Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-14-06, 01:12 PM   #97
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX
I think we have to acknowledge the fact that MS has been in the business of making programs like Live and its interface long before Sony even got into the console business. Look at Windows. Like Live this is one area I don't even think they can be matched. And just look at there developer tools which almost everyone universally say is easier to work with. MS knows what there doing while Sony seems to be just learning and I don't see how its surprising at all that even a year later Live cannot easily be matched by Sony. And thats one of the reasons its free. Programs like Live and Windows is MS turf and what made them a billion dollar company. And who is to say some aspects of Live is not patented and thats the reason Sony cant just copy it and I think they would still get flack if they did just like they did with the controller.
How long has the PS2's online adaptor been out? Sony has had at least 2-3 years to toy and experiment with that so they should have a decent understanding of that technology. I agree with what superklye said about having that one year to fix mistakes MS made. I think Sony is so conceded and has their heads so far up their own arse, they can't go buy a 360, find where MS went wrong (back last year) and improve on that. But no!

I have no idea why the PS3 could not have been released earlier back in March, but was it such as huge problem that Sony couldn't take advantage of the time they had to fix small problems like emulation, BR playback and so on?

I really hope Sony chokes on the PS3, Boo-Raype and all. Sony deserves what is coming to them not only because of making one mistake after another, but for charging everyone out the ying yang for their stuff (even though it's a POS).
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 02:33 PM   #98
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Default Re: So how does everyone feel about Sony's failure to meet the hype on the PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENU291
And to think... Sony was going to release the PS3 in March of 2006. If it just got released in November and has all these issues imagine what the PS3 would have looked like in March.
I don't know if I'd say the PS3 has "all these issues".

Most of the stuff that I'm not liking is all feature based, not being able to download in bkground, PS Store needs more content etc. But I can't say I've personally had issues with the system other than the 2 random shutdowns but that was my fault and is fixed now. If I do get any issues though I will let you guys know but for now I'd just like to see more features.

The dust magnet thing isn't an issue for me either...still hardly any dust on.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 03:22 PM   #99
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
The dust magnet thing isn't an issue for me either...still hardly any dust on.
Not for anything, but isn't it only the third day you've had the system???

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 04:13 PM   #100
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
You really needed two HDMI outs?

And sorry, 200 out of what? 8000 games are unsupported.... OMG LETZ AL GO TU TEH 360 TO PLAI SOME CHITTY XBOX GAEMS THAT MAY WORX!#@... All MS cares about is if Halo works... nothing else matters, and Halo sucks terribly.

I also love how you complain about the lack of downloading in the background, even though it took XBL a few months to get the same damn thing.

Face the facts, you are a moron.

How does everyone feel about evilchris' failure at life?
LOL! {Mr. Hunt} I can't respond to you in a meaningfull way so I will say you loose at life{/Mr. Hunt}

LMAO! Your cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I stay in these threads purely for comedic purposes.
Me too. I just come here to stir the pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
I'd rather convert to Islam than buy a PS3.... LOL
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!1
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:12 PM   #101
Moo
*BANNNED*

I don't understand fanboys.

These tech companies SCREW them, tells them lies, take their money; yet despite being screwed, fanboys still defend those companies.

Perhaps someone with a psychology degree/career can explain this.

WTF.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-06, 05:22 PM   #102
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imbroglio
Not for anything, but isn't it only the third day you've had the system???
Lol yea but the way people made it seem I thought I would at least see some.

I will update you guys in a week or so to see if there's any noticeable difference.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 01:45 AM   #103
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo
I don't understand fanboys.

These tech companies SCREW them, tells them lies, take their money; yet despite being screwed, fanboys still defend those companies.

Perhaps someone with a psychology degree/career can explain this.

WTF.
For Sony FBs, yes. For most others, nah. Sony is becoming known for hitting a world record of not only ripping people off, but making close to a trillion fa-fillion mistakes.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 02:03 AM   #104
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
so every game on the ps3 is 1080p.. oh look it isnt
sony just came with a bunch of lies over and over again about everything about the ps3...
So every game on 360 is 720p? Oh look it isn't .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-06, 02:12 AM   #105
evilchris

Quote:
Hey Hunt, at least spell correctly in your sig. Weren't you the little bitch whining about Zelda spelling incorrectly?

What is "redifined"?
Old 12-15-06, 05:59 AM   #106
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Just curious, which Xbox360 games aren't 720p?
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 06:19 AM   #107
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
Just curious, which Xbox360 games aren't 720p?
Mr. Hate... I mean Hunt is referring to Project Gotham Racing 3 and Call of Duty 3. 2 games out of the entire Xbox 360 library.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 06:27 AM   #108
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Hey Hunt, at least spell correctly in your sig. Weren't you the little bitch whining about Zelda spelling incorrectly?

What is "redifined"?
Actually thank you for pointing that out. Simple typo that rarely happens, unlike Zelda_fan using "your" when "you're" should be used 99% of the time.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote