Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: What would cause you to buy a Playstation 3?
Price lowered to $400 8 11.43%
Price lowered to $300 16 22.86%
Improvement in Image Quality of Games 3 4.29%
Improvement in Gameplay Quality of Games 4 5.71%
Metal Gear Solid 4 released 2 2.86%
Gran Turismo HD released 5 7.14%
They would have to give it to me 10 14.29%
They would have to pay ME to own it 4 5.71%
A cold day in hell 9 12.86%
PS3 would have to come bundled with a Wii and Xbox360 + 4 games 9 12.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-18-06, 12:07 PM   #25
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist
 
Peoples-Agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Berkshire, UK
Posts: 4,308
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Like I said before, I would sooner convert to Islam than buy a PS3 and the chances of the first choice are exactly zero.
__________________
For The Fallen
With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
England mourns for her dead across the sea.
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Peoples-Agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 12:10 PM   #26
superklye
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MKE
Posts: 13,629
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
Where do you fit in the category? Where do I?

We both can easily afford it. We are just smart enough to not do it.

People who are poor usually aren't smart enough to realize their limits in money, hence why they are poor.

People with tons of money don't care and will just buy it because it is the most expensive. Most expensive = better in their eyes.
I know, I understand what you meant...I was just making fun of your broad generalizations which basically lumped PS3 owners into the category of "anyone" owns them.
superklye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 12:12 PM   #27
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka
 
Banko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,155
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy_12345
where is the "there must be a software crack out for ps3" option
then I would buy it, and do all kinds of **** on it
Yellow Dog Linux FTW
__________________
Work/Gaming PC:
Lian-Li PC-80
Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.53
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 12:25 PM   #28
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!
 
ENU291's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,312
Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banko
Yellow Dog Linux FTW
Running Yellow Dog Linux with only 256megs of ram FTL!!
__________________
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx


Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 01:03 PM   #29
muaddib
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 702
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank 3, Resistance, Untitled Naughty Dog Project, (and basically everything else that comes from Insomniac and ND) DMC4, MGS4... And all of these are probably exclusives. Besides that, I have no interest in the PS3 and I find the XBOX360 and the Wii to be the better consoles.
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 01:15 PM   #30
Euphoria
--- ephor ---
 
Euphoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 197
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

For right now, they'll have to give to me to play it and even than it would just take space.... I would get it only if they lower the price by removing the blue ray and making it so that I can hook up the 360's HD DVD player to it. Then I'll need to see a great set of games and maybe then I'll spend some money on it.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 01:18 PM   #31
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me
 
MustangSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,602
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Only if Gran Turismo is available for it. A mere demo that's released in Japan doesn't count by the way. If the original "rumored" GT:HD came out with the full classic mode basically GT4 in high-def, I would've gotten PS3 for that probably.

Other than GT, it would have to be a cold day in hell before I get one.
__________________
1. Q6600 @ 3.2, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Powercolor HD 4890 CrossFire, 4GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, 3x 24" LCD, Matrox TripleHead2Go, Audigy 2 ZS

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 01:19 PM   #32
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

If the girl on my desktop wallpaper would slob my nob, I might consider buying a PS3.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-06, 01:36 PM   #33
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

You know whats shocking?

Not a single person, not one, chose the option "Improved Image Quality". Isn't that facinating how game developers nowadays put 90% of their effort towards image quality, and the other 10% on the actual game. And people wonder why the Wii has been such a sucess.

Its almost 2007. People have more money than ever, technology is cheaper than ever. However by the looks of this poll, a person's view on a game is still the same as it ever was before. Even in this day and age most people could care less about graphics. Make it fun and make it cheap.

I hope someone of importance in the gaming industry sees this poll and gets a clue.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 02:47 PM   #34
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody
You know whats shocking?

Not a single person, not one, chose the option "Improved Image Quality". Isn't that facinating how game developers nowadays put 90% of their effort towards image quality, and the other 10% on the actual game. And people wonder why the Wii has been such a sucess.

Its almost 2007. People have more money than ever, technology is cheaper than ever. However by the looks of this poll, a person's view on a game is still the same as it ever was before. Even in this day and age most people could care less about graphics. Make it fun and make it cheap.

I hope someone of importance in the gaming industry sees this poll and gets a clue.
IQ doesnt hold a candle to getting a Wii and a 360 with it
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 04:48 PM   #35
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH
 
SH64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 12,202
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Hmm .. Improvement in both gameplay & IQ. (Motorstorm is a good start!)
__________________


- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 04:52 PM   #36
Badboy_12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: What would cause you to buy a PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
God of War 3, Ratchet and Clank 3, Resistance, Untitled Naughty Dog Project, (and basically everything else that comes from Insomniac and ND) DMC4, MGS4... And all of these are probably exclusives. Besides that, I have no interest in the PS3 and I find the XBOX360 and the Wii to be the better consoles.
the one game I even look at is GoW3 but when that comes out the ps3 will cost 300$ and will be cracked through linux

Now I am just waiting for GoW2 for ps2
Badboy_12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I play PS3 on my Sony Vaio while using HDMI cable? AbbieJohnson Archived News Items 0 06-18-12 05:04 AM
Rumor: Sony Cloud Deal Will Make PS3 Backwards Compatible, Stream PS2/PS1 games News Archived News Items 0 06-01-12 12:10 PM
Build versus buy: One company's decision to go it alone News Archived News Items 0 05-13-12 08:40 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.