Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-21-06, 03:36 AM   #25
JemyM

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM
Unhappy Re: New nHancer version 2.1.0 and website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grestorn
I have exactly the same configuration...

I guess the driver installation wasn't finished correctly.

You should try to uninstall the driver (using "Add/Remove software"). Reboot. Reinstall the driver. Reboot once again. Then it should work.
I just did. "Add/Remove" Nvidia Drivers, nHancer 2.1.0, Reboot, Install Drivers, Reboot, Install nHancer 2.1.0, Reboot, Error Message
"Add/Remove" nHancer 2.1.0, Reboot, Install 1.2.2 nHancer, Reboot, Starts without hassle

I also tried the english driver now with the exact same result.

Odd.
JemyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 03:44 AM   #26
Grestorn
nHancer

Default Re: New nHancer version 2.1.0 and website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM
Odd.
Very odd indeed. Do you have another graphic card in your system? Perhaps an on-board gfx chip? Or maybe you had an ATI driver installed previously which didn't deactivate itself properly?

The check nHancer is does is actually very simple. It asks Windows about "primary display" and which driver is responsible for it. If the driver is not called "nv4_disp", the message you got is shown.

If you ever happen to get this problem again, I'd really be interested in learning what driver you go instead of "nv4_disp". Tools like Everest should report that or I create a small program which does just that.

X6800 @ 3300 - Asus P5N32-SLI SE - 2x 8800 GTX SLI
Grestorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-06, 03:58 AM   #27
JemyM

Post Re: New nHancer version 2.1.0 and website!

Quote:
Very odd indeed. Do you have another graphic card in your system? Perhaps an on-board gfx chip? Or maybe you had an ATI driver installed previously which didn't deactivate itself properly?

The check nHancer is does is actually very simple. It asks Windows about "primary display" and which driver is responsible for it. If the driver is not called "nv4_disp", the message you got is shown.

If you ever happen to get this problem again, I'd really be interested in learning what driver you go instead of "nv4_disp". Tools like Everest should report that or I create a small program which does just that.
I have an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4:
http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4...i/index.x?pg=1

After deinstalling the drivers I was also forced to update my nforce drivers. Im using 6.86 now. Im not sure it matters.

As far as I know it should not have any graphiccard built in. Also, the last non-geforce card I was using was Voodoo 2.

Video Adapter Properties:
Device Description NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Adapter String GeForce 8800 GTX
BIOS String Version 60.80.07.00.04
Chip Type GeForce 8800 GTX
DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC
Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.10.9744 - nVIDIA ForceWare 97.44)
Memory Size 768 MB

Last edited by JemyM; 12-21-06 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-21-06, 04:12 AM   #28
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemyM
Im checking my shady contacts for a "temporary demo" of Everest (cannot afford buying it atm). Once I got it installed, do you know where exactly I should look for the information you need?
Only if that problems ever comes back. As I understand, nHancer seems to work now, doesn't it?

I only have version 2.0 of Everest, but in version 3 it should be shown at a similar place: Under "Display", "Windows Video" there's a entry called "Installed drivers". There you see the driver's name as well as the version it reports.

/Edit:

My first 8800GTX has a BIOS version of 60.80.06.00.02
My second one (which I bought 3 weeks later) has 60.80.06.00.12
and yours is 60.80.07.00.04

That's not related to your problem in any way, but I think it's interesting nevertheless...

Old 12-21-06, 04:51 AM   #29
JemyM

Quote:
Only if that problems ever comes back. As I understand, nHancer seems to work now, doesn't it?
No, 1.2.2 does, 2.1.0 does not. However, with all the fuzz of reinstalling stuff I now broke the ancient game Sanitarium so Sanitarium say I need Direct Draw to play the game. Im making progress! There's something fishy going on here.

Quote:
My first 8800GTX has a BIOS version of 60.80.06.00.02
My second one (which I bought 3 weeks later) has 60.80.06.00.12
and yours is 60.80.07.00.04
That's not related to your problem in any way, but I think it's interesting nevertheless...
Hmm. Lots of bioses there. They do upgrade bioses until the end. Maybe I should check for newer ones myself despite having a seemingly later version.

Last edited by JemyM; 12-21-06 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-22-06, 02:15 AM   #30
Grestorn
nHancer

JemyM, did you notice the forum PM I sent you yesterday?

Old 12-22-06, 08:35 AM   #31
Neova

Great update. Is there still no way to force triple buffering for D3D applications other than using DXTweak or another application?
Neova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 08:48 AM   #32
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neova
Great update. Is there still no way to force triple buffering for D3D applications other than using DXTweak or another application?
Well, there was a discussion recently were some people claimed that the triple buffer would always be in effect, at least on a G80 card. And in fact, I can't find any D3D game with the usual VSync framerate jumps anymore on my system.

There's still no way to force a triple buffer through a driver setting, though. So there's nothing nHancer can do.

DXTweaker intercepts the calls from the game to the D3D API and changes the flags, so that it looks like the game has asked for a triple buffer.

Old 12-22-06, 05:25 PM   #33
BDUB
Custom User Title

I found a small bug with latest version nHancer.

When you open the program, and have profiles already made, and are at the "Enhancements" tab.. the correct color scheme at the bottom is selected (if you are using a color scheme), but then if you click any other tab, and then click the "Enhancements" tab again, the color scheme will be listed as the wrong one. I don't believe it sticks like that because if select another game profile, and then go back to the original game profile - the correct color scheme is listed again.
BDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-06, 06:38 PM   #34
Grestorn
nHancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB
I found a small bug with latest version nHancer.

When you open the program, and have profiles already made, and are at the "Enhancements" tab.. the correct color scheme at the bottom is selected (if you are using a color scheme), but then if you click any other tab, and then click the "Enhancements" tab again, the color scheme will be listed as the wrong one. I don't believe it sticks like that because if select another game profile, and then go back to the original game profile - the correct color scheme is listed again.
Yes, this is just a problem with refreshing the combo box. So it's more cosmetic. Nevertheless, I'll fix that. Thanks for letting me know.

Are you using the color profiles a lot? Then you should tell that to nVidia, since the new control panel doesn't allow to create them anymore...

Old 12-23-06, 12:34 AM   #35
BDUB
Custom User Title

Yeah I use them in quite a few games.. GTR2 need a little gamma, some others need a little bit of digital vibrance, etc.. I use the old CP to make them so I hadn't noticed it was impossible in the new CP. Doesn't surprise me though! I cannot get custom resolutions for my CRT to work right with the new CP either.

BDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-06, 12:57 AM   #36
retsam

i cant install the new one because the old one will not uninstall...grrrr.....but man do i love this program...ive said it before and i will say it again...nvidia should buy you and your program out and give you a million to make it there own.
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote