Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-18-06, 06:52 PM   #25
Apollo 13
The Man

Default Re: Playstation 3 BD vs Xbox360 HD-DVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Apollo you're the typical BLIND AS A BAT Sony fanboy:

" OGS*GH YOUD ONT LI BLU RAY?? YOUR ANTI SONY ISF YOU DONT LWiEK BL)))RYA!!!!!!! YoU DONT EVEN HAVE EBLOO RYA!!!"
THe problem is you still don't prove me wrong because the link I posted ealier proves you wrong, and all the other sites that review movies. So your the one that needs the glasses. Why are you so angry anways?
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Operating System: Vista Ultimate
Apollo 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 06:55 PM   #26
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo 13
THe problem is you still don't prove me wrong because the link I posted ealier proves you wrong, and all the other sites that review movies. So your the one that needs the glasses. Why are you so angry anways?
Nothing you posted "proves me wrong". I am not angry, I just have a great dislike for PS3 fanboys dragging their console worship into the next gen HD disc formats. This isn't about consoles, it's about MOVIES. BD is the inferior choice.

You're quoting ****ing review sites. I OWN BOTH FORMATS AND MAKE MY OWN OPINION ON MY ISF CALIBRATED DISPLAY. BD = 0. HD DVD = 1.
Old 12-18-06, 06:59 PM   #27
Ruined

Quote:
Posts pics to prove it and do it now. I have a 42" 1080p Sharp HDTV and anyone can tell both formats are the same in PQ. Im calling you a flat out lier because I have both formats and only get the bests blu-rays and HD-DVD's and they are both equal in quality. I would love for you to take a look at www.hidefdigest.com and their reveiws on all the movies that came out recently on both formats. This will prove that your wrong or even make a posts like this on AVS forums and be prepared to get eaten alive for your false BS claims. Both formats are using the same codecs so you get the same PQ. Some blu-ray releases use Mpeg 4 and you should know that's good, and you have some others that still use Mpeg 2 but use a high birate and make it look good. Anyone that is reading this thread just look at reviews on releases on www.hidefdigest.com before reading into Evilchris's bull****. His statment was so biased.
I think its pretty clear from reading AVSFORUM or virtually any other home theater forum that HD DVD > Blu-Ray. Even more blindingly obvious if you own both, too. While Blu-Ray has cleaned up their act recently, they still dont match HD DVD for the most part and are still overpriced.

In short, HD DVD is the way to go.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 07:01 PM   #28
Apollo 13
The Man

Quote:
Nothing you posted "proves me wrong". I am not angry, I just have a great dislike for PS3 fanboys dragging their console worship into the next gen HD disc formats. This isn't about consoles, it's about MOVIES. BD is the inferior choice.

You're quoting ****ing review sites. I OWN BOTH FORMATS AND MAKE MY OWN OPINION ON MY ISF CALIBRATED DISPLAY. BD = 0. HD DVD = 1.
My display is also ISF calibrated. Also im no PS3 fanboy, but the only thing you have done is this thread is make yourself look trollish. I proved you wrong and you can't comeback with nothing else to prove me wrong. Every review site agrees with what I said. You are just a lier that says he owns both formats and thinks that HD-DVD is better. Both formats are equal just face it and stop being a troll.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Old 12-18-06, 07:03 PM   #29
evilchris

Quote:
My display is also ISF calibrated. Also im no PS3 fanboy, but the only thing you have done is this thread is make yourself look trollish. I proved you wrong and you can't comeback with nothing else to prove me wrong. Every review site agrees with what I said. You are just a lier that says he owns both formats and thinks that HD-DVD is better. Both formats are equal just face it and stop being a troll.
You didn't prove jack ****. Posting ****ing links isn't "proof". All you've done is spouted random bull**** in NV40-esque grammar. I use my eyes to make up my mind. You use the Internet, lol.

Saying both formats are "equal" is the most ignorant crock of **** I have ever seen. You are a PS3 fanboy with no ****ing clue about HD.
Old 12-18-06, 07:03 PM   #30
Apollo 13
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
I think its pretty clear from reading AVSFORUM or virtually any other home theater forum that HD DVD > Blu-Ray. Even more blindingly obvious if you own both, too. While Blu-Ray has cleaned up their act recently, they still dont match HD DVD for the most part and are still overpriced.

In short, HD DVD is the way to go.
yes HD-DVD is cheaper but I wouldn't say its the way to go. If I didn't have any format and was looking into buying one I would wait until CES 2007. I wouldn't buy a format that doesn't have barely any studio support. You buy these players to watch movies not movies from just a few studios.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Old 12-18-06, 07:06 PM   #31
Apollo 13
The Man

Quote:
You didn't prove jack ****. Posting ****ing links isn't "proof". All you've done is spouted random bull**** in NV40-esque grammar.

Saying both formats are "equal" is the most ignorant crock of **** I have ever seen. You are a PS3 fanboy with no ****ing clue about HD.

someone's angry...you can't even back up what you said earlier. Also where's those pics of you blu-ray player? My links proved you wrong so just stop yepping.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Old 12-18-06, 07:06 PM   #32
evilchris

Quote:
yes HD-DVD is cheaper but I wouldn't say its the way to go. If I didn't have any format and was looking into buying one I would wait until CES 2007. I wouldn't buy a format that doesn't have barely any studio support. You buy these players to watch movies not movies from just a few studios.
What's more important:

1. A big list of studio "support" from studios shipping NO MOVIES.

2. Studio support from studios who actually ship moves.

http://www.eproductwars.com/dvd/

Oh wow look, even though BD has this MASSIVE STUDIO SUPPORT "advantage", a near equal number of movies is available for both. Keep drinking that Sony jizz.

Old 12-18-06, 07:07 PM   #33
evilchris

Quote:
someone's angry...you can't even back up what you said earlier. Also where's those pics of you blu-ray player? My links proved you wrong so just stop yepping.
Uh what can't I back up? Posting a ****ing link to an OPINION isn't proof. Proof involves facts. Something you don't have.
Old 12-18-06, 07:08 PM   #34
evilchris

Hi, I'm Apollo 13, I am about to prove 9-11 didn't happen:

http://www.rense.com/general65/911mir.htm

I JUST PROVED IT. IT'S ON THE INT4RWEB1!!
Old 12-18-06, 07:13 PM   #35
Apollo 13
The Man

HD-DVD releases
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

Blu-ray releaes
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

hush young one blu-ray is releasing more then HD-DVD. Also during CES 2007 both of them will announce more releaes. Im done with you for now because you just sound like angry fanboy and I don't want you to pop a vein in you neck.
2GB G.skill DDR2 800
19'' Benq FP91G+
Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Old 12-18-06, 07:15 PM   #36
evilchris

Quote:
HD-DVD releases
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

Blu-ray releaes
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

hush young one blu-ray is releasing more then HD-DVD. Also during CES 2007 both of them will announce more releaes. Im done with you for now because you just sound like angry fanboy and I don't want you to pop a vein in you neck.
Ah the typical PS3 fanboy "JUST YOU WAIT!!!"

I live in reality.

BTW I'll *be* at CES. Will you?