Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-22-06, 07:26 PM   #25
nrdstrm

Default Re: LotRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Just FYI, the minimum requirements of the game atm are dual 8800GTX's and has graphics worse than EQ 2. Not only that, but this is the type game that makes you want to punch the first person you see in the face due to how aggrivating they make it. EQ 1 is was hard, but at the same time challenging and fun. Vanguard is hard, but at the same time extremely aggrivating, boring, and stupid. Vanguard is an example what happens when you let everyone have a sayso of what an MMO game should be like. It has some aspects that are cool and then some aspects that are COMPLETELY random that don't even fit in the game. I can only imagine working at Sigil.

This is completely wrong (speaking to the dual 8800's with worse graphices than EQ2).
A) The graphics are better than EQ2 anyday (on Ultra high).
B) My "friend" is getting 20-30FPS in cities and 40-60 in rural areas with ONE 8800GTX and that is on Ultra High w/max clip plane. Granted, this has only happened with the last patch, so perhaps that's why you thought that...Also, they are not done optimizing...

I'll not speak to game play other than to say he is enjoying it. IMO everyone has different tastes. Have they deviated somewhat from what they intended? Most certainly, that normally happens with MMO's "feature set" lists between Alpha and Launch...

On Any Given Sunday!
nrdstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 08:49 PM   #26
xdaishanx

Default Re: LotRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
just reinstalled vanguard beta... might try it out tonight. I haven't logged on in 2-3 months. Maybe they have made it more fun? highly doubt it.

Started tinkering with it just to try out the PVP server

It better performance wise than it used to be - running on 30" here and 8800 pushes it ok

Will entirely depend on the final PVP rules whether I play or not - if its a FFA server as now that will entice me

XP loss/gain and that sort will get me to try it for a month or two -

They still are yoyo-ing on game mechanics like crazy though -
xdaishanx is offline   Reply With Quote