Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-18-06, 08:51 PM   #1
Tyr-Sog
goS-ryT

Default To Unleash or Not to Unleash...

this is the almighty question. This question has been answered..

Quote:
Sony: No One Will Use 100% of PS3

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155972

I like this...

Quote:
What he does want, however, is to change the public's perception of video games. Harrison believes the term is too constricting. "I fervently believe that the biggest challenge we face is that our industry is referred to as 'video games,' and games are supposed to be fun. Games should deal with fear, should deal with comedy and with death. They should deal with peril, with drug offenses."
Oh sony, oh sony....

Hmmm, less focus on graphics and now the focus is on gameplay. Someone was slapped with the reality stick and realizes that they might not beable to run with the 360 graphically me thinks.

Time to spin that PR 180
Old 12-18-06, 08:52 PM   #2
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: To Unleash or Not to Unleash...

wow. just wow
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 09:30 PM   #3
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Alright, please tell me if this is just me.

Why are developers, or whoever, always talk about games as if having good graphics is somehow a trade-off with great gameplay. It's like, focusing on one somehow means you can't focus on the other? I know many won't agree with me, but GOW has grown on me extremely with its gameplay mechanics, not the graphics. I'm not a graphics ***** by any means, and I found GOW's gameplay mechanics to be the most appealing to me.
Old 12-18-06, 09:30 PM   #4
Zelda_fan

I have a feeling there is going to be a mass firing at the Sony PS3 PR department.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 09:30 PM   #5
Quickstar

What is the context of this article? Is he talking about the 1/8 cell processors thats not being used? Where did it say they'll focus less on graphics? These are the most useless quotes!
Quickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 09:36 PM   #6
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstar
What is the context of this article? Is he talking about the 1/8 cell processors thats not being used? Where did it say they'll focus less on graphics? These are the most useless quotes!
why not just read the article?
Old 12-18-06, 09:38 PM   #7
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Speaking to MTV, he said "nobody will ever use 100 percent of its capability" due to firmware upgrades and new uses for the Sixaxis controller
To be honest these lot spin better that the Labour government here in Britain. Personally I think they should all shut up and start delivering. Then they can start talking.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 09:44 PM   #8
|MaguS|

I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't want high graphics games... He's just saying that he wants more then just the pretties games, that he wants developers to try to reach into more story or realism. He doesn't want Doom 3 after Doom 3...

I think the whole "no one will use 100% of the PS3" is aimed at that no one game will take advantage of every aspect of what the PS3 is capable of. So note very game is going to be 100% online and capable of getting updates or downloadable content or that not all games will use the SIXAXIS to its fullest or the Eyetoy 2.

Sony has been actually saying things like this for awhile though... Remember the EE PR speach about how they wanted to make games that would make you feel real emotions?

Old 12-18-06, 09:46 PM   #9
Zelda_fan

Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-06, 11:59 PM   #10
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

You guys sure know how to reach for anything, turning nothing into something. Hes saying something pretty much every developer has been saying for the last 2 years.
Old 12-19-06, 08:37 AM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Alright, please tell me if this is just me.

Why are developers, or whoever, always talk about games as if having good graphics is somehow a trade-off with great gameplay. It's like, focusing on one somehow means you can't focus on the other? I know many won't agree with me, but GOW has grown on me extremely with its gameplay mechanics, not the graphics. I'm not a graphics ***** by any means, and I found GOW's gameplay mechanics to be the most appealing to me.
i totally agree. focusing on one aspect of the game does not rule out the other. here's an idea: a good game with good graphics!

OMG, is that even possible? no, because companies/developers make excuses. hell, i cant write a game like that, but you would think that a whole team of developers could.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 10:06 AM   #12
rek075

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't want high graphics games... He's just saying that he wants more then just the pretties games, that he wants developers to try to reach into more story or realism. He doesn't want Doom 3 after Doom 3...

I think the whole "no one will use 100% of the PS3" is aimed at that no one game will take advantage of every aspect of what the PS3 is capable of. So note very game is going to be 100% online and capable of getting updates or downloadable content or that not all games will use the SIXAXIS to its fullest or the Eyetoy 2.

Sony has been actually saying things like this for awhile though... Remember the EE PR speach about how they wanted to make games that would make you feel real emotions?
Nice try at interpretation, but he had said in the same interview that God of War 2 uses 100% of the PS2. Does it use the interweb or hard drive capabilities?
rek075 is offline   Reply With Quote