Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-28-06, 05:45 PM   #13
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Pallies are crap. I hate them with a passion. One tier 1 pally with NO SKILL can come in and wipe out 6 people in AV. I see it time and time again. It is just plain friking stupid.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 07:24 PM   #14
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

I'd like to see a pally do that when I'm around . . . after he pops that first bubble, his ass is grass. Unstable affliction will make him my bitch.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 08:32 PM   #15
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
I'd like to see a pally do that when I'm around . . . after he pops that first bubble, his ass is grass. Unstable affliction will make him my bitch.
What planet are you on? Pallies own locks.
Old 12-28-06, 08:45 PM   #16
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
What planet are you on? Pallies own locks.
LMAO. Ever since the 2.0 patch, with my affliction spec I have never lost to a pally one and one. Not once. Not even against the tier 3 decked out pallies.

Things might be different if I didn't have unstable affliction, but as it is, if the pally tries to cleanse it off of them they get hit for 1300 shadow damage and silenced for 5 seconds. That allows my other dots to tick them to death.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 12-28-06, 08:58 PM   #17
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Dalaran-PvE
lvl 60 Dwarf Hunter marksman spec -Treebark
lvl 6 Human Priest (bank alt) - Papalight
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-06, 09:11 PM   #18
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

now the only class that really kicks my ass is hunters . . . but they kicked my ass before the patch so that silencing shot bs only made it worse.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 12-28-06, 11:22 PM   #19
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
LMAO. Ever since the 2.0 patch, with my affliction spec I have never lost to a pally one and one. Not once. Not even against the tier 3 decked out pallies.

Things might be different if I didn't have unstable affliction, but as it is, if the pally tries to cleanse it off of them they get hit for 1300 shadow damage and silenced for 5 seconds. That allows my other dots to tick them to death.
Sorry, I'm not buying it.
Old 12-28-06, 11:44 PM   #20
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
Sorry, I'm not buying it.
And I'm not gonna try to convince you. All I can say is paladins are one of the easiest classes to defeat for me, second only to warriors(which are a joke btw).

So with that, I'll stop derailing the thread.
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]

Old 12-29-06, 06:00 PM   #21
slick
Play with conviction.

UDawg, he's right. Warlocks are WAY overpowered (read: more than they were before) with this 2.0.x patch. Afflicition and Demonology both utterly destroy.

Hemo/CloS rogues are also rigoddamndiculous in 2.0.x.

That said, paladins did get a HUGE DPS increase, but rest assured that will get nerfed. They can do so much damage in the stun time on Hammer of GG it's actually kind of sickening. Plate + heals + invulnerability + insane burst DPS will not stick around. Warlocks are still better off though, but traditionally Blizzard won't do jack **** about it.
Old 12-29-06, 06:21 PM   #22
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
UDawg, he's right. Warlocks are WAY overpowered (read: more than they were before) with this 2.0.x patch. Afflicition and Demonology both utterly destroy.

Hemo/CloS rogues are also rigoddamndiculous in 2.0.x.

That said, paladins did get a HUGE DPS increase, but rest assured that will get nerfed. They can do so much damage in the stun time on Hammer of GG it's actually kind of sickening. Plate + heals + invulnerability + insane burst DPS will not stick around. Warlocks are still better off though, but traditionally Blizzard won't do jack **** about it.
I understand that. I have been playing the game since launch also and Pallies in AV or world PVE distroye everything. Locks in AV and PVE are easy. They are class cannons. I have two buddies that have tier two locks and a partial tier 3 locks who are good PVPers and they laugh at the idea that affliction is that great.

I as a rogue wont go near locks because they are way over powered. That being said I can distroye a lock in PVE. Once I get the jump on him, he is dead.
Old 12-29-06, 07:11 PM   #23
Tork64

Actually as a pally ( I was first a pally before a rogue ) Warlocks are easy to get away from, thats my build, holy/protection, so I can pretty much survive anything thrown at me. But as a rogue, I can kill a warlock with 2-3 hits, the thing here is I HAVE to be cloaked because i get a 10% boost in damage, plus i have to hit from behind with a ambush and thats around 1800-2000 damage and then a backstab, thats another 1400-1600 damage, and maybe throw a eviscerate at the end. I have not tried the cloak of shadows yet cause i love my build right now and it works pretty good. However, if im not cloaked im pretty much dead so its extremely important that you are always hidden, run back and get out of combat and recloak. I count on the element of surprise. Cloak of shadows is getting nerfed though from what i understand, its going to require level 66 when expansion hits.

Here is my build for Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihxb0xZGcZE0ecc0oc

With this build all you gotta do is cloak and then hit a mage or warlock behind with ambush and then another backstab and they are pretty much dead, after that hit vanish, rinse and repeat. The thing i like about this is that you have preperation just in case you need another to make sure the person is dead. You have to be fast though before anyone finds out and puts some dots on you lol. I can kill players right next to their group without them even knowing cause ill be gone before they know it I love rogues!

Use that build and you'll be one of the first 3 on the list after a game, always worked for me.

Demo video of how it works.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwZ5IcdfiLY
Samsung Widescreen 920bw
Vista / XP Pro

Last edited by Tork64; 12-29-06 at 07:52 PM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-06, 09:01 PM   #24
Roliath

I find that one on one, or even one vs two I can easily bring down the opposition with me being ret now on my pally, It was slight harder when I was holy specced. One thing I like about being ret now, is I can fairly easily stun-lock a class 100-0 which feels similar to my rogue. My rogue got the short end of the pvp stick being combat swords, but is mainly now until BC drops.