Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-06, 11:08 PM   #26
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
Actually as a pally ( I was first a pally before a rogue ) Warlocks are easy to get away from, thats my build, holy/protection, so I can pretty much survive anything thrown at me. But as a rogue, I can kill a warlock with 2-3 hits, the thing here is I HAVE to be cloaked because i get a 10% boost in damage, plus i have to hit from behind with a ambush and thats around 1800-2000 damage and then a backstab, thats another 1400-1600 damage, and maybe throw a eviscerate at the end. I have not tried the cloak of shadows yet cause i love my build right now and it works pretty good. However, if im not cloaked im pretty much dead so its extremely important that you are always hidden, run back and get out of combat and recloak. I count on the element of surprise. Cloak of shadows is getting nerfed though from what i understand, its going to require level 66 when expansion hits.
CloS isn't getting nerfed, quite the contrary. It's getting buffed in TBC. It's going to become a trainable class skill, like you said, available at level 66. However, its cooldown is being reduced to 1 minute. On the flip side, it will no longer be affected by prep, which is a downer, but CloS on a 1 minute CD is nothing short of sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64
Here is my build for Rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=ihxb0xZGcZE0ecc0oc

With this build all you gotta do is cloak and then hit a mage or warlock behind with ambush and then another backstab and they are pretty much dead, after that hit vanish, rinse and repeat. The thing i like about this is that you have preperation just in case you need another to make sure the person is dead. You have to be fast though before anyone finds out and puts some dots on you lol. I can kill players right next to their group without them even knowing cause ill be gone before they know it I love rogues!

Use that build and you'll be one of the first 3 on the list after a game, always worked for me.

Demo video of how it works.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwZ5IcdfiLY
I don't mean to be offensive here, but your playstyle on the rogue is very elementary. You're basically crit praying with ambushes and backstabs, and if those don't kill the person (which they won't on anything with more armor than a clothy) then you're screwed. Not to mention that any mage or warlock that's worth his salt is going to have you CC'd the second after your ambush lands.

The rogue class isn't about a lot of big numbers really fast, it's all about control. The rogue has to be in control of the fight at all times or he has already lost. Hemo/CloS stunlock is far and away the best build right now. It offers the best fight control and survivability possible, while still providing high, consistent DPS that is not reliant upon yellow crits. I won't bother going into the logistics of how it's played, but here's a good video that will demonstrate the power of the build. It is nothing but 1v2's in the arena.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...011&q=Mortgasm
Old 12-29-06, 11:28 PM   #27
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I understand that. I have been playing the game since launch also and Pallies in AV or world PVE distroye everything. Locks in AV and PVE are easy. They are class cannons. I have two buddies that have tier two locks and a partial tier 3 locks who are good PVPers and they laugh at the idea that affliction is that great.
You aren't playing the same 2.0 patch that everyone else is I guess. Affliction is so grossly over powered that it isn't even funny. 5 dots, instant AoE CC, and drain tanking are imba.

And since when are they glass cannons? They have multiple CC's (depending on the pet), not to mention health stones on top of pots and tubers (and soul stones in world PvP). Soul Link only makes matters that much worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I as a rogue wont go near locks because they are way over powered. That being said I can distroye a lock in PVE. Once I get the jump on him, he is dead.
Warlocks go down easy now that we have CloS. WotF/Trinkets stop fear, CloS eats DC.
Old 12-30-06, 02:04 AM   #28
Tork64

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
I don't mean to be offensive here, but your playstyle on the rogue is very elementary.
Thank you, I try :P. elementary or not this build works great for me, especially in AB.
Samsung Widescreen 920bw
Vista / XP Pro
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-06, 05:27 AM   #29
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
And I'm not gonna try to convince you. All I can say is paladins are one of the easiest classes to defeat for me, second only to warriors(which are a joke btw).

So with that, I'll stop derailing the thread.
Back in the good old days before they nerfed the hell out of warriors, my warrior would destroy warlocks damnit.
Old 01-02-07, 11:07 AM   #30
Phyre

Barleystout

lvl 60 Dwarf Rogue on Earthen Ring

http://ctprofiles.net/3009505

Phyre
Phyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 12:31 AM   #31
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Valsu - 60 Human Shadowpriest <-- Ex Grand Marshal
Trashbag - 60 Human Paladin <--BWL/AQ Gear
Luxx - 60 Human Rogue <-- Noob
Hulky - 51 Orc Shaman <-- My latest love

I think I have a character of every class above 40 also
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 10:21 PM   #32
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick
The rogue class isn't about a lot of big numbers really fast, it's all about control. The rogue has to be in control of the fight at all times or he has already lost. Hemo/CloS stunlock is far and away the best build right now. It offers the best fight control and survivability possible, while still providing high, consistent DPS that is not reliant upon yellow crits.
this is it EXACTLY! I went from an assasination build to a combat daggers, and now finally Hemo/CloS build with the HWL weapons, epic pvp set. I destroy all caster classes easily, and not having to rely on being behind someone to do decent damage is a big plus for the rest of the classes. The only class that does give me trouble some time is a hemo spec rogue same as myself heh, but thats a matter of who gets the opener.

In AB a couple days ago I was the only player guarding mines, and three warriors roll up from stables. One would think "well Im screwed" I had the one trying to cap the flag dead before the other 2 had a clue, then I kited them around nearly having the second one dead right when the game ended. Im not trying to brag, but all three would have been dead had the game not ended.

We are the reason you see nerf rogue threads. A hemo/CloS rogue is the true God of WOW PVP.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-07, 11:48 PM   #33
Arioch

Meliadus, lvl 60 NE hunter - now retired and living comfortably in an undisclosed location with his Winterspring Frostsaber mount doing rodeo tricks for kids.

Arioch, lvl 60 Undead priest - retired to a beach community playing golf.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 01:10 AM   #34
DaveChambers
nVidiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
this is it EXACTLY! I went from an assasination build to a combat daggers, and now finally Hemo/CloS build with the HWL weapons, epic pvp set. I destroy all caster classes easily, and not having to rely on being behind someone to do decent damage is a big plus for the rest of the classes. The only class that does give me trouble some time is a hemo spec rogue same as myself heh, but thats a matter of who gets the opener.

In AB a couple days ago I was the only player guarding mines, and three warriors roll up from stables. One would think "well Im screwed" I had the one trying to cap the flag dead before the other 2 had a clue, then I kited them around nearly having the second one dead right when the game ended. Im not trying to brag, but all three would have been dead had the game not ended.

We are the reason you see nerf rogue threads. A hemo/CloS rogue is the true God of WOW PVP.
While I agree that Hemo rogues are very deadly, Shadowpriests, Warlocks > Rogues for PvP.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 06:01 PM   #35
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Werewolph - 60 Warrior. Only character i've ever gotten past lvl 22, created him Day 1, the moment the servers came online. I live on windrunner.

At the moment i'm hoping nothing too drastic is going on, because my account was hacked. My war is decked out in close to the best DPS gear a warrior can get, and i don't wanna lose that.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 06:07 PM   #36
slick
Play with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
While I agree that Hemo rogues are very deadly, Shadowpriests, Warlocks > Rogues for PvP.
There's isn't a warlock that I don't step all over right now. Succy fights can be rough every now and then, but that just makes it challenging.

Shadowpriests are even easier. Not only do I have an inherent fear break, I can CloS out the second time, if there even is one (and even a third after prep ><). They have zero CC.

My biggest problem is well geared feral druids. 6-7k HP and 10k armor while still doing hardcore DPS on leather is not cool. At least now I can CloS out of FFF and vanish. If vanish isn't up and they get the jump it's GG.