Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-07, 07:02 PM   #37
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
While I agree that Hemo rogues are very deadly, Shadowpriests, Warlocks > Rogues for PvP.
any caster class is a joke to a CLoS rogue with prep.
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 09:43 PM   #38
DaveChambers
nVidiot!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 176
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
any caster class is a joke to a CLoS rogue with prep.
I disagree, I still think a good shadowpreist can beat any CLoS rogue. Its actually very simple; your going to have martyrdom as a shadowpriest, just drop shadowform, spam 1-2 flash heals while the rogue is immune to spells (save fear for after CLoS), then redot/dps. Then again, I may be a bit spoiled with 5652HP as a shadowpreist. Stuns can be easily trinketed out of, and theres always depserate prayer, provided theyre dwarf/human.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-07, 10:53 PM   #39
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

prep, prep, prep. I'm telling you, I've been CLoS/Hemo for several weeks now, and no caster has beaten me in a 1v1 fight since. I just stumble a bit on pallies, and well geared assassination build rogues, but they only show up for fights every 3 minutes, heh. The only time I ever have to stun a caster is the initial CS, which is opened up with 2 points from premed, so basically you'll start the fight at 50% or less HP from a 5 point evis if it crits(2400-2900dmg are my crits on cloth)
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 01:17 PM   #40
DaveChambers
nVidiot!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 176
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
prep, prep, prep. I'm telling you, I've been CLoS/Hemo for several weeks now, and no caster has beaten me in a 1v1 fight since. I just stumble a bit on pallies, and well geared assassination build rogues, but they only show up for fights every 3 minutes, heh. The only time I ever have to stun a caster is the initial CS, which is opened up with 2 points from premed, so basically you'll start the fight at 50% or less HP from a 5 point evis if it crits(2400-2900dmg are my crits on cloth)
Prep builds are very fun, thats how I currently have my rogue spec'd. But debates like this are almost pointless. It all comes down to who's sitting behind the character, and how much time they've put into the game (gear, understanding of game mechanics, etc). But I what I especially enjoy about shadowpriests is their high melee damage reduction. I think my priest sits at just under 51%. On top of that, and the 5600+ HP, theres also 2 shields for the rogue and warriors (poor guys, dont get any rage from the shield ) to eat through, putting my theoretical health total for a 30 second fight just a hair under 8k.

I agree with you, paladins can either be cake for a rogue, or an absolute nightmare. I recently spec'd my paladin to 41/10/0 (holy/prot build) and I believe that to be the ultimate PvP healer spec. I've had Naxx/AQ40 geared rogues burn every cooldown twice, and still never get me passed 60% health. Of course, good gear can make up for a lot of missing skill, but when you combine the both, you have an absolute PvP machine, regardless of class.
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 01:41 PM   #41
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

I hate dueling. I love team work PVP. World PVP is my favorite.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 01:57 PM   #42
DaveChambers
nVidiot!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 176
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
I hate dueling. I love team work PVP. World PVP is my favorite.
Duels are pretty uneven, most of the time people will only open duels with people they know or think they can beat. I've sat out in front of IF for hours and never had a duel opened, but as soon as I log on to a 60 with a little less gear, everyone tries to duel ya. Its pretty funny

I always love premades for PvP, I wont even attempt it without one. But from what Ive come to see, to win WSG you need geared players who have some basic idea of how to PvP; however, AB is a different story completely. You can have a team full of people in their PvP blue set, and they can absolutely dominate. After spending my first two years as alliance, I grew to hate AB. Getting 5 capped 8/10 games by mostly pugs just wasnt fun. However, the second I was high enough for AB on my Shaman, its all I wanted to do. It just seems the the overall teamwork of the horde is much better than alliance. Maybe its because every 12 year old decides they have to be a nightelf, and in the end, it does end up hurting the faction
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 03:43 PM   #43
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
Duels are pretty uneven, most of the time people will only open duels with people they know or think they can beat. I've sat out in front of IF for hours and never had a duel opened, but as soon as I log on to a 60 with a little less gear, everyone tries to duel ya. Its pretty funny

I always love premades for PvP, I wont even attempt it without one. But from what Ive come to see, to win WSG you need geared players who have some basic idea of how to PvP; however, AB is a different story completely. You can have a team full of people in their PvP blue set, and they can absolutely dominate. After spending my first two years as alliance, I grew to hate AB. Getting 5 capped 8/10 games by mostly pugs just wasnt fun. However, the second I was high enough for AB on my Shaman, its all I wanted to do. It just seems the the overall teamwork of the horde is much better than alliance. Maybe its because every 12 year old decides they have to be a nightelf, and in the end, it does end up hurting the faction
That is why I love the Horde. My 29 undead priest Snots from Elune was HATED and I loved that.

I am not good at dueling at all, yet you get me in world PVP and I can take down 3 or 4 alliance easily. It is all about patients.

Here is my biggest pet peeve in Wow, JUMPING! I hate it when people PVP and jump around, espeically mages. They do the same damn movements. It is a wasted movement IMO. They say it messes the other person up. Uhh, no it doesn't, auto attack buddy. You can run around making them mess up their casting with out jumping. I guess the reason why I hate it so much is because it is envogue. People do it because they want to be cool.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-07, 04:05 PM   #44
DaveChambers
nVidiot!
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 176
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDawg
That is why I love the Horde. My 29 undead priest Snots from Elune was HATED and I loved that.

I am not good at dueling at all, yet you get me in world PVP and I can take down 3 or 4 alliance easily. It is all about patients.

Here is my biggest pet peeve in Wow, JUMPING! I hate it when people PVP and jump around, espeically mages. They do the same damn movements. It is a wasted movement IMO. They say it messes the other person up. Uhh, no it doesn't, auto attack buddy. You can run around making them mess up their casting with out jumping. I guess the reason why I hate it so much is because it is envogue. People do it because they want to be cool.
Its funny you should say that; I introduced a few friends of mine in real life to WoW, and everytime I come help them get started they'll ask, "Why do you jump everywhere". I've tried to stop and I'll go a few minutes, then just realize I'm jumping everywhere again. I guess it just became a habit after running around so much
DaveChambers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-07, 08:29 PM   #45
UDawg
Retired spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,799
Default Re: WoW - post your mains

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveChambers
Its funny you should say that; I introduced a few friends of mine in real life to WoW, and everytime I come help them get started they'll ask, "Why do you jump everywhere". I've tried to stop and I'll go a few minutes, then just realize I'm jumping everywhere again. I guess it just became a habit after running around so much
Oh I jump every where when going in the world. I just hate it when people do it while pvping. LOL! My buddies on vent make fun of me cuz of this hatred ot pvp jumpers. I go after them with a passion.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily Deal - Post Apocalyptic Mayhem, 75% off! News Gaming Headlines 0 06-21-12 07:20 PM
WoW: Vivendi May Be Looking To Sell Activision-Blizzard News Archived News Items 0 06-08-12 05:20 AM
Post working out problem with 40.xx trying to work problem out, ONLY system specs b5fan NVIDIA Windows Graphics Drivers 11 10-19-02 09:17 AM
1st post - XP Restore question Needa916 Microsoft Windows XP And Vista 2 09-12-02 05:24 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.