Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-06, 11:18 AM   #13
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: To Unleash or Not to Unleash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Sony has been actually saying things like this for awhile though... Remember the EE PR speach about how they wanted to make games that would make you feel real emotions?
I've been playing games that do that for over 16 years - mostly on the Super Nintendo.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 11:24 AM   #14
evilchris

Mankind is far too primitive to even begin to understand the full power of the PS3. I think maybe in 1000 years we may begin to tap into its potential, and enable warp drive on the shuttle.
Old 12-19-06, 11:43 AM   #15
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

The PC gaming industry says hello. So many games are held back because of catering to those with lowend hardware that its rare that many games fully take advantage of dual core processores or $500 video cards. Although that shouldnt be a factor in console gaming you still have to look at the fact alot of things are never really "unleashed" to there full potential. How many have turned up there stereo to the max, pushed you car pedal to the metal. Even jets can go faster than there going now but they would turn the pilot inside out if they did.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 01:10 PM   #16
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
The PC gaming industry says hello. So many games are held back because of catering to those with lowend hardware that its rare that many games fully take advantage of dual core processores or $500 video cards. Although that shouldnt be a factor in console gaming you still have to look at the fact alot of things are never really "unleashed" to there full potential. How many have turned up there stereo to the max, pushed you car pedal to the metal. Even jets can go faster than there going now but they would turn the pilot inside out if they did.
a stereo on full blast would hurt your ears, a car going at high speeds is dangerous, and like you said, a jet at full blast will turn the pilot inside out. Where is the danger to society from the PS3 being maxed out?
Old 12-19-06, 01:11 PM   #17
evilchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
a stereo on full blast would hurt your ears, a car going at high speeds is dangerous, and like you said, a jet at full blast will turn the pilot inside out. Where is the danger to society from the PS3 being maxed out?
Dude, maxxing out a PS3 might reverse the big bang and suck everything back in...
Old 12-19-06, 01:13 PM   #18
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
why not just read the article?
He is a Sony fan boi. That would require learning something about the lemon he bought based off of PR hype.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 01:16 PM   #19
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Dude, maxxing out a PS3 might reverse the big bang and suck everything back in...
To take a line from a VW radio add, the PS3 has 3 gears and the third gear is disapointment.

LMAO!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 01:26 PM   #20
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
And there goes my argument. But still its not unreasonably what he said. Just look at Gears of War and what the 360 is capable of. Two years from now and even longer I think there will be many games that still wont come close to its graphics. Point is alot of things are never maxed out even though the potential is there.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-06, 01:35 PM   #21
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N
And there goes my argument. But still its not unreasonably what he said. Just look at Gears of War and what the 360 is capable of. Two years from now and even longer I think there will be many games that still wont come close to its graphics. Point is alot of things are never maxed out even though the potential is there.
It'll always get better, even until the very end. The biggest problem will be the PC games, which will progress at a much faster rate than console games. I don't think Gears will be the best looking game for tne next two years.... The console itself might be maxed out, developers can simply figure out ways to make the game look better without any extra strain on processing power.
Old 12-19-06, 01:41 PM   #22
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Quote:
Mankind is far too primitive to even begin to understand the full power of the PS3. I think maybe in 1000 years we may begin to tap into its potential, and enable warp drive on the shuttle.
Thats a good one
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 01:54 PM   #23
Zelda_fan

Quote:
lmfao you should do a comedy routine. People pay money to laugh this hard.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 01:59 PM   #24
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

evilchris...i love you and the horse you rode in on
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote