deliver. the fanboys dont care, as they will say things "but, but, but you dont need 2 HDMI's". the issue isnt whether i need them or not, its that simple facvt that sony said that was a feature and it wasnt.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 09:24 AM   #86
Bearclaw

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomy942
well, id like to announce that im here just to be entertained by evilchris.
Same here.
Old 12-14-06, 09:34 AM   #87
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

To be honest, I think it's just a difference in company culture. I mean, have you seen commercials for Japanese products that air in that country? Everything, from chewing gum to used panties claims it will enrich your life in amazing ways, cure cancer, make you wake up happier each day, cause rays of sunshine to follow you everywhere, and fulfill your wildest dreams.

It makes advertising in the US seem almost responsible! American companies just have a different culture when it comes to making promises. It tends to be "STFU until you can actually deliver." American advertisers at least restrict their lies to plausible claims of being better than competition. None of this "I think it will instill a sense of responsibility in people and make them work harder to attain it" bull****.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 09:56 AM   #88
H3avyM3tal
SB's Twin Blades

You people are unbelievable... The thing just released... if in 1 year it wont be any better, than I'll jump on the same wagon as you guys, but until than... Like I said, I take "promises" from every company as a "this will be the case in the future - one way or another". But its not like 1 HDMI totally sux, and the fact thta not every game is in 1080p - while true its not happening now, but - oh screw it. Wait half a year and I'll join you in the "burn in hell sony" cult.
Now youre just being plain bull-headed.
H3avyM3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 10:05 AM   #89
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrok
To be honest, I think it's just a difference in company culture. I mean, have you seen commercials for Japanese products that air in that country? Everything, from chewing gum to used panties claims it will enrich your life in amazing ways, cure cancer, make you wake up happier each day, cause rays of sunshine to follow you everywhere, and fulfill your wildest dreams.

It makes advertising in the US seem almost responsible! American companies just have a different culture when it comes to making promises. It tends to be "STFU until you can actually deliver." American advertisers at least restrict their lies to plausible claims of being better than competition. None of this "I think it will instill a sense of responsibility in people and make them work harder to attain it" bull****.

thats a good point
Old 12-14-06, 10:06 AM   #90
zoomy942

Quote:
You people are unbelievable... The thing just released... if in 1 year it wont be any better, than I'll jump on the same wagon as you guys, but until than... Like I said, I take "promises" from every company as a "this will be the case in the future - one way or another". But its not like 1 HDMI totally sux, and the fact thta not every game is in 1080p - while true its not happening now, but - oh screw it. Wait half a year and I'll join you in the "burn in hell sony" cult.
your very correct, and i see you points. they are all valid. about the games, im sure later on there will be 1080 ones. but they cant add another hdmi later on, so that cant go in the category of "itll be there later"
Old 12-14-06, 10:14 AM   #91
superklye

Quote:
But see, that's the thing...it was just released OVER A YEAR AFTER THE 360!

Sony had plenty of time to observe public reaction to the 360 and make necessary adjustments to be as good or better than the 360. And they simply chose to ignore all that and make the same mistakes MS did and then some. I have no sympathy for Sony and I won't give them a year to get it in gear. They already had that year and chose to instead try and find ways to force another proprietary format down our throats.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 10:15 AM   #92
zoomy942

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye

Sony had plenty of time to observe public reaction to the 360 and make necessary adjustments to be as good or better than the 360. And they simply chose to ignore all that and make the same mistakes MS did and then some. I have no sympathy for Sony and I won't give them a year to get it in gear. They already had that year and chose to instead try and find ways to force another proprietary format down our throats.

go get em!!

Old 12-14-06, 11:03 AM   #93
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superklye

And that gap in time is made even wider considering that you have to wait for the new/exclusives to come out, along with enough hardware to meet demand. Right now, there is one PS3 exclusive worth playing. The 360 had more exclusives (Kameo and PGR3 to name two) and multi-platform games that were just different enough from the "lesser" consoles to be worth a purchase (Burnout Revenge).
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 11:12 AM   #94
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

And to think... Sony was going to release the PS3 in March of 2006. If it just got released in November and has all these issues imagine what the PS3 would have looked like in March.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 11:23 AM   #95
superklye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
And to think... Sony was going to release the PS3 in March of 2006. If it just got released in November and has all these issues imagine what the PS3 would have looked like in March.
Well, I know one thing for sure: they'd be so dusty by now that it wouldn't even be worth owning.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 11:47 AM   #96
LiquidX
xxxxxxx

I think we have to acknowledge the fact that MS has been in the business of making programs like Live and its interface long before Sony even got into the console business. Look at Windows. Like Live this is one area I don't even think they can be matched. And just look at there developer tools which almost everyone universally say is easier to work with. MS knows what there doing while Sony seems to be just learning and I don't see how its surprising at all that even a year later Live cannot easily be matched by Sony. And thats one of the reasons its free. Programs like Live and Windows is MS turf and what made them a billion dollar company. And who is to say some aspects of Live is not patented and thats the reason Sony cant just copy it and I think they would still get flack if they did just like they did with the controller.
LiquidX is offline   Reply With Quote