Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-15-06, 08:18 AM   #25
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
whAA wAhhhAAA i"m A bIg BaBY!!!!

translation: I didn't do my research on the games I wanted to buy and I got burned.

Since when did MS ever promise 100% backwards compatibility?


assumptions suck, thats all.

well tbh, i was pissed at that time when i posted it but, bleh whatever now. i mean its not like i spent $100 on the two games, they cost me $15 for the two of em (i still would love to play MG2:Substance ). i read about it and seems they have problems porting it over to HD. dont know why they dont just render it with black bars on the side, then work on fixes later....

oh and, i never bought the system or researched it. my dad bought it and it was here when i came back from college. we had a PS2 before (it broke) so i assumed it would be backwards compatible. its not really that much of a heartbreak, although i will admit i was pretty pissed.

lol thx for the dose of sarcasm though
you gotta admit it was a decent rant, i mean hell, i attacked bill gates who probably has nothing at all to do with the xbox specs.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 08:21 AM   #26
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian
 
sytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
The Wii doesn't have the hardware capable of emulating a Dreamcast... Saturn maybe but it still wouldn't be perfect.
The saturn would be a bitch, the DC is but for lack of effort pretty easy to emulate, hell some of the games ran on windows CE. It was essentially the Xbox 0.5 The saturn on the other hand is still not quite emulated because of the way it draws 3D, and its nutty dual core processor. Although it meant Duke Nukem and Quake were pretty close to PC perfect on the Saturn...
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 @ 3.42GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | GeIL 4GB DDR2
Gainward BLISS GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB 770/1920/1070
Creative Audigy 2ZS on Logitech Z-680s
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 08:29 AM   #27
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?
 
thor1182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indy, IN
Posts: 812
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

For some reason, I was hoping for Gunvalkyre or how ever its spelled to be added. I liked the game for some reason when I got it for the xbox (even though few others did)
__________________
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 08:46 AM   #28
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian
 
sytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 1,656
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

For some reason, you seem to say for some reason a lot
__________________
Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 @ 3.42GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | GeIL 4GB DDR2
Gainward BLISS GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB 770/1920/1070
Creative Audigy 2ZS on Logitech Z-680s
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 08:58 AM   #29
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86


assumptions suck, thats all.

well tbh, i was pissed at that time when i posted it but, bleh whatever now. i mean its not like i spent $100 on the two games, they cost me $15 for the two of em (i still would love to play MG2:Substance ). i read about it and seems they have problems porting it over to HD. dont know why they dont just render it with black bars on the side, then work on fixes later....

oh and, i never bought the system or researched it. my dad bought it and it was here when i came back from college. we had a PS2 before (it broke) so i assumed it would be backwards compatible. its not really that much of a heartbreak, although i will admit i was pretty pissed.

lol thx for the dose of sarcasm though
you gotta admit it was a decent rant, i mean hell, i attacked bill gates who probably has nothing at all to do with the xbox specs.
Thumbs up for taking it like a man
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 09:41 AM   #30
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Here is a nice article on the backwards compatibility process for the 360 http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/artic...atibility.aspx

While MS has never said they will have 100% BC, they have said that they aim to reach 100% BC. As we all know, they just are not there yet, but the games that are BC work pretty well.

As a comparison the 360 does all the BC in software, there is not a shred of XBox(1) hardware in the box, while the PS3 and PS2 contain a shrunk version of the previous generation hardware. The Wii is for all intents and purposes a upgraded version of the gamecube.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 10:27 AM   #31
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Here is a nice article on the backwards compatibility process for the 360 http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/artic...atibility.aspx

While MS has never said they will have 100% BC, they have said that they aim to reach 100% BC. As we all know, they just are not there yet, but the games that are BC work pretty well.

As a comparison the 360 does all the BC in software, there is not a shred of XBox(1) hardware in the box, while the PS3 and PS2 contain a shrunk version of the previous generation hardware. The Wii is for all intents and purposes a upgraded version of the gamecube.
thx for the post. maybe ill hold onto those two games for when they do become compatible, i mean they were only $15....
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 10:36 AM   #32
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

out of curosity, i remember playing soul calibur 2, and it was either 480p and widescreen or 720p and 4:3.

does this new BC update allow ot play sc2 on 720p 16:9?
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-06, 11:22 AM   #33
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
out of curosity, i remember playing soul calibur 2, and it was either 480p and widescreen or 720p and 4:3.

does this new BC update allow ot play sc2 on 720p 16:9?
Haven't tried it yet but considering I can play USM at 720p at 16:9 and the game never even supported progressive scan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 12:25 PM   #34
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy
 
Ninjaman09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jowjah
Posts: 6,687
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

ZOMG Psychonauts! Man, I might have to go buy it again!
__________________
Core i7 920 @ 3.2 | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
6GB Mushkin DDR3-1600 RAM
eVGA GTX 570 SC | Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 04:40 PM   #35
Nitz Walsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 622
Default Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

So...performance guys? A game can be listed as "compatible", but have stuttering and quirks - I hear Ninja Gaiden is like that, and that's a game that really needs 60fps. Is that the norm now or is the emulator improved?
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-06, 04:47 PM   #36
TiKiMaN1
Registered User
 
TiKiMaN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,409
Talking Re: Xbox 360 backward compatibility update - December 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
ZOMG Psychonauts! Man, I might have to go buy it again!


I loved the PC version and I just bought a brand new sealed Psychonauts XBOX version off eBay for $15 yesterday!! And it has already shipped.
TiKiMaN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaked Microsoft document details $299 Xbox 720 in 2013, Kinect glasses, OnLive acqui News Archived News Items 0 06-17-12 05:30 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.