Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-19-06, 12:20 AM   #13
Banko
Red Pepper Vodka

Default Re: 5 Things That Went From Buzz to Bust(Time.com)

All these editorials are idiotic, they said the Wii sold more then the PS3.

Well duh the Wii had more of them being in stock.

Both sold out 100%.

Thing is this all doesn't matter until all systems are out in quantities.
MSI P55-GD80
G.Skill DDR3-1600 8gb 4x2gb
Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA
ATi Radeon 5870
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Windows 7 Ultimate

HTPC/Second Gaming PC:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Intel Q6600 @ 2.8
G.Skill DDR2 4gb 2x2gb
NVidia 8800GTX
OCZ GameXStream 700W
Banko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 12:26 AM   #14
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Send a message via AIM to Bad_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxikneedle
Well, its lack of a decent online system, no hard-drive, a crappy DVD player. I'm just saying that even though the PS3 has all the components to make a great console, Sony seems to not care about the games that really made the system sell... GTA, Guitar Hero, among others. If those same games would come out for both Xbox and PS2 at the same time, I doubt the PS2 would have won.
Did the lack of those things make the Dreamcast a bad console? It was right around the same time period. Dunno about you, but I loved my DC. It was far from a POS. In a way, I prise MS for forcing Sony to include better hardware this time around. I'm not(edit) too worried about software at the moment. PS2 launched with crap games but at the end of those 6 years (with atleast another year left), I'm pretty satisfied with my PS2. I mean seriously, I picked up Tekken Tag and Fantivision for PS2 launch titles. The titles eventually came and I had a blast. Now if the PS3 doesnt get any AAA titles by the end of 2007 (around the time PS2 had it's first wave of AAA titles) then will be the time I start worrying. Resistance is great as a launch title dont get me wrong, but it's far from what I expect the 2nd gen titles like gears of war will turn out to be. Till then, I got a few PS3 launch titles I still want to play and a **** load of PS2 games I havent even touched yet. And yes, even some 360 games I want to play. Just as I had DC games to tide me over the PS2 launch. You gotta remember that GTA and Guitar Hero, amoung others... did not come out day one for the system.

Last edited by Bad_Boy; 12-19-06 at 12:38 AM.
Bad_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 12:30 AM   #15
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Did the lack of those things make the Dreamcast a bad console? It was right around the same time period. Dunno about you, but I loved my DC. It was far from a POS. In a way, I prise MS for forcing Sony to include better hardware this time around. I'm too worried about software at the moment. PS2 launched with crap games but at the end of those 6 years (with atleast another year left), I'm pretty satisfied with my PS2. I mean seriously, I picked up Tekken Tag and Fantivision for PS2 launch titles. The titles eventually came and I had a blast. Now if the PS3 doesnt get any AAA titles by the end of 2007 (around the time PS2 had it's first wave of AAA titles) then will be the time I start worrying. Resistance is great as a launch title dont get me wrong, but it's far from what I expect the 2nd gen titles like gears of war will turn out to be. Till then, I got a few PS3 launch titles I still want to play and a **** load of PS2 games I havent even touched yet. And yes, even some 360 games I want to play. Just as I had DC games to tide me over the PS2 launch. You gotta remember that GTA and Guitar Hero, amoung others... did not come out day one for the system.
Well I loved my DC too... but again not the DC itself, just the games I played on it. Shenmue, Soul Caliber, Crazy Taxi... that's all I remember about the DC. I still want a PS2 to play Guitar Hero, if they haven't announced it for 360, I would have bought one just for Guitar Hero. Which is I guess where I was aiming with the original statement about PS2s bad review in Time. If they reviewed it before.... GTAIII I guess, it wasn't like a must have console back then.
Old 12-19-06, 12:32 AM   #16
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
I would do it even if I didn't own a 360. I find it hilarious.
Thats fair enough. Any more replies?
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 12:37 AM   #17
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
Well I loved my DC too... but again not the DC itself, just the games I played on it.
Exactly. Hardware and Features wise, DC wasnt all that impressive, it was noisy as well. But I loved it for the games I could play on it. and IMO that made it a great console to me. Same thing applies here. I'm not as bad as you think I may be just because I like the PS2/PS3.

BTW Guitar Hero II is coming out in early 07 for 360 IIRC.
Old 12-19-06, 12:45 AM   #18
toxikneedle
this.is.a.chemical.burn

Send a message via AIM to toxikneedle Send a message via MSN to toxikneedle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy
Exactly. Hardware and Features wise, DC wasnt all that impressive, it was noisy as well. But I loved it for the games I could play on it. and IMO that made it a great console to me. Same thing applies here. I'm not as bad as you think I may be just because I like the PS2/PS3.

BTW Guitar Hero II is coming out in early 07 for 360 IIRC.
yeah, spring is what the red octane guy told me when I saw them at a game convention here in NYC. Heh, and unlike Zelda_fan, I'm not anti-Sony. I feel the Playstation is for a different audience completely. Games like Rainbow 6, GRAW, Gears, and most other shooters is what I mostly play, and for those games its better to have a 360.... which is why I bought one, since PC shooters are lacking these days. Playstation has totally different games; for example, Viva Pinata, which is a really good game, was a total bust on the 360. It only sold 35k in November... simply because the 360 crowd isn't into those games....
Old 12-19-06, 12:48 AM   #19
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

The PS2 itself sucked real bad. The only thing that sold the PS2 for me was the GTA series period. Man I loved Vice City.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 12:55 AM   #20
Bad_Boy
god of war.

Quote:
yeah, spring is what the red octane guy told me when I saw them at a game convention here in NYC. Heh, and unlike Zelda_fan, I'm not anti-Sony. I feel the Playstation is for a different audience completely. Games like Rainbow 6, GRAW, Gears, and most other shooters is what I mostly play, and for those games its better to have a 360.... which is why I bought one, since PC shooters are lacking these days. Playstation has totally different games; for example, Viva Pinata, which is a really good game, was a total bust on the 360. It only sold 35k in November... simply because the 360 crowd isn't into those games....
Seems like we can agree on something then.

Old 12-19-06, 02:13 AM   #21
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaahu_Akbar
Do some of you 360 owners scour the net finding negative things about the ps3? Or is it just a case of reassuring yourselves that you made the right purchasing decision and trying to justify it?
Yes! Because we like making fun of stupid people. It's our "thing"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	retarded.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	22982  

Last edited by UDawg; 12-19-06 at 02:24 AM.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 07:15 AM   #22
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291

You've sunken to an all time low UDawg.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 07:22 AM   #23
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

The reason we dogpile on Sony is because they talked such a big game. I mean seriously, you never had the friend when you were a kid who thought they were hot ****, talked and talked and talked about how awesome they were, but then when it came down to it, they were useless? They'd talk about how great they were at sports, then they'd get tired and quit after 5 minutes. Or they'd talk about how great they were at games, then quit in frustration after a few minutes of button mashing. Or maybe they'd brag about how much they could drink, and then they'd pass out after only a few beers. And you bet your ass you gave them a heard time about being so full of ****.

Same thing with Sony. They talked a huge game. Enormous. True HD? The HD Era starts with us? Comparing the PS3 to a super computer? Come on now.
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-06, 07:23 AM   #24
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Yes! Because we like making fun of stupid people. It's our "thing"
LOL!!!!!

Thats almost exactly how I picture any fanboy of any console. Wii, PS3 or 360.
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote